Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am so glad I don't play Blizzard/Activision games anymore, I truly hope they either crash and burn, or self implode and those responsible get their punishments in due time.
    Fuck this company
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    They were the wokest of the woke companies. The only thing that could've made them even more woke and LGBTQ friendly would've been if Metzen had flashed his cock at little kids at a pride parade.
    "Ethics in gaming journalism" at its finest.

To be clear: I blame Blizzard for permitting and actively promoting this sort of behavior among consumers of its products. This is why a lot of the shit their streamers pull on WoW don't tend to fly on other games (i.e. FFXIV).
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    so ? Teacher is about teaching, not education.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This is why a lot of the shit their streamers pull on WoW don't tend to fly on other games (i.e. FFXIV).
    Curious, most curious.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I wish we would stop with this whole "court of twitter" crap where allegations arise and people immediately bust out the torches and pitchforks and assume that every single allegation is 100% true.
    You do realize this is an actual lawsuit with a lengthy investigation behind it, right? This isn't "a bunch of women group up and try to cancel Blizzard on Twitter".

Jesus Christ, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Hello ideologue. Ban me, bitch. You will lose. We're going to destroy everything you hold dear and make you watch the entire time.
    Wow you really are a sore loser aren't you...cry more.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So what exactly is happening in the law suit against Blizzard since you seem to be in the know. Does it also mention Afrasiabi by name?
    it does, in fact he's the only one named directly, you'd know if again, any of you people took some time to read the suite.

They will 100% settle out of court and some people will be "let go".

Calling it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Only a legal judge can decide if blizzard is guilty. That said I hope that every victims get justice.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    saying hello at the start of the game on voice resulted in this...

just speaking on voice...

2 people in the same game screaming on voice chat about how i should suck their dick and telling me to go mercy and then i leave voice because of it... and then they type in the chat after that...

these are just a few pictures of everything that's been said... then there's more on voice chat too...

then in wow there's the m+ groups i've tried to play with where i get harassed, people hitting on me constantly on discord even though being told i'm not interested... even sending dick pics to me...
    Pretty much every woman I know who plays online games has experienced this to some extent. Back when I used to play WoW, our raid leader was a woman, and sometimes people would make the kitchen jokes, but it was really only done by a few people who were IRL friends so it was an in-joke. They aren't funny without good context and in situations where people know one another well, and that's what irks me most about online games now is all these dumb edgelords think it's funny when it isn't when you say it to someone you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    They will 100% settle out of court and some people will be "let go".

Calling it.
    Uh...no.

The title of the article is misleading; this is not a civil suit being brought by employees against the company, this is the State of California attempting to issue an injunction against ActiBlizzion for failing to comply with state labor laws. A cash settlement won't avoid the need for compliance.
    Every heartwarming human interest story in America is like "he raised $20,000 to keep 200 orphans from being crushed in the orphan-crushing machine" and then never asks why an orphan-crushing machine exists or why you'd need to pay to prevent it from being used.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And where is the evidence? I just see a bunch of allegations and people immediately taking sides and jumping to conclusions based on allegations.

I wish we would stop with this whole "court of twitter" crap where allegations arise and people immediately bust out the torches and pitchforks and assume that every single allegation is 100% true.

"you said thing? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE GENERALIZING AND CLAIMING THAT LITERALLY EVERY WOMAN DOES THIS"

No.
    Except that this situation IS being taken to a court over. In literally every other scenario, I'd agree with you, but this ain't it.

Boy, Acti-Blizz sure is giving Ubisoft a run for its money in terms of sexual harassment.

Uh...no.

The title of the article is misleading; this is not a civil suit being brought by employees against the company, this is the State of California attempting to issue an injunction against ActiBlizzion for failing to comply with state labor laws. A cash settlement won't avoid the need for compliance.
    I don't think that will stop Blizzard from attempting to arbitrate with the mistreated employees/former employees, but do you know if such arbitration would eliminate CA's ability to pursue the case?

I'm not familiar enough with the laws regarding this case to make any sort of estimation. I'm just thinking back to incidents of corporate malfeasance in which a company denies wrongdoing while paying a fine, and whether or not this could play out similarly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't think that will stop Blizzard from attempting to arbitrate with the mistreated employees/former employees, but do you know if such arbitration would eliminate CA's ability to pursue the case?
    No; again, it's literally a function of failure to comply with regulations. They either are or they aren't, even if they settle cases with employees.

I'm not familiar enough with the laws regarding this case to make any sort of estimation. I'm just thinking back to incidents of corporate malfeasance in which the company denies wrongdoing while paying a fine, and whether or not this could play out similarly.
    They'll deny wrongdoing even if they pay the fine, lol. It's just PR.

I have never seen a statement, that is so poorly worded and unconvincing than that of Blizzard...
    They just rant how they are treated unfairly, and to make it even "worse"... they do not even deny the allegations. They dodge them.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post

I'm not familiar enough with the laws regarding this case to make any sort of estimation. I'm just thinking back to incidents of corporate malfeasance in which a company denies wrongdoing while paying a fine, and whether or not this could play out similarly.
    State action like this is not on behalf of any complainants. It's on behalf of the State. Whatever arbitration or settlements Blizzard-Activision reach with wronged employees is 100% irrelevant to the State's case; in fact, it's probably a boost, since it would demonstrate Blizzard-Activision knows there was wrongdoing involved.

Cases like this could result in heavy fines, or it could result in State actors having some oversight over Blizzard-Activision operations, serving as watchdogs with full access ensuring that compliance with State orders is occurring. The same way, say, that a CPS agent will stop by and check up on foster parents and such.

No; again, it's literally a function of failure to comply with regulations. They either are or they aren't, even if they settle cases with employees.
    Oooh. Okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. I think I was failing to see the distinction between this being filed by the State of California, and the class-action that Riot faced a few years back. I'll take this as a lesson to make sure I properly read the text in the court filings regarding the plaintiffs and defendants so I don't wind up confusing two things that have some similarities while being legally distinct (I went and reread the first page in the class-action brought against Riot, feeling a bit silly for not having payed attention to it before).

Also thank you Endus for the more expansive explanation, it helps flesh out the context of what the scope and context of the consequences can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    State action like this is not on behalf of any complainants. It's on behalf of the State. Whatever arbitration or settlements Blizzard-Activision reach with wronged employees is 100% irrelevant to the State's case; in fact, it's probably a boost, since it would demonstrate Blizzard-Activision knows there was wrongdoing involved.

Cases like this could result in heavy fines, or it could result in State actors having some oversight over Blizzard-Activision operations, serving as watchdogs with full access ensuring that compliance with State orders is occurring. The same way, say, that a CPS agent will stop by and check up on foster parents and such.
    this sounds so selfish but gawd damnit I hope they boot 85% of the WoW dev team out of there and then WoW can wither and die on the vine.

whoa, so many bigots who just put everything that "endangers" their heterosexual white manhood, in the same corner.

Why are these bigots trying to put people who just want to pursue equal rights in the same corner as extremists/criminals?

On topic, this actually sheds another light on some events.
    Afrasiabi who got sacked without any official statement of Blizzard (rumours were that he harassed women; Towellie also said that on twitter today)
    that kael thas voice actor who got sacked (he was wrongly accused afaik).

Blizzard knew this was coming so they weren't even giving the benefit of doubt to those who were being accused of harassment.

blizzard is a sad company now. so looks like they are worse than EA right now.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.