Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    WoW is sinking, Blizzard is sinking.
    I'm only sad this will probably affect my favorite game franchise of all time, Diablo.

Hell, I am glad I have two screens at home. I get to play FFXIV on one of them and on the other I get to watch this whole shit show of Shenanigans play out with Blizzard. /grabs Crunch-N-Munch and coke and sits back to enjoy the show
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The markets are down and have been on a down trend due to nervousness around China so I wouldn't put it all on the SEC. I can't remember the last time the SEC put anyone worth a dam in jail, they are usually late the to the party. When I started trading the SEC scared the shit out of companies, emergency compliance meetings used to pop up nowadays they are a joke. Congress has defanged the SEC no one takes them seriously, frankly the only threat to Blizzard is the lawsuit by activist investors.

The investigations are all going to results in small fines (comparative to their worth), the other remote threat could be unionization but I am not holding my breath on that one.
    Does anyone know why it's the SEC that's doing the investigation in particular? My guess is that it has to do with with interactions between Activision Blizzard's execs, and Blizzard's management, with AB being the controlling shareholder of Blizzard, but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Does anyone know why it's the SEC that's doing the investigation in particular? My guess is that it has to do with with interactions between Activision Blizzard's execs, and Blizzard's management, with AB being the controlling shareholder of Blizzard, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Not being entirely sincere with shareholders about how deep shit they are in, I believe.

I don't think the suit would change much at the office going forward, especially if the culprits are in denial. I imagine their insurance would cover the settlement or judgment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Bobby Kotick Subpoenaed

I wonder how many paintings are they gonna have to update to save themselves from this one?
    I'm afraid that after this subpoena they will change the skin of the black mageweave set
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If it comes back Metzen was involved then my soul is destroyed
    They're all egotistical. Would it be so surprising if he was? How is he so different than any other frat brother there? Afrasiabi, one public figure was mentioned repeatedly on page 15. Would this figure head be any different? Did he do anything to change the culture there or is he any less guilty for the crime of omission?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    On a related note I have sometimes looked at Blizzard's job listings and several years ago I noticed that they talked about a lot of drinking camaraderie (which I remembered since I found it odd - it's a company not a frat-house), and then I noticed that they recently stopped with that.

I also find the lawsuit a bit unclear, they complain about "white men" in leadership positions, while one of the named alleged offenders is Alex Afrasiabi (an Iranian-American).
    They probably meant most positions of power. Many consider Iranians white. The same debate is held for Italians and Jewish people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They drove a woman to such despair she saw taking her life as the only escape. They knew. They covered it up. Every UwU softboy speech at Blizzcon has been a lie to part you with your money and generate brand loyalty. The mask has slipped and now we see them for what they are and if any of the usual brand defenders keep going and try to put a spin on this then i guess we know who they really are too.

This is unforgivable and should not be forgotten either. A company is not your friend and this horseshit is indefensible.
    The public say they're outraged but keep throwing money at them and going to Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    So apparently Blizzard put out a response, and well you can pass your own judgement.

https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...ay-1235025376/

Bottom half of the article.
    That's a lot of words to say "Nuh'ah! The government's out to get me!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    This calls for some serious zone renamings and gender benders. Im genuinely afraid for Thrall
    I take it warlocks won't be enslaving Succubi anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The public say they're outraged but keep throwing money at them and going to Blizzcon.
    I see that as no different than the people who complain every content patch, threaten to quit but stay and… continue paying. Their obsessions won’t let them quit.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2021-09-24 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Phone…

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Smearing campaign? That's a funny way to say legit, official multi-year investigation
    Do you understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty?

Do you not understand how upsetting it would be if you were accused of something for everyone to assume you were guilty?

Just because you don't like Blizzard (and I don't either) doesn't mean that trial-by-media is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaniso View Post

Do you not understand how upsetting it would be if you were accused of something for everyone to assume you were guilty?

Just because you don't like Blizzard (and I don't either) doesn't mean that trial-by-media is a good thing.
    There is a 0% chance, that after few years of investigation, the state would just go "fuck it, let's just sue and see where this goes, because we can't find anything".

No, they sue because they have something tangible.

And if you read news even poorly, you should have seen by now, that there has been plenty of merit to this lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Just because you don't like Blizzard (and I don't either) .
    Your posts in the general wow forum would seem to hint differently.

Toss another one into the pile of people that have no fucking clue what’s going on.

This isn’t about whether something happened or not. This is about how bad it was and what changes need to be done based on the damage caused.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Toss another one into the pile of people that have no fucking clue what’s going on.
    This isn’t about whether something happened or not. This is about how bad it was and what changes need to be done based on the damage caused.
    Check his "incel" comment here

BBC has an article up about ABK settling one of the suits against them. The The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58720517

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    BBC has an article up about ABK settling one of the suits against them. The The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58720517
    So is this the big one or was this one of the ones brought afterwards?

Because if this was the big one than this entire exercise was a waste of time and Activision will get off scot free.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So is this the big one or was this one of the ones brought afterwards?
    This is separate from the 3 investigations/lawsuits already.

This isn't "trial-by-media"

This is an actual trial.

Being brought up on charges is not a "smearing campaign"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is separate from the 3 investigations/lawsuits already.
    I thought it was up to four

- California
    - Shareholder
    - SEC
    - Destroying evidence

I also thought they had a prior civil suit before all this but I could be mistaken.

Activision Settles Claim It Stole Character for ‘Call of Duty’

Activision Blizzard Inc. has reached a settlement “in principle” of claims it copied a writer’s vigilante character for the character of “Mara” in its hit video game “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare,” the Eastern District of Texas said.

Judge Rodney Gilstrap granted the parties’ request on Monday for a 30-day stay of all deadlines to allow time to finalize the agreement.

Plaintiff Clayton Haugen alleges Activision used his photographs and hired the same model from the photos—wearing the same hair, makeup, and clothing from Haugen’s pictures—in creating Mara.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That seems fairly stupid. Can models only do a certain type/genre/etc once now?
    Considering they apparently hired the same model, used the original photographs of her as reference material, hired the same makeup artist who was directed to try to recreate her work from the previous photo shoot...yeah, that's going a bit beyond "generic look".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering they apparently hired the same model, used the original photographs of her as reference material, hired the same makeup artist who was directed to try to recreate her work from the previous photo shoot...yeah, that's going a bit beyond "generic look".
    Yeah...they wanted all of the character in question.
    Considering potential movie making deals (which seems to the rage) they just seem to be covering their collective asses.