Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    When y'all give a valid reason for alternative framing besides "it's still funny because I haven't outgrown a frat boy sense of humor", sure.
    Why should we? You haven't gone past "No, this is not funny." and "Yes it's sexist because the framework under which I operate tells me it is".

Once again, your passing of your subjective understanding of a situation as factual evidences my previous character description.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    work place harassment has nothing to do with designing characters models in a way your team finds attractive. lmfao again, thats just silly.
    It does when they think of women as objects.

lmfao i actually think that is a hilarious reply.
    You have some really low standards for humor. I envy you, I wish I could be that amused by dumb shit.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    where in that whole video did she or they mention behavior? it wasn't mentioned.

its insane to think any of that is an indicator that someone would harass another at work. totally insane. a developer does not need to get rid of what they think is attractive, its THEIR game, they are making it. you dont get to force an aesthetic on them.
    Having AN aesthetic is not the issue. THIS particular aesthetic (i.e. Afrasiabi and Brack's) is a problem and a good indicator of a toxic worldview.

Anyway, no: video game developers have a social responsibility in the same way any other artist does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It does when they think of women as objects.
    They can think of women as objects and still not harass them? Self-control exists? Why do i even have to explain basics to a stranger online?

Having AN aesthetic is not the issue. THIS particular aesthetic is a problem and a good indicator of a toxic worldview.

Anyway, no: video game developers have a social responsibility in the same way any other artist does.
    no, its not a problem nor is it toxic, you are flat wrong. your own sensibilities do not make something true.

also NO, you dont not have a social responsibility when designing a game to look a way. lmfao thats lunacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    They can think of women as objects and still not harass them?
    Citation needed.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They can think of women as objects and still not harass them? Self-control exists? Why do i even have to explain basics to a stranger online?
    What an amazing take.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, its not a problem nor is it toxic, you are flat wrong.
    That's nice dear, but I'm not the one being brought up on state charges for a toxic and sexist work environment after two years of investigation despite insisting there's no issue in having one of the most socially regressive IP's on the market.

That's nice dear, but I'm not the one being brought up on state charges for a toxic and sexist work environment after two years of investigation.
    and those state charges have nothing to do with game design/character aesthetics. lmfao so again, you are very, VERY, wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    and those state charges have nothing to do with game design/character aesthetics
    It does when those charges are levied at the same people (by name) telling us that women are only attractive when they look a certain way, bruh.

It does when those charges are levied at the same people (by name) telling us that women are only attractive when they look a certain way, bruh.
    nope, it still does not. that's just you correlating random things to suit your own agenda.

also in that clip, it should be noted, not 1 single person said anything similar to what you are pretending they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, it still does not. that's just you correlating random things to suit your own agenda.
    They're not random, dude. We're literally talking about video game developers and the products they create and market and the worldview that motivates both that and their actions.

Also - because the agenda of not having a video game industry packed to the rafters with bigots and sexual predators is such a bad thing? Right...

10+ Year Old Account
    people (by name) telling us that women are only attractive when they look a certain way, bruh.
    You can't control what other people find attractive neither it is anything of your business

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't control what other people find attractive
    No, but I can call them out for designing art for public consumption that promotes the notion that only their standards of attractiveness are acceptable.

Cut it out with the strawman.

They're not random, dude. We're literally talking about video game developers and the products they create and market and the worldview that motivates both that and their actions.

Also - because the agenda of not having a video game industry packed to the rafters with bigots and sexual predators is such a bad thing. Right.
    you can keep repeating the same nonsensical correlations you have been, but that doesn't make them sane or even remotely reasonable.

you can design only the skinniest, skimpy, skin showing female models in the world in a game and not harass your co workers. they have nothing in common.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can design only the skinniest, skimpy, skin showing female models in the world in a game and not harass your co workers. they have nothing in common.
    Aside from a culture that motivates both, which is what the problem is.

No, but I can call them out for designing art for public consumption that promotes the notion that only their standards of attractiveness are acceptable.

Cut it out with the strawman.
    thats just trying to force your own horrible opinion on others. nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from a culture that motivates both, which is what the problem is.
    there is no problem with wanting your game to have an aesthetic you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats just trying to force your own horrible opinion on others
    I'm not the one mocking people for wanting greater diversity of aesthetic options in their video games.

Just to be clear here, what you're arguing is

> More freedom of expression is forcing an opinion on someone, but
    > Forcing everyone to conform to a particular aesthetic ideal isn't forcing an opinion on someone

Totally not a contradiction at all.

I'm not the one mocking people for wanting greater diversity of aesthetic options in their video games.

Just to be clear here, what you're arguing is

> More freedom of expression is forcing an opinion on someone
    > Forcing everyone to conform to a particular aesthetic ideal isn't forcing an opinion.

Totally not a contradiction at all.
    your freedom of expression is trying to force someone to conform to aesthetics you want to see. your form of "more freedom of expression" is to try and literally take away theirs. lmfao you cant make this shit up, thats great lol