Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Eh I can pass on the shirtless guy (maybe I just don't know the context) but those other two are.... not good. ESPECIALLY the one about "girls will be seen with you even if you aren't holding a dollar."
    I feel this is more of a joke towards the "nerdy virgins". Especially since it was back in the day where gaming wasn't as big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah people are really surprised a bunch of over indulged programmers who have had nothing but utter contempt and disrespect towards customers would threat the company and Blizzcon like an opportunity to do whatever they wanted.

Honestly I think this kind of stuff is par for the course in the entertainment industry
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Right, so, your fact was actually just "moss grows on trees". Brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, the implication that it's much the same at other studios of the time.

Yeah, and? That means they were all filled with misogynistic fuckwits, too, who should be facing similar scrutiny.

The conclusion you should be drawing from those kinds of arguments is that they're all bad and should be facing legal penalties accordingly, not that this is some norm that should be accepted as just normal work conduct.
    No, the conclusion is at most be that there is a cloud of suspicion around all of them and that shall be investigated.

Saying that all were bad is prejudicial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I feel this is more of a joke towards the "nerdy virgins". Especially since it was back in the day where gaming wasn't as big.
    I see it as problematic on multiple levels. Sure, it's a joke towards "nerdy virgins" - but also intended to impress (and recruit) those "nerdy virgins" that they are now "rockstars" who don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    One thing I wonder is, were these men always like this… or did it come with power and fame?
    Always. The barrier to express their true selves was just removed with money, power and fame.
    You don't go from normal person to shitlord by waking up one day and saying "oh, I have money, let's be a turd now".

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The absolute state of Jason Schreier being a bitch on Twitter because he's clearly known about these abuses for years and never reported on them.

https://archive.is/z982y

And for a little history lesson, he refused to report on the NeoGAF story because he didn't like the people who told him about it, even when Kotaku gave the guy a platform by doing an AMA with him.

https://i.redd.it/8rkamx7x09e71.png

The dude literally is a hypocritical man child with zero fucking spine when it comes to being criticized for his shit tier "journalism".

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I wonder is, were these men always like this… or did it come with power and fame?
    Money and fame doesn't change who you are, it simply reveals who you are. The reason these people shouldn't do these kinds of things is because it's wrong, not because they got caught. In a business setting professionals should behave as professionals.

I think the most revealing about all of this is that some women also knew and seemed to condone this behavior, when they didn't eventually complain about it.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2021-07-30 at 03:22 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/1421106742381924352

"blizzard employee hid cameras in the womens bathrooms to film them on the toilet"

Boy this is just the year Blizzard burns their rep to the ground huh?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

"blizzard employee hid cameras in the womens bathrooms to film them on the toilet"

I think thats more on the IT guy than Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think thats more on the IT guy than Blizzard.
    Still employed by the company, but I think it's from a few years back so not (entirely) relevant.

Nitpick, but that's Activision. But since they're functionally the same company the lawsuit covers both.

Imagine my shock (and awe, tragicomedy often unites the two) when I sifted through this and found out that the "Cosby Suite" was an actual physical thing as opposed to a moniker for a scandal. I won't say nor read anything more because it's all very unsurprising, but I'll blindly guess Hazzikostas was involved too, he is after all keeping legal radio silence and was one of the main culprits behind the decline of WoW's quality along with the already-fired Afrasiabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The start is only shirt-less guys, games that aren't as good as sex.
    debatable, Rock N' Roll Racing was pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

They are all scums obviously but Cosby wasn't found out yet in 2013 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Imagine my shock (and awe, tragicomedy often unites the two) when I sifted through this and found out that the "Cosby Suite" was an actual physical thing as opposed to a moniker for a scandal. I won't say nor read anything more because it's all very unsurprising, but I'll blindly guess Hazzikostas was involved too, he is after all keeping legal radio silence and was one of the main culprits behind the decline of WoW's quality along with the already-fired Afrasiabi.

debatable, Rock N' Roll Racing was pretty damn good.
    Honestly this post is pretty moronic overall, not sure what you're going for with this one chief.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    They are all scums obviously but Cosby wasn't found out yet in 2013 right?
    There were some reports earlier, but the main reporting wasn't until 2014.
    Some of the victims said they didn't know about other victims until the allegations were made public.

That's why many of us don't believe that a Cosby-reference in 2013 would mean sexual assaults to most Blizzard employees.
    It could be that no-one knew at Blizzard or it could be that some knew - and had an internal joke at the rest; but I find the latter unlikely.

Kotaku reports that some employees heard references to Cosby suite and thought it was related to sexual assault; it could be that they didn't hear about the suite until late 2014 when Cosby was all over the news, perhaps as part of their preparation for Blizzcon 2014 (at about the same time) and someone suggesting a Cosby suite again.

The main issue is still the sexual assaults (and in the law suit the discrimination in terms of wages etc); the Cosby suite is just weird.

Good grief. It’s literally The Office, except worse. The fact that, that pregnant woman couldn’t get time off is pretty fucked. It’s hard for whoever denied her time off to stoop much lower than that.

Some of them, yeah. They probably were like this. Lots of creeps these days especially the ones who knight around for "victims". No surprise some guy who gets way too worked up by sexual assault allegations turns out to be a creep himself.

Not that women are any better. It's diabolical what women can do to other women and to men.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Not that women are any better. It's diabolical what women can do to other women and to men.
    Like what did they do according to the lawsuit and the stories that are coming out? Because I haven't seen anything, seems mostly like a lot of the dudes at Activision and Blizzard are were just creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like what did they do according to the lawsuit and the stories that are coming out? Because I haven't seen anything, seems mostly like a lot of the dudes at Activision and Blizzard are were just creeps.
    Maybe they were, I'm not sure at least about all of them, a few are for certain. But I work in this area, where people accuse each other of diverse forms of harassment, take my word for it, or don't, women are just as bad most of the time and even worse sometimes.