Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ...
5
45
53
54
55
56
57
65
... LastLast
  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Free Speech is utterly and entirely inviolable. Unless you are a Leftist that wants to create dictatorship, then it has to go. "Hate speech" also doesn't exist, because it is entirely subjective what constitutes "hate" or not, therefore the only logical way of banning "hate speech" is to ban "speech" period. Logic is your friend, use it.



    Much better than being an authoritarian, I assure you.
    Man, too bad free speech doesn't apply to private companies which is where all the consequences for your 'jokes' are going to come from.

  2. #1082
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    While I appreciate the help, I already pointed out you didn't understand these concepts. No need to go further.

    Good point to end my piling onto this derail.
    I understand it perfectly. You, on the other hand, could brush up on some Individualism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Man, too bad free speech doesn't apply to private companies which is where all the consequences for your 'jokes' are going to come from.
    That depends on the company, and who I'm telling the joke to. If I'm on a largely blue collar workforce, and I make a raunchy joke, I'll get some laughs. If I make the same joke at board meeting, I'll likely get a stern talking to by my boss, if not fired.

  3. #1083
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    I That depends on the company, and who I'm telling the joke to.
    No it doesn't.

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Yeah, it really does. It's based on your opinion, so there is no objective standard to apply. If I'm a comedian, it's my job. If I'm surrounded by bookish nerds, it might be inappropriate. If I'm surrounded by powerhungry feminists, I'll get reported to my boss.

  5. #1085
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Yeah, it really does. It's based on your opinion, so there is no objective standard to apply. If I'm a comedian, it's my job. If I'm surrounded by bookish nerds, it might be inappropriate. If I'm surrounded by powerhungry feminists, I'll get reported to my boss.
    Name the business that doesn't give a shit about public opinion.
    We all know you can't.

  6. #1086
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Name the business that doesn't give a shit about public opinion.
    We all know you can't.
    pillow guy :P Sorry had to lol
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  7. #1087
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    pillow guy :P Sorry had to lol
    Could have also said Activision-Blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    I understand it perfectly. You, on the other hand, could brush up on some Individualism.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That depends on the company, and who I'm telling the joke to. If I'm on a largely blue collar workforce, and I make a raunchy joke, I'll get some laughs. If I make the same joke at board meeting, I'll likely get a stern talking to by my boss, if not fired.
    It doesn't apply to the company. Sure, codes of conduct relating to speech may be enforced on an individual basis, but you have no free speech. If you break a rule, you can't go 'but mah free speech' and expect to get out of trouble.

  8. #1088
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Free Speech is utterly and entirely inviolable. Unless you are a Leftist that wants to create dictatorship, then it has to go.
    Connecting "Leftism" to dictatorships, when the majority have been pretty objectively right-wing in nature, is a ridiculous statement. There is absolutely nothing about left-wing views which in any way lead towards dictatorship.

    Worse, the very concept of individual human rights is itself a left-wing concept, originating in socialist theory.

    "Hate speech" also doesn't exist, because it is entirely subjective what constitutes "hate" or not, therefore the only logical way of banning "hate speech" is to ban "speech" period.
    This is trivially disproven by the many nations with objective definitions of "hate speech" under their laws.

    "Hate speech" is as "subjective" a term as "murder" or "rape".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    It doesn't apply to the company. Sure, codes of conduct relating to speech may be enforced on an individual basis, but you have no free speech. If you break a rule, you can't go 'but mah free speech' and expect to get out of trouble.
    More specifically, free speech as a right only covers the government censoring you.

    Your employer can fire you for your speech.
    Any organization you're a member of can ban you for your speech.
    People you know can disavow and shun you for your speech.
    And so on.

    Freedom of speech provides absolutely zero immunity to social consequences. Because everyone else has freedoms, too.

    Plus, it's a little off-topic, since nothing about what happened at Blizzard is in any way protected under freedom of speech.


  9. #1089
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Hate speech" is as "subjective" a term as "murder" or "rape".
    You do remember that Republicans are the party of "Is it really murder if they annoyed you by protesting near you and you decided to run them over with your truck?" and "Is it really rape if you find them unconscious and decide to have 'twenty minutes of action' with them?", right?

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  10. #1090
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16,907
    Its an odd tactic to declare that there are no legal consequences for this kind of behavior in a thread about the very real legal consequences of said behavior.
    /s

  11. #1091
    Pandaren Monk Tabrotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Where my books are
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Connecting "Leftism" to dictatorships, when the majority have been pretty objectively right-wing in nature, is a ridiculous statement. There is absolutely nothing about left-wing views which in any way lead towards dictatorship.

    Worse, the very concept of individual human rights is itself a left-wing concept, originating in socialist theory.



    This is trivially disproven by the many nations with objective definitions of "hate speech" under their laws.

    "Hate speech" is as "subjective" a term as "murder" or "rape".

