Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just keeps getting deeper. But I mean.. lets be fair here and say who really though Bobby was clean?

But covering for people that were RAPING people? Ok ok.. sexual discrimination can often take a lot of investigation. Doesn't make it right in anyway but you got to get your ducks in a row. It has two sides of the story. You get things right and punish someone that the investigation shows did wrong. Punishment can vary on what was said and done. You seperate the parties and figure it out. RAPE? You don't sit on that shit. You put the dude on administrative leave and call the police in one swoop instantly. What their investigation uncovers you roll with and probably part ways anyway for the horrible deal you just dragged the company though as management. At that point it is just do you get the separation package and some back pay if your innocent while we sign NDAs for each other or do you get nothing when they are putting you behind bars and the company points out how they called the police the second they heard about it.

Im pretty sure that most multinational CEOs, shareholders and high management folk are -regardless of gender- psycho/sociopaths.
    All of them.

Nobody with a slight of humanity could justify these with clear conscience, yet most of them are MASTERS on how to hide them - hence, psycho/sociopaths. By definition.

I say let's put ALL leaders to a psychological test - and deny them any leadership positions. Watch the world turn awesome again.
    (and yes, these mofos convinced us that time is money "friend".. no it's not and I'm getting sick that every single human gets a pricetag on it)

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Just keeps getting deeper. But I mean.. lets be fair here and say who really though Bobby was clean?

But covering for people that were RAPING people? Ok ok.. sexual discrimination can often take a lot of investigation. Doesn't make it right in anyway but you got to get your ducks in a row. It has two sides of the story. You get things right and punish someone that the investigation shows did wrong. Punishment can vary on what was said and done. You seperate the parties and figure it out. RAPE? You don't sit on that shit. You put the dude on administrative leave and call the police in one swoop instantly. What their investigation uncovers you roll with and probably part ways anyway for the horrible deal you just dragged the company though as management. At that point it is just do you get the separation package and some back pay if your innocent while we sign NDAs for each other or do you get nothing when they are putting you behind bars and the company points out how they called the police the second they heard about it.
    Bobby gets paid the big money for a reason he saw the guy as key to getting Call of Duty out on time which is more important to him than you know people. When even the HR at Activision say fire him you know it's got to be bad but not bad enough for Bobby to prioritize over money.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Bobby gets paid the big money for a reason he saw the guy as key to getting Call of Duty out on time which is more important to him than you know people. When even the HR at Activision say fire him you know it's got to be bad but not bad enough for Bobby to prioritize over money.
    Right, Bobby is a PoS. Pretty establish for a while but harshly confirmed now. I get his job is to make money but the line does exsist that can be crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Yeah my bad, debating with addicts doesn't work, should have seen that coming.
    Quoting you from the other thread as it got closed.

I don't even play the game I want to, but it's pretty crap right now. All people are saying is that people care more about the state of the game than they do the state of the workers, which is true of a lot of things. When a new phone comes out, you don't look at the horrible conditions they're made in - you look at the camera performance, battery life, chip speed, etc. When a new video game console comes out, no-one cares that they're linked to slave labour - it's all about what launch titles is has.

It's an incredibly cynical opinion to have of people, but I'm willing to bet the majority would rather play a 10/10 expansion made by scumbags than an average expansion made by saints - the only reason people seem to be leaving the game so much lately is because we've had average at best expansions made by scumbags.

Maybe it was out already, but I'm just reading that they didn't even pay Jen Oneal the same as Ybarra for her co-leadership position. HOW? How are they in this much shit and miss such an easy point; not only that, they turned their positive PR stunt into major PR damage. How incompetent can one company even be?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Maybe it was out already, but I'm just reading that they didn't even pay Jen Oneal the same as Ybarra for her co-leadership position. HOW? How are they in this much shit and miss such an easy point; not only that, they turned their positive PR stunt into major PR damage. How incompetent can one company even be?
    They were working under their prior contracts, and she was getting paid less than him (they had different roles). She flagged this to HR multiple times to request that they resolve the pay disparity, but apparently was not responded to until after she resigned and they offered her and Ybarra contracts with equal pay.

It's a pretty impressive amount of stupidity that just adds more and more ammo to the argument that Activision used her as a token PoC/woman in leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ignoring that there is still sexual content in game with even gigolo’s being added, Multiple devs have come out and said the changes aren’t because of the lawsuit but are things they wanted to do for a while but didn’t have the power to do until now and that it’s literally all they can do while the higher ups ignore making actual improvements to the work place.
    That says a lot about the kind of devs we're dealing with here and what one can expect when giving them "free reigns" over even little things like this. They wanted to remove portraits of women in a fictional world full of genocide, conquest and other things that would be considered horrible in real life. Talk about an understanding of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctulhu 2020
    On this note: Blizzard's decision to "Sterilize" their game of all even remotely sexual content is a tone deaf response to the recent sexual harassment suits. Blizzard should be fixing sexual harassment IN THE WORK PLACE. Replacing sexy ladies with fruit bowls isn't an answer to the presented problem, but they did it anyway.
    Pretty much this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You took the long route to get there but you finally revealed your true agenda.

You care more about video games than people..
    Most people buy video games to be entertained. Now if someone is acting inappropriately and breaking the law while creating said games, then they need punishing in accordance to the law and this is the most common way people who buy games see this. If consumers prioritized people whenever they pick a product off the shelf, then very few products - if any - would be picked up in the first place. They'd be picking a chocolate up while crying for the people who work in the cocoa farms. That's not how these very devs live their lives and that's not how the majority of manking behaves. Such a view would paralyze consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a pretty impressive amount of stupidity that just adds more and more ammo to the argument that Activision used her as a token PoC/woman in leadership.
    I'd be surprised if anyone genuinely thought that there was some other reason behind her promotion.

Everything they do publically for the past few years serves one agenda only and that is to show how "diverse" they are, thinking that's enough to have a good public image; game quality, player support and ultimately working conditions are secondary priorities. As irony would have it, Blizzard used to be making games with the most iconic and diverse characters in the industry and nobody was having to point it out or pat them on the back over it; we all loved it, didn't notice it and embraced it because it simply came down to them taking inspiration from popular themes, the producers' imagination and I dare say innovation too.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-11-18 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'd be surprised if anyone genuinely thought that there was some other reason behind her promotion.
    Which fuckin sucks, because she's absolutely qualified as shit for the job and has kicked ass running Vicarious Visions.

That says a lot about the kind of devs we're dealing with here and what one can expect when giving them "free reigns" over even little things like this. They wanted to remove portraits of women in a fictional world full of genocide, conquest and other things that would be considered horrible in real life. Talk about an understanding of priorities.

Pretty much this.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people buy video games to be entertained. Now if someone is acting inappropriately and breaking the law while creating said games, then they need punishing in accordance to the law and this is the most common way people who buy games see this. If consumers prioritized people whenever they pick a product off the shelf, then very few products - if any - would be picked up in the first place. They'd be picking a chocolate up while crying for the people who work in the cocoa farms. That's not how these very devs live their lives and that's not how the majority of manking behaves. Such a view would paralyze consumers.

Everything they do publically for the past few years serves one agenda only and that is to show how "diverse" they are, thinking that's enough to have a good public image; game quality, player support and ultimately working conditions are secondary priorities. As irony would have it, Blizzard used to be making games with the most iconic and diverse characters in the industry and nobody was having to point it out or pat them on the back over it; we all loved it, didn't notice it and embraced it because it simply came down to them taking inspiration from popular themes, the producers' imagination and I dare say innovation too.
    In 2018 they had the "Women at Blizzard" panel at Blizzcon. Surprise surprise that lines up pretty well with when California started the lawsuit 3 years ago.

Given that no one was doing any of the things you listed while people were actively sexually harassing people and then putting content in game likely making light of the fact id say it just tells us that the dev's don't like assholes poking fun at them while harassing them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

They were working under their prior contracts, and she was getting paid less than him (they had different roles). She flagged this to HR multiple times to request that they resolve the pay disparity, but apparently was not responded to until after she resigned and they offered her and Ybarra contracts with equal pay.

Even worse than that.... THEY contacted HR, like, both leaders of Blizzard, and nothing was done. It's a fucking farce.

The idea that we need to just tolerate shitty behavior because the end product is good and entertaining is what got us in this position to begin with.

If consumers actively put energy into buying products produced by companies that showed good behavior, and bear with me because this may surprise you: COMPANIES WOULD BEHAVE.

Like, JFC. People being a bunch of lazy fuckers who don't give two shits as long as they're entertained is EXACTLY WHY WE'RE HERE.

Fuckin christ.

Just...fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Which fuckin sucks, because she's absolutely qualified as shit for the job and has kicked ass running Vicarious Visions.
    I also believe this definitely. What's really messed up and mind-boggling that they hired her as a co-lead with Ybarra in the first place so they would lead Blizzard equally together. And ActiBlizz were ticking off every point in terms of having diversity in the company: she is a woman, she is a PoC and she is (supposedly) queer (I read this somewhere but it's awesome nonetheless). I mean how badly can a company fail so hard when they are the ones who said they were changing their workplace and yet didn't? There is some serious management problem going on as well in all of this, I think.

Just another level of stupid not to pay Oneal and Ybarra the same immidiately after they took on the job. With all that has happened, that got denied over and over?

Nice PR right there. Even if equal pay is something they don't care about, that should have been priority, no matter what to not have another blowing up in their face.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Just another level of stupid not to pay Oneal and Ybarra the same immidiately after they took on the job. With all that has happened, that got denied over and over?

Nice PR right there. Even if equal pay is something they don't care about, that should have been priority, no matter what to not have another blowing up in their face.
    Apparently like edge said they remained at their previous rate.. which is fucking odd.... it was a promotion for both. Why didnt they both increase, both increase to the same rates wtf? They give them more responsibilities and yet they dont get an increase lmao. The only reason someone should get more in the same position is if one of them had been in that position longer, which is hard since they both got the same job at the same time lol. How does this even happen its like 2 of your very top managerial employees, some of your most important employees, how does this even slip.

"Oups we forgot to raise the two employees we put at the head of one of our biggest division."

But its okay guys, bobby gave himself the minimum salary this year, the salary that means hes gona pay less in income taxes then the janitors at the company this year lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-18 at 05:53 AM.

Jen herself said she had faith blizzard was heading in the right direction during her resignation. Why did she clearly lie

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Jen herself said she had faith blizzard was heading in the right direction during her resignation. Why did she clearly lie
    The answer is in the article nothing goes out without Bobby's approval and he ghost writes responses under other people's name. If you take into account that it wasn't amicable and she is most likely under NDA you can figure out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Apparently like edge said they remained at their previous rate.. which is fucking odd.... it was a promotion for both. Why didnt they both increase, both increase to the same rates wtf? They give them more responsibilities and yet they dont get an increase lmao. The only reason someone should get more in the same position is if one of them had been in that position longer, which is hard since they both got the same job at the same time lol. How does this even happen its like 2 of your very top managerial employees, some of your most important employees, how does this even slip.

"Oups we forgot to raise the two employees we put at the head of one of our biggest division."

But its okay guys, bobby gave himself the minimum salary this year, the salary that means hes gona pay less in income taxes then the janitors at the company this year lol.
    It just doesn't make sense. Its almost if its made up because they should at least look at it from a PR point of view, but even that got overlooked.

Like you mention, with all the possibilities they have to turn this around, the best example, or rather the most obvious example they could show for was to give those two the same pay.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post

I imagine that it all comes down to the massive bloat and bureaucracy at the company today - I'm sure their contracts got tied up in legal or HR or both. It's mind boggling they don't all have the same priorities when the company is practically on fire, but I think that's what happens when you over departmentalize with no one communicating.