Holy shit, they took pictures so creepy and stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And there is still a leadership on all that, even in a partnership. Someone has to make the call at some point.
    So you are saying that the word partner confuses you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there is still a leadership on all that, even in a partnership. Someone has to make the call at some point.
    That's explicitly not how partnerships work.

If there's no agreement, there's no call.

And for democratically-run companies, if it's a 50/50 split, that's a "no". If the vote's any different in either direction, that's what made the "call". There is no "leadership".

Edit: In fact, that's a good way to analyze boards and partnerships; there's still a vote. The usual requirement for any "yes" decision by that group is 50% of the votes +1 vote. In a two-man partnership, that means one voting "yay" and one voting "nay" is "no decision", which may as well be "nay".
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-07-28 at 07:13 PM.

I'm sure this is just some femoid making up overblown complaints - A 'person' on the internet right now probably (also just as an aside the reporter uses allegedly wrong in the figure title. Good old useless kotaku)

Nevermind found them
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    *snip*
    Dude you're three days late to be playing the 'its just women making stuff up' argument. Blizzard has already fallen on its proverbial sword.

- - - Updated - - -

I would pay money to see an equity partner of a firm tell another equity partner that they're the boss, it would make the drama at blizzard look like a pillow fight
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I would pay money to see an equity partner of a firm tell another equity partner that they're the boss, it would make the drama at blizzard look like a pillow fight
    He probably thinks real life is like the movies because that's a line from one though I can't place it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

And they say *we're* the ones who want safe spaces. Lol.
    Grats, you failed to understand what a safe space is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Which is exactly why the same law firm, Wilmer Hale, that stopped Amazon workers from unionizing is the one Blizzard has called in to deal with this.

https://therevolvingdoorproject.org/...er-at-the-doj/

Also, it's the same law firm Ion Hazzikostas used to work for.
    As someone who worked at a law firm for years...

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggh.

Ion so much reminds me of my coworkers.

Edit:

Also this:
    This whole thing is ridiculous. Women were "subjected" to cube crawls? Like the men put a knife to their throats and make them do it? Bullshit. Bet they had fun at the time.

Next complaint: "women in a male dominated industry complain men were being men and didn't change themselves to suit the female minority" they complained men talked about women within earshot of them... oh boo ho.

People came to work hung over. So? You focus in you, if you have good performance and get your pay check who cares? Something doesn't get done blame it on drunkie.

As for the sexual harassment why do we keep hearing how strong women are yet almost never hear of them standing up for themselves and telling the guy to fuck off? It's always 10 years later they gang up and go after the guy when he's already in trouble. Sounds to me they didn't care enough until they can get money out of it.

This shit is going to ruin gaming. Gaming is male dominated. It's just how it is, so of course games are going to be feared toward males and have mostly men making them. If you don't like it, pick another profession. I don't want to have to be playing games from 2000 to 2015 in 2025 because rather than pick the BEST game makers companies have to fill the woman/minority quota and have a "safe sensitive" work place and churn out garbage SJW games.
    this is so lol I don't even know where to begin.
    It's people like you who ruin gaming.
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-07-28 at 09:08 PM.

Its really disappointing to see Jesse McCree was involved. My friend and I met him at blizzcon 2019 and got to play D4 with him. It was honestly the highlight of the trip. He was there with his daughter and wife, showing his daughter the game. He seemed like a good guy, I'm genuinely shocked he was involved.

Honestly, a little sad for Vicarious Visions. No comment yet on the case. I'm not one to pile on, so I'll refrain from commenting on Activision or Blizzard as a whole, or their mobile gaming plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you even fix Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo. There are so many self inserts and VO lines done by the old guard, what are they gonna do a Poochie on Thrall and say he died on his way back to his home planet?

At this rate Blizzard are not only going to need to rebuild, they are gonna need to rename their company, shut down and completely close their current IP's and start new ones... how can anyone play WoW now, or Starcraft without seeing the people who made it? I cannot even look at the game anymore. I am so put off, I am so mad, sad and bloody depressed
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-28 at 09:41 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I want to address this comment from a now-locked thread over in WoW GD (locked because it was an unnecessary thread, given the existence of this one):

This is an incredibly disingenuous take given that you posted one comment from 2014 without any context to understand that comment. Olivia has today posted in regards to this comment to give that context: https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/sta...68265781010432
    Which i learned, the fact is i have no Sympathy for her. Because when she Knew, she should have done something or walked away entirely. She did nothing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    How can you even fix Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo. There are so many self inserts and VO lines done by the old guard, what are they gonna do a Poochie on Thrall and say he died on his way back to his home planet?