    - - - Updated - - -



    More specifically, free speech as a right only covers the government censoring you.

    Your employer can fire you for your speech.
    Any organization you're a member of can ban you for your speech.
    People you know can disavow and shun you for your speech.
    And so on.

    Freedom of speech provides absolutely zero immunity to social consequences. Because everyone else has freedoms, too.

    Plus, it's a little off-topic, since nothing about what happened at Blizzard is in any way protected under freedom of speech.
    Ah right, so that´s why the people in the GDR/DDR weren´t able to say what they wanted bcs of the fear what would happen, same as in all the other ostblock countrys. And the "concept of individuality is a leftist concept" argument don´t fly when said countrys tried their best to make all their citizens nonthinking "members of the whole good collective.

    But you do you Endus, never change and and hold up your leftist membership card, maybe when the next times comes when they will have the power to do something like this again they will spare you...

  12. #1092
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Ah right, so that´s why the people in the GDR/DDR weren´t able to say what they wanted bcs of the fear what would happen, same as in all the other ostblock countrys. And the "concept of individuality is a leftist concept" argument don´t fly when said countrys tried their best to make all their citizens nonthinking "members of the whole good collective.

    But you do you Endus, never change and and hold up your leftist membership card, maybe when the next times comes when they will have the power to do something like this again they will spare you...
    These talking points were obvious stupid propaganda points when McCarthy first crafted them waaaaay back in the '50s.

    When they were nearly immediately debunked as garbage.

    You don't even understand what left-wing and right-wing even mean. Left-wing views, fundamentally, are about the reduction of hierarchical systems in society; the elimination or reduction of caste systems, aristocracies, class divides, etc. Right-wing positions are about the establishment or protection of such hierarchical systems. That's what the terms mean. This is why fascism, for instance, is definitively right-wing in nature.

    Brings us back to the well-tread maxim; ask a socialist what issues they have with capitalism, and they'll give you a detailed list. As a capitalist what issues they have with socialism, and they'll describe capitalism to you.


  13. #1093
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Name the business that doesn't give a shit about public opinion.
    We all know you can't.
    *cough* Activision/Blizzard *couch*

    Sorry, I've got a cold.

  14. #1094
    Stood in the Fire BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    You didn't pay them to make a game better. You paid for access to a game. Said access does not give you the right to decide that pushing out patch 9.X is more important than Blizzard addressing its internal issues and treatment of it's female employees.

    You aren't entitled to shit.

    If you want to unsubscribe, go right ahead.
    Ignorance is not a bliss. People like you is the reason why game industry has turned into such a shit show. Game companies and developers have no accountability, no sense of responsibility, so they rape, plunder and move on. Congratualtions on enabling a disgusting culture.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

  15. #1095
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16,907
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    *cough* Activision/Blizzard *couch*

    Sorry, I've got a cold.
    You may want to see a doctor about that couch.
    /s

  16. #1096
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You may want to see a doctor about that couch.
    Rick James is fucking it from the afterlife as we speak. I think it's good now.

  17. #1097
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    23,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Seeing as Socialism, by definition, is totalitarianism, and thus makes all Socialists by definition the same as Nazis, it doesn't really matter.
    Oh boy, I do want to read those definitions because by definition you are wrong as fuck.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Ignorance is not a bliss. People like you is the reason why game industry has turned into such a shit show. Game companies and developers have no accountability, no sense of responsibility, so they rape, plunder and move on. Congratualtions on enabling a disgusting culture.
    I don't quite understand why you think this is just a game companies issue and this disgusting culture was enabled back in the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  18. #1098
    These disgusting freaks at Blizzard are something else I swear....

    Your ENTIRE company culture is being investigated.

    1. DO NOT EVVVEEEERRR make a post saying you didn't know nuttin. I'm looking at you METZEN. Don't you ever tell me you didn't know what was going on. Don't you type that. You sound like you are making excuses. You are a MORON for saying that. Shut UP!

    2. Do NOT go on the counterattack and admonish players for complaining about lack of content during this period. I'm looking at you Alex Klontzas. Shut the HELLLLLL up. You sound like Spiderman when he corrects Tony Stark and says he is 15 not 14. STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT. THIS IS WHERE YOU ZIP IT.

    Klontzas should be outright fired IMMEDIATELY for that toxic post. Metzen, never let him in the building again.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  19. #1099
    Fuck 'em I say, I've seen enough twitter recaps of the devs going on bat-shit crazy "evil white people" rants on twitter, they get what they deserve

  20. #1100
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Berenstein Timeline
    Posts
    54,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Do NOT go on the counterattack and admonish players for complaining about lack of content during this period.
    Except players complaining about the lack of content should be admonished for having shitty priorities.

    If, during a strike, your chief concern is how you'll be impacted rather than the conditions motivating the work stoppage you are broadcasting you are more concerned with your convenience rather than the wellbeing of the people who furnish said convenience.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •