Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ...
13
53
61
62
63
64
65
73
... LastLast
  1. #1241
    This whole lawsuit and drama… I don’t get it.

    You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.

    And now I see the SJWs stepping in promoting the diverse card and the feminist agenda.
    Well blizzard I hope you can resist it and keep them out. Because go woke you go broke.

  2. #1242
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The only people that matter here are Blizzard management. Some of their associates say this was exactly what the Cosby Suite was about. I think we can stop this now since I don't respond well to goalpost moving. I'm sure we'll find out more in the coming days.
    and some of their associates say the cosby suite had nothing to do with that. The fact is, the cosby suite was a hotel room with a giant picture of bill cosby in it. So i guess the hotel was in on it too. The cosby situation did not blow up into the mainstream circus until 2014 well after this. And if you think people are posting on twitter with a picture of cosby because they knew he was a rapist and idolized it back in 2013, id bet you are very delusional about a lot of things.

  3. #1243
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    This whole lawsuit and drama… I don’t get it.

    You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.
    Come on, man. You know it's not always as simple as that.

  4. #1244
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    This whole lawsuit and drama… I don’t get it.

    You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.

    And now I see the SJWs stepping in promoting the diverse card and the feminist agenda.
    Well blizzard I hope you can resist it and keep them out. Because go woke you go broke.
    I hope the dopamine rush to your head after posting that was worth it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  5. #1245
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    id hope so. again i never said doing anything illegal is okay, harassing/sexual assault is not okay. getting fucked up with co workers after work? that IS okay.
    You're missing the point, it doesn't have to be illegal for HR to nail your balls to the chair if you do something dumb while 'getting fucked up with co workers after work' at a work event just against policy.

    Like for example picking something at random, like pissing in the potplants and vases at the NSW law society ball or two female SAs having a bare-knuckle brawl in the foyer

    Well unless you work for blizzard, then evidently its ok if you're far enough up the chain.

    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    This whole lawsuit and drama… I don’t get it.

    You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.

    And now I see the SJWs stepping in promoting the diverse card and the feminist agenda.
    Well blizzard I hope you can resist it and keep them out. Because go woke you go broke.
    Dude, you're three days late for the 'huh? *vaguely right-wing ramble about applying personal responses to systematic issues*' argument. We're being presented with direct material evidence of wrongdoing now.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  6. #1246
    Ghostcrawler has responded to the Evidence that he was part of.



    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...420736/photo/1

    - - - Updated - - -

    Group Chat Respond.

    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11905886531585

    ''Re: the group chat. Dave was talking about his own wife and a friend. It was a joke, not intended for a broad audience. But the chat is gross and I completely understand how it looks. I should have said something.''

  7. #1247
    'I should have said-'

    Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    'I should have said-'

    Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
    My thoughts exactly too. Absolutely shameful he didn't act in the end!

  9. #1249
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Mate, I'm a lawyer, I've worked in corporate law. We invented partying after work (and massively problematic levels of drinking during work).

    I don't care how much coke and champagne the SAs throw around as a 'gift' from the partners on friday, you do stupid shit like get hansy with the legal secretary your ass is in the hotseat with hr on Monday.
    Sadly not all private firms are like this.
    I've known your exact example to happen at mine at our xmas party. Coke included. And nada. Depends who owns the firm I guess. And how small I guess, ours was like 12 strong.
    I will give it to you guys tho and your ability to drink lol.

    Our one lawyer friend would stay over sometimes and I kid you not, next morning he'd be drinking beers working on his caseload for the next day on our couch, having never slept from the night before. His clients never knew that morning at court what he'd been up to the night before. Coke included. I should add he was a partner but still lol. They were all fucked like him at mine. There is a "drive" they have on another level lol.

  10. #1250
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    and some of their associates say the cosby suite had nothing to do with that. The fact is, the cosby suite was a hotel room with a giant picture of bill cosby in it. So i guess the hotel was in on it too. The cosby situation did not blow up into the mainstream circus until 2014 well after this. And if you think people are posting on twitter with a picture of cosby because they knew he was a rapist and idolized it back in 2013, id bet you are very delusional about a lot of things.
    If Cosby was a known problem as early as 2005, there were probably industry insiders aware of the problems before that. Why was the portrait in the hotel? Did Cosby rape someone there and employees thought it was a funny joke? See, I can speculate, too. Doesn't make either of us right or any less delusional.

  11. #1251
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Maybe they don't want to pay union dues. You can even claim union dues are against your religion and there is a federal law that allows you to do so.
    omg there are so many comments and jokes I want to make about the existence of that law, but instead I'll just laugh.

  12. #1252
    I didn't know anything
    I never saw anything
    I would have stopped it if I did
    How directly do these guys need to be tied to the garbage fire before they learn to (or PR tells them too) shut up?

    Greg already made a 'we have to be better response' that now makes him out to be a complete tool in the light of these pictures, if anything else comes out after he's made this second response he's going to have shot himself in the foot.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  13. #1253
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    How directly do these guys need to be tied to the garbage fire before they learn to (or PR tells them too) shut up?
    Seriously. Greg needs to treat this like it's a legal matter and "shut the fuck up" like Ion has done so far. There's no digging out of this, and even if there's in-joke context that makes the leaked chat less bad (I can believe there's context we don't get as outsiders to a point), just shut the fuck up because folks aren't gonna believe you and will believe what they want.

  14. #1254
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Sadly not all private firms are like this.
    I've known your exact example to happen at mine at our xmas party. Coke included. And nada. Depends who owns the firm I guess. And how small I guess, ours was like 12 strong.
    I will give it to you guys tho and your ability to drink lol.

    Our one lawyer friend would stay over sometimes and I kid you not, next morning he'd be drinking beers working on his caseload for the next day on our couch, having never slept from the night before. His clients never knew that morning at court what he'd been up to the night before. Coke included. I should add he was a partner but still lol. They were all fucked like him at mine. There is a "drive" they have on another level lol.
    I've probably been lucky to an extent although given women have been the majority of legal graduates for decades frat boy culture is increasingly untenable when most new hires are women. That said law was and largely still can be a 'boys' club although it's probably more correct to call it a type-A personality club. Anyone willing to kill themselves to push billables and suck up to the partners is seen to be 'man enough' for the job (regardless of gender). 'Pussies' who don't want to sleep at their desk or work from 9-2 for two weeks straight get run out really quickly.

    As for the drinking thing, it's a problem that needs to actually be addressed beyond lip service to work-life balance. Second-hand trauma is a real thing and generally speaking lawyers mostly deal with people at their worst (one way or another).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  15. #1255
    I am Murloc! Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    5,198
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Blizzard is alt right lol? I thought they've always pushed their woke leftist agenda on us
    They were NEVER "Leftist" when we saw all the "White power" crap in WoW.

    Worse THIS occurred in their offices showing brainwashing was happening there -- and possibly what that woman dev experienced too before committing suicide...

    I don't care what politics you believe in, but in the end abuse THIS ugly it doesn't matter what "brand" it is, it simply needs to go.

    Gamergate and their minions never left gaming and we're seeing the pockets where they still exist and rear their ugly heads. They are NOT about "good gaming" if THAT is their CULTure anyway.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-29 at 01:10 AM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."


  16. #1256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    They were NEVER "Leftist" when we saw all the "White power" crap in WoW.
    What white power crap?

  17. #1257
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously. Greg needs to treat this like it's a legal matter and "shut the fuck up" like Ion has done so far. There's no digging out of this, and even if there's in-joke context that makes the leaked chat less bad (I can believe there's context we don't get as outsiders to a point), just shut the fuck up because folks aren't gonna believe you and will believe what they want.
    Based on the text exchange and photo of him in the hotel (“Cosby”) room, I don’t believe a damn thing he says. To me, he’s just trying to save his own ass and his boys.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  18. #1258
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,640
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wasn't saying it's ok. I was just stating a fact. It happens, whether we like it or not.
    So fuck it just ignore it? I'm not getting your point?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  19. #1259
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Based on the text exchange and photo in the hotel (“Cosby”) room, I don’t believe a damn thing he says. To me, he’s just trying to save his own ass and his boys.

    He was in that picture…
    I know, I'm not defending him wholesale. I buy that there may be some elements of in-jokes in that context-less chat, but it's still a shitty/bad text log either way.

  20. #1260
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    This whole lawsuit and drama… I don’t get it.

    You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.

    And now I see the SJWs stepping in promoting the diverse card and the feminist agenda.
    Well blizzard I hope you can resist it and keep them out. Because go woke you go broke.
    Passing off your own limitations and capacity to understand as a negative attribute of the topic in question is just asinine at best

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •