Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So lazy, since you are literally using a tool that could have double checked before you wrote anything.

Not a better pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    At least you can admit it, not many here will ever admit they are wrong.
    LOL. Can you imagine?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Never said it was.

That is not remotely what is being said at all.

That is how you, personally, are misinterpreting things.

Talking about a toxic ideal of masculinity is not the same thing as saying toxicity is gendered, dude. This is insane levels of reaching.

Wow, it's almost as if there are toxic ideals of behavior for any given group. Doesn't make toxic masculinity not a thing, and again if your complaint is that people aren't talking about toxic ideals for other groups it's because other groups do not occupy the same level of social primacy and privilege.
    Reaching? Hardly.

I started out with the premise that when toxic behavior is debated at large it tends to be with one group in mind, making it gendered. I suggested that it's instrumentalized to engage in an exercise of collective guilt, like it was on that thread on the US forums that I posted and you ignored. The implications being that men as a whole need reminders not to be bad boys or despicable human beings, because apparently we're constantly on the verge of committing an atrocity. And particularly tasty for myself, the implication that criticism and defensiveness regarding such collectivizing is evidence of toxicity itself.

I mean, what's so hard about this? A corporation has been targeted for discriminatory and predatory behavior. Go to court, work it out. Penalize those that are found guilty, and rehire people that aren't scumbags.

You wanna be selective about your interpretation of scholarly work to forward some argument about how other people are complicit in a wider culture of oppression? Well, take it to your own social media bubble.

Also, I'm glad we have something in common, in our misrepresentation.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    LOL. Can you imagine?
    Yes I can. Just wondering. What was that abuse you found on page 1004 Care to link it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty laughable take from people heavily invested in ignoring evidence.
    Ignoring or manipulating?

To be clear, my jab was at the wider issue, not GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I started out with the premise that when toxic behavior is debated at large it tends to be with one group in mind, making it gendered.
    Which is a factually incorrect premise, as I've repeatedly pointed out to you.

This is literally just you getting defensive that you feel you're being lumped in with shitty people and trying to spin it into a legitimate intellectual position, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Ignoring or manipulating?

To be clear, my jab was at the wider issue, not GG.
    Yes, I took it to be snarking about social justice issues in general, and I think people arguing from your point of view ignore evidence of things like systemic racism and sexism. As an example of the ignoring I referenced, consider that Elegiac has explained numerous times now to you that toxic masculinity does not mean masculinity is toxic.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, what's so hard about this? A corporation has been targeted for discriminatory and predatory behavior. Go to court, work it out. Penalize those that are found guilty, and rehire people that aren't scumbags.
    So, yes: the Crash/Pocahontas Theory of Social Injustice where everything is the result of a few bad actors.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

This is literally just you getting defensive that you feel you're being lumped in with shitty people and trying to spin it into a legitimate intellectual position, lol.
    Says I'm factually correct.

Ignores evidence provided.

My man, you've been accusing people of being complicit in this toxicity because they don't agree with your point of female depictions in media, while patronizing dismissing their views.

Yes I can. Just wondering. What was that abuse you found on page 1004 Care to link it?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post30817210

10+ Year Old Account
    As an example of the ignoring I referenced, consider that Elegiac has explained numerous times now to you that toxic masculinity does not mean masculinity is toxic.
    You wanna exchange jabs on ignoring and manipulation, and you quote Elegiac....? Who intentionally employs misinterpretations and fallacies as some sort of ad hominem, while going "Ya'll just wrong, lol"

Also, the argument wasn't that masculinity is toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says I'm factually correct.

Ignores evidence provided.
    I wasn't aware one forum thread was representative of the entirety of western media like you seem to be claiming.

My man, you've been accusing people of being complicit in this toxicity because they don't agree with your point of female depictions in media, while patronizing dismissing their views.
    Maybe because they invariably end up outing themselves for holding highly reactionary social views? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    We must have a different definition of abuse.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yes: the Crash/Pocahontas Theory of Social Injustice where everything is the result of a few bad actors.
    Seeing as I'm not familiar with that particular theory, I can't say.

But seeing as you tone yet again implies the idea that others are complicit and play a part too, regardless of how minor, then I'm guessing it's collective guilt again...?

You wanna exchange jabs on ignoring and manipulation, and you quote Elegiac....? Who intentionally employs misinterpretations and fallacies as some sort of ad hominem, while going "Ya'll just wrong, lol"

Also, the argument wasn't that masculinity is toxic.
    You seem hellbent on taking it as an attack against men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I'm not familiar with that particular theory, I can't say.
    It is the idea that any given injustice in society is not in fact the result of a complex series of primarily social factors but rather the prerogative of a few bad people, and that once the bad people are gotten rid of then everything will resolve itself.

That isn't how reality operates or has ever operated, because if it did then the bad people would not be able to achieve positions of authority where they can exercise their wickedness. They are simply the visible pox for the underlying disease.

But seeing as you tone yet again implies the idea that others are complicit and play a part too, regardless of how minor, then I'm guessing it's collective guilt again...?
    Acknowledging that prejudice, bigotry, and abuse can be systemic is not "collective guilt".
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-07-27 at 12:08 AM.

We must have a different definition of abuse.
    Now you're just moving goalposts because you can't admit you were wrong. Knock yourself out.

You mean like when you said that "I'm part of the problem" because I said I found rape jokes funny? That's basically saying if you laugh at something, it means you agree with it. It's not going to take much from that position to get to "only rapists would find rape jokes funny".

The reason people have a problem with you lumping everything down to cultural issues, is because it makes innocent individuals guilty merely by living in society. You guilty merely for being a man, or not a Communist, or by making a joke in the workplace that some woman doesn't like.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-07-27 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware one forum thread was representative of the entirety of western media like you seem to be claiming.
    Speaking of intentional dishonest misrepresentations...

Also, thank you for asserting that 1 instance, 1 person, 1 opinion isn't representative of the whole. That crypto being anti-Semitic charge doesn't work very well now, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

You seem hellbent on taking it as an attack against men.
    My fellow poster, we have a small exchange about misrepresentations, and what do you decide to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're just moving goalposts because you can't admit you were wrong. Knock yourself out.
    What goal post do you think i moved? Did I say she didn't get any abuse or was never mentioned?

You found 1 post in how many pages and I'm wrong... lmfao ok bud.