Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
34
74
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    He looks like a standard white guy. I don't understand the nitpicking around where his roots are from.
    Exactly, I don't understand this nicpicking by the state.

    Why are they specifically saying that the problem are "white men", and then names a perpetrator that isn't a "white man"? Why not just say that the problem is a toxic workplace with a frat-boy culture?

    Was it a similar failure to identify the real issue at Blizzard that caused the racism/sexism against Julian Murillo-Cuellar (Psychlolis)?

  2. #462
    Anyway, just uninstalled all my Blizzard stuff today. And to think I sent my wife a job opening for them just a few days prior.

    The article talks about an employee committing suicide and the photos of the aftermath were sent around the office? What in the fuck is going on over there.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2021-07-23 at 09:54 AM.

  3. #463
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Exactly, I don't understand this nicpicking by the state.

    Why are they specifically saying that the problem are "white men", and then names a perpetrator that isn't a "white man"? Why not just say that the problem is a toxic workplace with a frat-boy culture?

    Was it a similar failure to identify the real issue at Blizzard that caused the racism/sexism against Julian Murillo-Cuellar (Psychlolis)?
    Because this is the US and if a topic isn't hyper-racialized, then it's an odd day.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Because this is the US and if a topic isn't hyper-racialized, then it's an odd day.
    Unfortunately true, and this hyper-radicalization is also likely to leading to incorrect solution and missing actual problems as they don't fit neatly into the hyper-radicalized narrative.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The same company that removed swifty and fired a voiceactor because of allegations lol. Some karma right there.
    Yeah. At least Twitch had Swifty's back. His stream popped off after all of those allegations. He was like top 5 streamer for a couple months if I remember right.

  6. #466
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,852
    Where there is smoke there is usually a fire. I will still give them the benefit of doubt at the moment esp in light of their detesting evidence as distorted etc. Ofc the internet world would love to be the judge of yet another virtual court where the evul corp burns at the stake and though I hate blizzard as much as the next guy I will still not go into trying the case outside of a courtroom. Terrible allegations though...
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Where there is smoke there is usually a fire. I will still give them the benefit of doubt at the moment esp in light of their detesting evidence as distorted etc. Ofc the internet world would love to be the judge of yet another virtual court where the evul corp burns at the stake and though I hate blizzard as much as the next guy I will still not go into trying the case outside of a courtroom. Terrible allegations though...
    Ironic because blizzard fires Kael'thas VA before a trial and didnt reinstate him after the courts found him innocent

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Exactly, I don't understand this nicpicking by the state.

    Why are they specifically saying that the problem are "white men", and then names a perpetrator that isn't a "white man"? Why not just say that the problem is a toxic workplace with a frat-boy culture?

    Was it a similar failure to identify the real issue at Blizzard that caused the racism/sexism against Julian Murillo-Cuellar (Psychlolis)?
    You should look into that a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    You should look into that a little more.
    Do you have some point to make?

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Where there is smoke there is usually a fire. I will still give them the benefit of doubt at the moment esp in light of their detesting evidence as distorted etc. Ofc the internet world would love to be the judge of yet another virtual court where the evul corp burns at the stake and though I hate blizzard as much as the next guy I will still not go into trying the case outside of a courtroom. Terrible allegations though...
    I read their reply and statement to the accusations sounds like they are pretty much verifying a lot of the allegations. A great deal of that statement was " We know we were bad but we totes changed these last few years".

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Do you have some point to make?
    Yes, the one I made--you should really look into that more, but I am not super invested in whether you continue to make an ass of yourself claiming Iranian means "not white."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I also find the lawsuit a bit unclear, they complain about "white men" in leadership positions, while one of the named alleged offenders is Alex Afrasiabi (an Iranian-American).
    This is kind of stupid. The lawsuit isn't just about white men in leadership positions. That's the diversity portion. The other porition, about misconduct toward female employees, encompasses Alex Afrasiabi's behavior which is why they mentioned him.

    I mean, did you read the lawsuit, or are you just reading web articles? And honestly, if you did read the lawsuit, with all the shit in it, this is the (quite incorrect) nugget you decide to take from it?

  13. #473
    In nature, predators often camoflauge themselves to better ensnare prey.






  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I was originally replying to someone who was pointed at Afrasiabi's Iranian roots as some sort of excuse to the allegation of Blizzard having a white boy frat culture. The allegation stands as Afrasiabi is not an exception.
    I thought the accusation just said frat culture? Not **white** frat culture.

    Also the way you say "white boy". Are you a racist? Why make this about race in the first place?

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    In nature, predators often camoflauge themselves to better ensnare prey.





    Pretty much all I can think here. I thought their recent bullshit was just rainbow capitalism at work, but it was worse- they were trying to hide skeletons in their closet.

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    This is kind of stupid. The lawsuit isn't just about white men in leadership positions. That's the diversity portion. The other porition, about misconduct toward female employees, encompasses Alex Afrasiabi's behavior which is why they mentioned him.
    You are missing the point that they see a connection between the two.

    Women aren't in the very top position, are paid less in both in higher roles and in general, and there's a strong suggestion that this is connected to the misconduct against women, including retaliation when reporting (e.g., lower salary and lower chance of promotion).

    I mean, did you read the lawsuit, or are you just reading web articles?

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    You are missing the point that they see a connection between the two.
    Even if that was the case, which it isn't, but even if it was it still has nothing to do with your desperate desire to drag Alex Afrasiabi's race into this. Well, your desperate attempt to cling to the fact/idea that Alex Afrasiabi isn't a white man.

    I mean, it's like on page three of the lawsuit where they talk about retaliation for complaints about harassment and none of it involves 'lower chance of promotion' or 'lower salary.' It's also pay cuts, not lower salaries. Salaries are negotiated at the start of employment or point of promotion/raises. If your pay is reduced, its a cut.

    So yeah, you clearly didn't read it and you're trying to invent your own issues with it. You're one of those weirdos.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Will this be the day when the idiots who whine constantly about "woke shit" finally figure out that it's literally only about profits? That companies only care about selling a message of inclusivity and diversity because people want to buy it?

    No, probably not.

    They'll probably continue to think it's some grand Marxist conspiracy to...I don't know...indoctrinate the children into the evil belief that it's okay to be friends with people who are different to them. Or something.
    Or will this be the day when the idiots who buy into woke shit, realize they're being used for profits

    Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    All of the "woke shit" that companies are pushing these days is just marketing. They don't actually care about all of these silly causes.
    They really don't. It's ironic how Blizzard pushes it on it's players, changes their games to be "inclusive", fire/replace the voice actor of Kael'thas and yet at their core, they're exactly what they're criticizing others for.

    It's like when celebrities tell common folk to use less gas and go green, then fly on a private jet to an award show to pat themselves on the back. Maybe the woke folk will wake up to these companies using them.

  19. #479
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,987
    Debating someone's race or roots due to their complexion is far from appropriate and needs to cease now.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's ironic how Blizzard pushes it on it's players, changes their games to be "inclusive", fire/replace the voice actor of Kael'thas and yet at their core, they're exactly what they're criticizing others for.
    I must be out of the loop.

    What 'woke shit' did Blizzard push on their players?
    How did they change their games to be more inclusive?

    And no, replacing a voice actor involved in a controversy is not 'woke,' it's a good business decision to distance yourself from controversy, so let's not include that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •