Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
52
... LastLast
  1. #821
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I wonder if blizzcon will go back to being about games or if it will continue to have social issues rammed into it after this myself.
    Social issues like what? When did they not focus on games, outside of when they had nothing really to show like when they announced D:I? Which was a result of...having nothing else to show more than anything else.

  2. #822
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I wonder if blizzcon will go back to being about games or if it will continue to have social issues rammed into it after this myself.
    Fairly telling this is your first concern.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Social issues like what? When did they not focus on games, outside of when they had nothing really to show like when they announced D:I? Which was a result of...having nothing else to show more than anything else.
    "I don't want social issues in my video game which is literally about how racial animus leads to endless cycles of violence and fosters societies more receptive to authoritarianism."

    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Social issues like what? When did they not focus on games, outside of when they had nothing really to show like when they announced D:I? Which was a result of...having nothing else to show more than anything else.
    If you have to ask when did they do that besides when they did that... well it kind of answers your own question.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Fairly telling this is your first concern.



    "I don't want social issues in my video game which is literally about how racial animus leads to endless cycles of violence and fosters societies more receptive to authoritarianism."

    I loved gundam seed for its philosophical debate on genetic destiny versus personal ambition... the robots fighting kind of ruined it.

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    If you have to ask when did they do that besides when they did that... well it kind of answers your own question.
    What social issues did they even focus on? I'm genuinely not sure what the source of your complaint is outside of some diversity panels that went along with all the other game panels. Was it simply those panels existing at all?

  5. #825
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    L loved gundam seed for its philosophical debate on genetic destiny versus personal ambition... the robots fighting kind of ruined it.
    Not the point: the point is we know you don't have a problem with "social issues" being present in your games as long as it's the issues you find personally acceptable.

    "Women existing" seems to be a social issue according to the way you carry on.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Social issues like what? When did they not focus on games, outside of when they had nothing really to show like when they announced D:I? Which was a result of...having nothing else to show more than anything else.
    Apparently Tracer being gay and another Overwatch hero being Autistic is TOO WOKE TO HANDLE.

    It's super pathetic when you break down the issue and realize the existence of gay characters/female characters and a push for acceptance of it is enough for these people to feel like their way of life is being threatened enough to complain about it in a THREAD ABOUT WOMEN BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED AND POORLY TREATED BY THEIR EMPLOYER.

    I wonder if this 'anti-woke' culture is going to wake up one day and realize these were the exact same things people were saying when thy introduced the first interracial couple on a television show. That's the company these people are keeping. These are the same arguments those people made.

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What social issues did they even focus on? I'm genuinely not sure what the source of your complaint is outside of some diversity panels that went along with all the other game panels. Was it simply those panels existing at all?
    Main one that stood out was the voice actor interview and their weird attempts to address social issues. I recall it starting around gamergate.

    It's not massive but I've learned you have to overreact each and every time or it starts to become consumed by it.

  8. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post

    I loved gundam seed for its philosophical debate on genetic destiny versus personal ambition... the robots fighting kind of ruined it.
    Jesus Christ your take away was the eugenics? cringe bro.

  9. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not the point: the point is we know you don't have a problem with "social issues" being present in your games as long as it's the issues you find personally acceptable.

    "Women existing" seems to be a social issue according to the way you carry on.
    Do you find it weird to use " you just want to be catered to" as an argument?

    Has anyone told you no to that question by chance?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Jesus Christ your take away was the eugenics? cringe bro.
    That was the whole point of gundam seed...

  10. #830
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Main one that stood out was the voice actor interview and their weird attempts to address social issues. I recall it starting around gamergate.
    What about the voice actor interviews? Gamergate was depressingly a short-lived (and zombie-esque) thing that they addressed once when it was still going heavy and have ignored since.

    I mean, did those 5 minutes really stick out in your mind over the course of the multi-day event that much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It's not massive but I've learned you have to overreact each and every time or it starts to become consumed by it.
    I genuinely have no clue what you're saying here.

  11. #831
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Do you find it weird to use " you just want to be catered to" as an argument?
    Not particularly, when said catering involves perpetuating highly toxic worldviews.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    That was the whole point of gundam seed...
    that's not a positive.

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What about the voice actor interviews? Gamergate was depressingly a short-lived (and zombie-esque) thing that they addressed once when it was still going heavy and have ignored since.

    I mean, did those 5 minutes really stick out in your mind over the course of the multi-day event that much?



    I genuinely have no clue what you're saying here.
    It wasn't that much and rather then go into a debate about it I will yield the topic before it gets to off topic.

    I just have a very low tolerance for any of it with how shoe horned in it has become across all entertainment of late.

  14. #834
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It wasn't that much and rather then go into a debate about it I will yield the topic before it gets to off topic.

    I just have a very low tolerance for any of it with how shoe horned in it has become across all entertainment of late.
    That's nice, but we're not required to take your request for a safe space with any seriousness.

    Which is in fact what you're asking for. A safe space.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not particularly, when said catering involves perpetuating highly toxic worldviews.
    Those would be what world views exactly? That I prefer my fantasy game to focus on itself rather then be used for various unrelated issues?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that's not a positive.
    Have you actually watched gundam seed? The entire show is based around artificially grown humans fighting natural born ones.

  16. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post

    I just have a very low tolerance for any of it with how shoe horned in it has become across all entertainment of late.
    wow, now imagine how the women felt at blizzard having a culture of perpetual man children sexually harassing them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Have you actually watched gundam seed? The entire show is based around artificially grown humans fighting natural born ones.
    I have and the message I got was "eugenics bad."

  17. #837
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    55,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Those would be what world views exactly? That I prefer my fantasy game to focus on itself rather then be used for various unrelated issues?
    The worldview that those issues are unrelated when, fun fact, they're not.

    "It's just fantasy" is a Thermian Argument.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

  18. #838
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's nice, but we're not required to take your request for a safe space with any seriousness.

    Which is in fact what you're asking for. A safe space.
    Yes, I would like people to fuck off from my entertainment and go with their social issues somewhere else. That is correct again.

    I'm not really sure how to react to your posts to be honest you seem to think your prying on some hidden agenda when I'm rather upfront with my wants.

  19. #839
    https://uppercutcrit.com/activision-...e-of-the-same/

    "don't tell press only talk to HR" the HR that did nothing for like 15 years? sounds like they want to cover it up and hope it blows over.

    Classy as always actiblizzion.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  20. #840
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The worldview that those issues are unrelated when, fun fact, they're not.

    "It's just fantasy" is a Thermian Argument.
    Until I'm realistically planning to fight off orcs, dragons, and venture into the after life in real life to murder a god I'm gonna consider them fantasy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •