Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    They were the wokest of the woke companies. The only thing that could've made them even more woke and LGBTQ friendly would've been if Metzen had flashed his cock at little kids at a pride parade.
    Equating LGBTQ with pedophilia...*tsk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Caring about business regulation is childish? Wanting a precise criteria for breaking up companies is childish? I'm sorry, I guess I'm not mature enough to have a real "duscussion" about adult issues.
    That's the first time I've seen something close to self awareness out of you. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

They were the wokest of the woke companies. The only thing that could've made them even more woke and LGBTQ friendly would've been if Metzen had flashed his cock at little kids at a pride parade.
    There it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I guess I'm not mature enough to have a real "duscussion" about adult issues.:
    Finally!
    A post that everyone will agree with!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Blizzard was never woke.
    Acting woke. No company is woke, but most comapnies are trying to act and look woke.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Could you possibly behave any more like a caricature?

Anyway, I hope this doesn't do a Ubisoft this time. Heads should roll if half of these allegations are true. Yeah I still enjoy Blizzard games but it doesn't mean I want this sort of shit go unpunished. They need a giant wake up call in more ways than one now.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

At least you're full mask-off now Rochana.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Finally!
    A post that everyone will agree with!
    Okay? You shouldn't care about posters on a forum. Focus on the real issue, which is whether Activision-Blizzard needs to be punished or regulated by the state, and why that should or shouldn't be the case.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-22 at 04:26 PM.

If you were a higher-up at the company who'd been aware of these situations and had complained about inaction to your boss, would you come out publicly now and say so? Just to dispel any growing notion that your continued silence implies a level of complicity? Personally I'd want to but then I guess you don't want to be the one to draw fire even if you've done nothing wrong.

(edit: also thanks to the mods for keeping this open)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so glad I don't play Blizzard/Activision games anymore, I truly hope they either crash and burn, or self implode and those responsible get their punishments in due time.
    Fuck this company
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ethics in gaming journalism" at its finest.

To be clear: I blame Blizzard for permitting and actively promoting this sort of behavior among consumers of its products. This is why a lot of the shit their streamers pull on WoW don't tend to fly on other games (i.e. FFXIV).
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This is why a lot of the shit their streamers pull on WoW don't tend to fly on other games (i.e. FFXIV).
    Curious, most curious.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I wish we would stop with this whole "court of twitter" crap where allegations arise and people immediately bust out the torches and pitchforks and assume that every single allegation is 100% true.
    You do realize this is an actual lawsuit with a lengthy investigation behind it, right? This isn't "a bunch of women group up and try to cancel Blizzard on Twitter".

Jesus Christ, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Hello ideologue. Ban me, bitch. You will lose. We're going to destroy everything you hold dear and make you watch the entire time.
    Wow you really are a sore loser aren't you...cry more.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So what exactly is happening in the law suit against Blizzard since you seem to be in the know. Does it also mention Afrasiabi by name?
    it does, in fact he's the only one named directly, you'd know if again, any of you people took some time to read the suite.

15+ Year Old Account
    They will 100% settle out of court and some people will be "let go".

Calling it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a legal judge can decide if blizzard is guilty. That said I hope that every victims get justice.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    saying hello at the start of the game on voice resulted in this...

just speaking on voice...

2 people in the same game screaming on voice chat about how i should suck their dick and telling me to go mercy and then i leave voice because of it... and then they type in the chat after that...

these are just a few pictures of everything that's been said... then there's more on voice chat too...

then in wow there's the m+ groups i've tried to play with where i get harassed, people hitting on me constantly on discord even though being told i'm not interested... even sending dick pics to me...
    Pretty much every woman I know who plays online games has experienced this to some extent. Back when I used to play WoW, our raid leader was a woman, and sometimes people would make the kitchen jokes, but it was really only done by a few people who were IRL friends so it was an in-joke. They aren't funny without good context and in situations where people know one another well, and that's what irks me most about online games now is all these dumb edgelords think it's funny when it isn't when you say it to someone you don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    They will 100% settle out of court and some people will be "let go".

Calling it.
    Uh...no.

The title of the article is misleading; this is not a civil suit being brought by employees against the company, this is the State of California attempting to issue an injunction against ActiBlizzion for failing to comply with state labor laws. A cash settlement won't avoid the need for compliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And where is the evidence? I just see a bunch of allegations and people immediately taking sides and jumping to conclusions based on allegations.

I wish we would stop with this whole "court of twitter" crap where allegations arise and people immediately bust out the torches and pitchforks and assume that every single allegation is 100% true.

"you said thing? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE GENERALIZING AND CLAIMING THAT LITERALLY EVERY WOMAN DOES THIS"

No.
    Except that this situation IS being taken to a court over. In literally every other scenario, I'd agree with you, but this ain't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy, Acti-Blizz sure is giving Ubisoft a run for its money in terms of sexual harassment.