Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    It takes a special kind of asshole to drive a person to suicide, so I guess he didn't bring it on that business trip for himself.
    They were a couple... which the report conveniently left out.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I suspect that's a big part of why Blizzard has hemorrhaged older employees over the years. Either they were apart of the harassment, and got out to avoid allegations, or they were aware of the harassment, and got out before they had to answer uncomfortable questions about why they didn't intervene or say anything.
    I concur.

And now we are left wondering which of them is which of the above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    yeah, we all know women would NEVER lie about men in order to "cancel" them

never ever
    That is the sort of generalizing misogynistic comment that led to closing the other threads on this issue. This is a topic that deserves an open thread to discuss, but keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    They were a couple... which the report conveniently left out.
    No it doesn't (?) Page 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No it doesn't (?) Page 15.
    Ok. Well the internet should wisen up then, because that isn't mentioned anywhere in every snippet that gets posted.

Meanwhile we get to see comments such as: "A supervisor going in a business trip with an employee? Creepy..." or getting upset that the guy brought sex toys and condoms with him...

It paints a whole different picture when you know they were a couple... It is indication enough to me that the state agency is being scummy by even raising it as a point in their report. It is borderline a breach of privacy.
    Last edited by Rochana Violence; 2021-07-22 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think it's just bad apples in the workplace
    Yep, and as the saying goes “one bad apple spoils the bunch”.

it's awful that this has been going on for so long without any or with very little consequence. while it's possible some of the allegations are exaggerated or false, it's very unlikely that it's all false. hopefully those responsible will be fired and face legal consequences and the company will be more proactive in fighting these issues in future
    most likely though there'll be a few firings, a few apologies, a few payoffs and things will continue with little change. but we can hope

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That is the sort of generalizing misogynistic comment that led to closing the other threads on this issue. This is a topic that deserves an open thread to discuss, but keep it clean.
    So if I don't instantly fully-believe every single allegation a woman makes, I'm "misogynistic" ?

fucking lmao

Excuse me for believing that people are innocent until proven guilty.

When a bunch of us here on mmo-c noticed that Afrasiabi left silently we were already suspecting something like this. Disgraceful and expected.

So if I don't instantly fully-believe every single allegation a woman makes, I'm "misogynistic" ?

fucking lmao

Excuse me for believing that people are innocent until proven guilty.
    this isn't a case about who is innocent or not it's about a company refusing to create a safe work environment for it's employees. sit the fuck down.

It paints a whole different picture when you know they were a couple... It is indication enough to me that the state agency is being scummy by even raising it as a point in their report. It is borderline a breach of privacy.
    Yeah, it paints an even WORSE picture of the company if their HR department dropped the ball on what was obviously not a healthy relationship between an employee and one of their supervisors.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, it paints an even WORSE picture of the company if their HR department dropped the ball on what was obviously not a healthy relationship between an employee and one of their supervisors.
    We don't know if it was a healthy relationship or not. Sadly even people in great relationships and with wonderful lives also commit suicide...

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this isn't a case about who is innocent or not it's about a company refusing to create a safe work environment for it's employees.
    And where is the evidence? I just see a bunch of allegations and people immediately taking sides and jumping to conclusions based on allegations.

I wish we would stop with this whole "court of twitter" crap where allegations arise and people immediately bust out the torches and pitchforks and assume that every single allegation is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    the reason your comment is misogynistic is because you went with women as a plurality, essentially laying blame on the entire sex.
    "you said thing? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE GENERALIZING AND CLAIMING THAT LITERALLY EVERY WOMAN DOES THIS"

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Their PR response is basically the alt right playbook 101. "We didn't do it, there's faceless bureaucrats conspiring against us!"
    That's not what I got from their response.

I got: we don't like the way the accusations are described - although we might have done some of that in the past, but we've changed our way.
    Honest, cross our hearts.
    https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...ay-1235025376/

We don't know if it was a healthy relationship or not
    Aside from all the testimony indicating a highly toxic work environment which gives credence to the charge it was not, in fact, a healthy relationship.

Stop victim blaming.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

Ok. Well the internet should wisen up then, because that isn't mentioned anywhere in every snippet that gets posted.

Meanwhile we get to see comments such as: "A supervisor going in a business trip with an employee? Creepy..." or getting upset that the guy brought sex toys and condoms with him...

Yes, this is what I was feeling. The mention of sex toys in the report feels like it was written by some oldschool bigoted cop stuck in the 1950s. Seems more like an attempt to shame someone than include pertinent information. Of course the boyfriend could be a sociopathic asshole for all I know, but that doesn't seem relevant to this particular detail.

And where is the evidence? I just see a bunch of allegations and people immediately taking sides and jumping to conclusions based on allegations.

YOU sit the fuck down.
    it's the state of CA investigating it! for two years! these aren't some spurious allegations shat onto social media. are you hoping daddy Blizzard sees you defending them? like seriously what the fuck are you hoping to accomplish here by making sweeping statements that women just make shit up to make faceless corporations look bad? grow the fuck up.

I wish we would stop with this whole "court of twitter" crap where allegations arise
    Except this isn't a "court of twitter".

This is a serious legal challenge by the State of California coming after as it does years of stories from current and former employees of how toxic and hateful Blizzard's work culture is despite the claims they were working on it, as well as two years of investigation by the state into verifying complaints.

It certainly explains both Blizzard's shitty attitude in its IPs as well as the culture it cultivates among fans of its products. Hence why this thread is full of victim blamers that are more concerned their favorite video game might go away rather than come to terms with the fact they're effectively paying people to spend their free time harassing women.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-07-22 at 02:51 PM.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

After this company bent the knee to China and now this I hope California eviscerates this company. I have a bad feeling that the higher ups will somehow squirm their way out of any type of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    After this company bent the knee to China and now this I hope California eviscerates this company. I have a bad feeling that the higher ups will somehow squirm their way out of any type of punishment.
    Which is why it's hilarious watching the armchair lawyers trying to blame sexual harassment on its victims when Blizzard has an entire HR department and legal team that is paid good money to do that instead.

Apparently the report left out that she also was in a relationship with her supervisor. Personally I don't trust state agencies to be honest about anything. The USA is particularly obsessed with hunting down social witches right now.
    The report has it in there just fine. Read it before you go making claims about its authenticity maybe.