At this rate Blizzard are not only going to need to rebuild, theya re gonna need to rename, shut down and completely close their current IP's and start new ones... how can anyone play WoW now, or Starcraft without seeing the people who made it? I cannot even look at the game anymore. I am so put off.
    I don't even really understand this need to remove controversial stuff from the games. It's not like it was put there today. Seems like too much hassle than it's worth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

At this rate Blizzard are not only going to need to rebuild, they are gonna need to rename their company, shut down and completely close their current IP's and start new ones... how can anyone play WoW now, or Starcraft without seeing the people who made it? I cannot even look at the game anymore. I am so put off.
    *Sigh* I can see them writing Thrall out of the Horde again as another excuse toh ave an evil Warchief.

But honestly he's the easy one to write out, how they attempt to rehab the image of their studio and games is the bigger question. It honestly has to start with purging everyone, I think. No one is innocent in this, all the senior staff has to go.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Man, I wonder if Blizzard is actually done for real. I thought they'd survive it, but now? It feels like everything they've done is irrevocably tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Which i learned, the fact is i have no Sympathy for her. Because when she Knew, she should have done something or walked away entirely. She did nothing instead.
    How do you know she did nothing? You don't know anything. You're sat there behind your keyboard throwing around accusations and judging a Woman for how she handled the situation she found herself in at her first Blizzcon. Stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the other thread was closed I'll post the link to the Kotaku article that is being talked about. It's also made it into a News post by now.

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...ite-1847378762

You should really go read it. Have an open mind and remember that this is just context for everything else that's happened in the last week.

Just to be clear for those who want to pretend to believe that the Bill Cosby thing didn't happen until after this, that's incorrect. He was the target of allegations in 2000 and involved in a 2005/2006 civil suit. Cosby's sexual predilections were in the wind for years prior to these pictures taken at Blizzcon.

Anyway, read. It's a lot.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How can people be against unions I have never understood this? And how could this situation not be a picture-perfect example of why a union is good?
    I never said I was against unions esp in the private sector. Some companies treat their people like shit then yes I would be for a union. Not all companies need ot be unionized.

Oh and Kotaku - it just keeps getting worse. Can anyone identify them all?
    Last edited by zEmini; 2021-07-28 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Man, I wonder if Blizzard is actually done for real. I thought they'd survive it, but now? It feels like everything they've done is irrevocably tainted.
    ^ this

Maybe this comes from a guy who has literally been playing Blizzard games since he was 11 years old (in 1994) and now I am 38 years old. Blizzard have literally been a surrogate parent to me lol. Blizzard games were there for me in some really shitty times, my councillor who I was seeing in 2005 - 2008 encouraged me to keep playing WoW because it was helping me with my anxiety as I was always speaking to my guild in Vent. I owe Blizzard alot, and now this has happened I feel like I been cheated. I know its unhealthy to have that attachment to video games but I don't believe it is especially when its been such a positive on my life and mental health. and now with this, and with a subject that literally hits close to home. Its just so so sucky. I already quit WoW in January but was thinking of coming back eventually if the next expansion was any good, then I was excited for Diablo 2 remaster and Diablo 4... Now I don't even know if I wanna even purchase them.

I been trying to find a picture of 12 year old me holding up the Warcraft 2 game manuals from 1995 when the game came out, I loved those manuals they were like a bible to me, I loved that back in those days when game manuals were literally a giant lore book. And Blizzard's ones were so great... I still have them in my room right now
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-28 at 09:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Activision might well dump the Blizzard name, go for a rebranding.

I just don’t see where this gets better. The way they’ve handled it has been horrible, and they’ve been caught straight up lying about who knew what and when.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Women were "subjected" to cube crawls? Like the men put a knife to their throats and make them do it? Bullshit. Bet they had fun at the time.

Next complaint: "women in a male dominated industry complain men were being men and didn't change themselves to suit the female minority" they complained men talked about women within earshot of them... oh boo ho.

People came to work hung over. So? You focus in you, if you have good performance and get your pay check who cares? Something doesn't get done blame it on drunkie.

As for the sexual harassment why do we keep hearing how strong women are yet almost never hear of them standing up for themselves and telling the guy to fuck off? It's always 10 years later they gang up and go after the guy when he's already in trouble. Sounds to me they didn't care enough until they can get money out of it.

This shit is going to ruin gaming. Gaming is male dominated. It's just how it is, so of course games are going to be feared toward males and have mostly men making them. If you don't like it, pick another profession. I don't want to have to be playing games from 2000 to 2015 in 2025 because rather than pick the BEST game makers companies have to fill the woman/minority quota and have a "safe sensitive" work place and churn out garbage SJW games.
    I don't even know where to start on how much bullshit is slathered in this post.

Get help.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    they’ve been caught straight up lying about who knew what and when.
    Have they? Seems to me the only one's caught lying so far are former employees.