Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's nice. Still doesn't change the fact that HR as a department are not "workers" since again they fundamentally represent the employer's interests,
    They do, but the context was about HR-workers resigning (or forced to resign).

No amount of buzz-wording can change the fact that they are workers in that context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    They do, but the context was about HR-workers resigning (or forced to resign).
    No, actually, the context was about the head of HR resigning after their and their department's misconduct towards employee concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, actually, the context was about the head of HR resigning after their and their department's misconduct towards employee concerns.
    Your retcon doesn't work, there is only one head of HR and you used the plural.

The article also indicated high turnover in the HR-department, which means that the HR-workers likely were treated badly and resigning or being forced to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Yes, I do value personal satisfaction (read: satisfaction; I have been diagnosed as someone fundamentally incapable of genuine happiness or peace of mind) over what happens with other people in the world. In this case, it's video games, which have laid out the foundation for a lot of escapism and fleeting "good times" in a questionable life.
    This is quite the quote.
    A doctor has diagnosed you with the inability to be happy?
    To ever have peace of mind?
    I'd love to know what that's called.

And to sum it up, you only care about your "satisfaction" in life. No one else.

Questionable indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    This is quite the quote.
    It's called being an MMO-C poster (just a light-hearted joke, pls noone take it seriously).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Your retcon doesn't work, there is only one head of HR and you used the plural.
    Bruh, the entire tangent was the result of someone whining that the head of HR was being "thrown out" and saying that's demonstrative of a lack of worker protections when it manifestly was not that, but them fleeing the ship after the Axios article came out. Sit down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    This is quite the quote.
    I believe it's called Trollus Patheticus, it's a terrible condition in which the sufferer spends his entire life making bait/troll posts on internet forums, desperately trying to find the happiness they will never obtain.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

If you'd actually read the link you'd know they resigned and were not "thrown away".

Also: HR are not "workers". They represent the employer's interests.
    Bruh, the entire tangent was the result of someone whining that the head of HR was being "thrown out" and saying that's demonstrative of a lack of worker protections when it manifestly was not that, but them fleeing the ship after the Axios article came out.
    Your retcon still doesn't work.
    My entire point is that people in HR are workers - and should be treated fairly as other workers; and it seems they weren't at Blizzard. (Not saying that they were treated worse than the rest.)

However, I will not discuss it further as you have nothing meaningful to add.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    If it came to it, Activision would sell off Blizzard and it's IPs in a very messy divorce. So fear not, the shitty MTG clone isn't going anywhere.
    Somehow I doubt that'd be a financially wise move. Blizzard products still make a crap ton of money, and the investors would go berserk if Activision sold off the most lucrative part of their business. Because let's be honest, Activision is absolutely nothing without Blizzard's IPs. Activision has Call of Duty to rely on and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Somehow I doubt that'd be a financially wise move. Blizzard products still make a crap ton of money, and the investors would go berserk if Activision sold off the most lucrative part of their business. Because let's be honest, Activision is absolutely nothing without Blizzard's IPs. Activision has Call of Duty to rely on and that's it.
    King and their mobile games make more money than Blizzard. Blizzard is not their most lucrative but it's IPs have the potential to be.

Activision is absolutely nothing without Blizzard's IPs. Activision has Call of Duty to rely on and that's it.
    And Call of Duty is the single biggest moneymaker in Activision-Blizzard, and that now spans annual releases + a mobile game + a F2P battle royal that's printing them money. They make plenty with other releases like Sekiro, plus they own King so have a big mobile revenue arm. Shit man, CoD mobile is approaching $1B in revenue a year, and likely with a fraction of the marketing/development costs that a full fledged AAA PC MMO like WoW does.

Yes, WoW still generates a ton of revenue, but claiming that Activision is "nothing" without Blizzard's IP's? Starcraft doesn't make shit, the Warcraft IP is WoW/HS, OW has been underperforming without any new releases and with its expansion still a year off, and I'm doubtful that Diablo has generated much revenue since the D3 expansion launched years ago and is looking to generate some with D2R (PC only) this year and D:I next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is what the death of WoW looks like, the most you're ever going to see of it. Though I get the feeling we might see a rebirth soon. The two new people they put in charge to replace Brack might not be Blizzard peeps (Blizzard has always been run by someone from the old guard) they have stellar records in the gaming industry, and I think it might do WoW good under new leadership. Just slap Ion a few times and WoW might be a quarter decent MMO again.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Activision has Call of Duty to rely on and that's it.
    If you think this you know nothing about Activision.

Not that they would but Activision could completely axe Blizzard/Wow and they would still be the biggest gaming company on the planet and making a shit ton of money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is possibly the most out of touch take in this thread which is impressive consider some of the shit said in here.

Hey now guys, hearthstone still prints money too (and it has almost no overhead compared to wow). I would not be shocked if the majority of blizzard's MAUs were people fat-fingering hearthstone.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I think this is what the death of WoW looks like, the most you're ever going to see of it. Though I get the feeling we might see a rebirth soon. The two new people they put in charge to replace Brack might not be Blizzard peeps (Blizzard has always been run by someone from the old guard) they have stellar records in the gaming industry, and I think it might do WoW good under new leadership. Just slap Ion a few times and WoW might be a quarter decent MMO again.
    There's really no incentive for WOW to change financially they are better off increasing revenues by milking the base even more, producing more mobile games off Blizzard IPs and focusing on the bigger money making franchises. I do not see any incentive for Blizzard to revive WOW, they will more than likely see this period as a temporary drop, a few new people in leadership doesn't change the money men.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There's really no incentive for WOW to change financially they are better off increasing revenues by milking the base even more, producing more mobile games off Blizzard IPs and focusing on the bigger money making franchises. I do not see any incentive for Blizzard to revive WOW, they will more than likely see this period as a temporary drop, a few new people in leadership doesn't change the money men.
    For sure. Cheaper copy cut paste expansions are what they want. They know like 10-12 million people can't resist so they make a mint on just box sells. Then tac on a month or two of subs on top of that for those that bail early. Now dangle a 6 month sub in front of those that stay to save 20 bucks and give them a mount to lock a lot of people in. Release patches right around that expire time and rope them in with another 6 monther reward. Don't forget about the whales they buy everything else too.

If anything they want to speed up expansion releases and keep patches at just about 6 month cycles to increase box sells (and yeah, I mean digital here its just short hand), lock in as many subs on the six month plan, and repeat.

Quality will not matter until the box sells plummet and the 6 month gag stops working suffencently and either are highly likely anytime soon imo. Sadly by then it probably will just be finacally viable to just put the game on life support and let credit card warriors go ham and whatnot. Not to mention by then you might have a lot of classic versions of the game (plus stores) that will make the life support phase profitable as well.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-08-06 at 01:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard makes less money then activison or king by a few 100M.

activsion $789M

Blizzard $433M

King $635M
    https://investor.activision.com/stat...9-e7c647d36c03
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This forum is so horrible and out of control that it chased everyone away from discussing this topic. All that is left is a bunch of trolls in the last two pages bickering about the usual stuff. And no posts in here around 2 days as serious people have now chosen to talk about it elsewhere.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This forum is so horrible and out of control that it chased everyone away from discussing this topic. All that is left is a bunch of trolls in the last two pages bickering about the usual stuff. And no posts in here around 2 days as serious people have now chosen to talk about it elsewhere.
    It puts a stop to your civil war nonsense so I'd say it's not so bad.

If you have something new to bring to the thread's attention, do it.