Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's not exactly a dead horse when the horse is very much alive and promoting a toxic environment at Activision-Blizzard, bruh.
    don't tell him about YouTube channels like the Quartering, might throw a wrench in that narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I see the gaters are still living rent free in your head
    Uhhh...

Did you just identify as one of the misogynistic bastards of the gamergate, there? Because it totally reads like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Uhhh...

Did you just identify as one of the misogynistic bastards of the gamergate, there? Because it totally reads like it.
    Nah, I just get amused that people are still hammering on about it 6 years later and won't let it die. Also cute of you to call women who supported it misogynists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I just get amused that people are still hammering on about it 6 years later and won't let it die.
    Because, again, it remains as much of a cancerous presence in the video game community now as it was 6 years ago.

We wish it would die, but as this latest incident demonstrates that isn't going to be done by just ignoring the problem. So grats on getting to feel smug about winning a fight that helped encourage a highly toxic and predatory environment at Blizzard, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Because, again, it remains as much of a cancerous presence in the video game community now as it was 6 years ago.

We wish it would die, but as this latest incident demonstrates that isn't going to be done by just ignoring the problem. So grats on getting to feel smug about winning a fight that helped encourage a highly toxic and predatory environment at Blizzard, I guess?
    and gave us an entire internet ecosystem of drunken dweebs screaming about "woke culture".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I just get amused that people are still hammering on about it 6 years later and won't let it die. Also cute of you to call women who supported it misogynists.
    It's still very much relevant. That's all there is to say. Just like we've had police beat the everliving shit out of black people, but I don't see you go around saying "blue lives matter supporters are living rent free in your head". Why choose to say that shit about this topic, in particular, if you are not one of those pricks that enabled/supported it yourself, is my question.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-07-25 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still very much relevant. That's all there is to say. Just like we've had police beat the everliving shit out of black people, but I don't see you go around saying "blue lives matter supporters are living rent free in your head". Why choose to say that shit about this topic, in particular, if you are not one of those pricks that enabled/supported it yourself, is my question.
    I mean, you are comparing a trend that is barely a year old and not out of the public lexicon over one that started back in 2014 and was finished by 2016, so that's a false equivalent. I say that line to literally everyone who brings it up, for what it's worth. And the only people who still bring it up are those who were against it. I can't say I've seen anyone who supported it bringing it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you are comparing a trend that is barely a year old and not out of the public lexicon over one that started back in 2014 and was finished by 2016
    Except it didn't finish by 2016, as this lawsuit clearly demonstrates.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s crazy people are out here admitting they never understood what Gamergate’s point was. Still out here using the same lines of defense that were bullshit 5+ years ago. If you don’t see the problems in the industry you aren’t paying attention.
    Nah, I believe they entirely understood what the point was.

Their pretending otherwise is a function of them not wanting to own up to the fact that people being held accountable for sexist behavior hits close to home. When Afrasiabi gets pulled up for harassing women, they remember all the times they harassed women too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s crazy people are out here admitting they never understood what Gamergate’s point was. Still out here using the same lines of defense that were bullshit 5+ years ago. If you don’t see the problems in the industry you aren’t paying attention.
    SO much this lol. Creeps gotta creep.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, BLM is a lot clearer than Gamergate every was. Gamergate was a hot fuckling mess on both sides, just a bunch of finger pointing and name calling and a war on twitter that achieved nothing but make people more angrier.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    shocking how this sort of behavior goes all the way to the top.
    not really. those with power over others sometimes abuse it; especially predators like this Afrasiabi fella seems to have been

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not really. those with power over others sometimes abuse it; especially predators like this Afrasiabi fella seems to have been
    Think he was being sarcastic.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you are comparing a trend that is barely a year old and not out of the public lexicon over one that started back in 2014 and was finished by 2016, so that's a false equivalent. I say that line to literally everyone who brings it up, for what it's worth. And the only people who still bring it up are those who were against it. I can't say I've seen anyone who supported it bringing it up.
    Do you really believe that the factors that caused Gamergate went away just because the controversy itself ended in 2016? Please tell me that you aren't that... naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Do you really believe that the factors that caused Gamergate went away just because the controversy itself ended in 2016? Please tell me that you aren't that... naive.
    I mean, have you looked at the absolute garbage tier quality of games reviews and news coming out of sites like Kotaku, Polygon and The Gamer over the last few years? Or how about all of these sites slandering and harassing people in the gaming industry and spreading lies about everyone from developers to voice actors in complete lock-step? Yet you think the gators were in the wrong? Look, I don't condone bullying and harassing anyone which I know a lot of them did, but god damn games journalism has some serious ethical issues right now and a crap ton of collusion that is so blatantly obvious to anyone with a pulse.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, so apologies mods for sidetracking the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, have you looked at the absolute garbage tier quality of games reviews and news coming out of sites like Kotaku, Polygon and The Gamer over the last few years? Or how about all of these sites slandering and harassing people in the gaming industry and spreading lies about everyone from developers to voice actors in complete lock-step? Yet you think the gators were in the wrong? Look, I don't condone bullying and harassing anyone which I know a lot of them did, but god damn games journalism has some serious ethical issues right now and a crap ton of collusion that is so blatantly obvious to anyone with a pulse.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, so apologies mods for sidetracking the conversation.
    Games journalism was always primarily marketing. It continues to primarily be marketing.

As for sites "slandering and harassing people in the gaming industry", i don't believe that even exists.

Gamergate was an excuse for misogynists to attack women and pat themselves on the back for doing so. It kicked off by trying to slutshame a female developer.

You can't seriously believe the Gamergaters were in the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo.... yeah, apparently work on World of Warcraft has ground to a halt as a result of the higher ups mismanaging this crisis.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Games journalism was always primarily marketing. It continues to primarily be marketing.

As for sites "slandering and harassing people in the gaming industry", i don't believe that even exists.

Gamergate was an excuse for misogynists to attack women and pat themselves on the back for doing so. It kicked off by trying to slutshame a female developer.

You can't seriously believe the Gamergaters were in the right.
    Are you saying it was impossible for people to be against the misogyny while also against people in press taking kickbacks for + reviews.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Are you saying it was impossible for people to be against the misogyny while also against people in press taking kickbacks for + reviews.
    I'm saying that nobody ever took media reviews for games seriously, because everyone knew they were bought-and-paid-for. Major magazines that never gave anything under a 7/10, and even that only for the worst of the worst.

There wasn't a reason to support that, but the backlash that sprang up had nothing to do with that status quo. It had to do with wanting to slutshame a particular female developer who was seen as too "woke" by a certain subset of people. So they made up a baseless claim that she'd slept with reviewers to get good reviews. Which she hadn't.

Gamergate was entirely focused on that, rather than the big magazines that were selling "reviews" that were basically paid-for marketing.

All I can say is that I am incredibly disappointed. Someone here said that his soul would die if Metzen was involved/knew too. I can only agree with that sentiment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.