Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    or you know there just not ignorant of the situation like you are.

as to the people working on the changes you have no idea what the make up of the team if or how long they have been there.
    The female portrait being introduced way back when has made it into the game to mock the victims of the Cosby suite gang a decade later? Talk about a stretch of imagination.

As I've said, jaded simpletons. As much as Bobby represents many things that are and have been wrong with the industry for the past decade, this kind of behaviour by "devs" is a growing cancer on the industry that rinses everything in accordance to the wishes of jaded individuals.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The female portrait being introduced way back when has made it into the game to mock the victims of the Cosby suite gang a decade later? Talk about a stretch of imagination.
    you you really think any and all sexual harassments started only at the cosby suite?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

As I've said, jaded simpletons. As much as Bobby represents many things that are and have been wrong with the industry for the past decade, this kind of behaviour by "devs" is a growing cancer on the industry that rinses everything in accordance to the wishes of jaded individuals.
    let's clear this up; swapping pictures of busty women out for bowls of fruit (which doesn't solve the issue of sexual harassment) is a bigger problem in the games industry than wide spread sexual harassment....

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    let's clear this up; swapping pictures of busty women out for bowls of fruit (which doesn't solve the issue of sexual harassment) is a bigger problem in the games industry than wide spread sexual harassment....
    The problem is that the solution for some people seems to be the removal of said pictures of women. The people harassing others in whichever way should be punished and that's all that needs doing. Starting this virtual crusade that is meant to slap a chastity belt on a fictional universe is pointless.

The problem is that the solution for some people seems to be the removal of said pictures of women. The people harassing others in whichever way should be punished and that's all that needs doing. Starting this virtual crusade that is meant to slap a chastity belt on a fictional universe is pointless.
    it is for the company that wants to sweep this issue under the rug. people online focusing on these insignificant changes is exactly what Acti-Blizz wants you to do, instead of talking about.... you know... the absurd amounts of both regular and sexual harassment that goes on at that company. this crusade you're talking about is completely artificial and a product of Blizzard wanting to deflect from the real issue.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-11-18 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    it is for the company that wants to sweep this issue under the rug. people online focusing on these insignificant changes is exactly what Acti-Blizz wants you to do, instead of talking about.... you know... the absurd amounts of both regular and sexual harassment that goes on at that company. this crusade you're talking about is completely artificial and a product of Blizzard wanting to deflect from the real issue.
    The reason why I mention this is two-fold; not only is it meaningless and trivial for anyone who has been a victim to sexual harassment, but it also tries to divert from said issue by addressing the game itself. I agree with you, but I believe that many of the devs behind these changes think they're doing something amazing and great.

I also think that many of them are using what befell their colleagues in order to get better pay and benefits; this isn't to say that they don't deserve a decent payment and benefits that should meet their achievements, but many seem to be using this opportunity to get other things done, things that have got nothing to do with the harassment.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-11-18 at 09:51 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    why do they still have defenders?

the more info that comes out the more blizzard(and activision kinda) looks more and more pathetic.
    Reactionaries have this pavlovian response to seeing Sexual Abuse allegations against anyone and activate to defend them from 'Lying Woke SJW Feminist Liars' like some sort of sleeper agent. Barely matters who it is, how much evidence is out there, or how otherwise like or disliked either the victims or the accused are.

Of course they'd find someone who'd look as a senseful pick; it helps cover the intent behind the token promotion.
    She is a great pick. That Activision tokenized her is purely on Activision, and is gross. It has nothing to do with her, because she kicks ass.

The problem is that the solution for some people seems to be the removal of said pictures of women.
    That's not a "solution" to anything for anyone. That's just the current team reclaiming the game they're working on.

The people harassing others in whichever way should be punished and that's all that needs doing.
    Also, a functional HR department that doesn't defend abusers. Also a culture shift so that abuse and harassment isn't "par for the course". Also new leadership that actually leads by example and doesn't put up with abuse/harassment within the company.

It's nowhere near as easy/simple as you make it out to be.

Starting this virtual crusade that is meant to slap a chastity belt on a fictional universe is pointless.
    This ain't a virtual crusade and that you're jumping to such a hyperbolic extreme is like, pretty wild.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that many of them are using what befell their colleagues in order to get better pay and benefits; this isn't to say that they don't deserve a decent payment and benefits that should meet their achievements, but many seem to be using this opportunity to get other things done, things that have got nothing to do with the harassment.
    Yeah, all those selfish Activision-Blizzard employees fighting for better pay and benefits for...contract staff who are not employees?

You don't seem to be paying attention to what's actually happening, or your attention is so focused on the minor changes to in-game artwork and divining the internal thoughts of the dev team that you're missing the forest for the tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/everyon...ing-ceo-324940

Well that's be a financial loss if Microsoft and Sony just stop doing business with Activision-Blizzard. If that happens, I will be amazed if action is taken that far.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/everyon...ing-ceo-324940

Well that's be a financial loss if Microsoft and Sony just stop doing business with Activision-Blizzard. If that happens, I will be amazed if action is taken that far.
    They won't, money speaks loudest (as we're seeing with Activision) and they don't want to lost out on that CoD money. At most I imagine they'll stop actively promoting their titles and doing co-promotions, but that's about it. I don't see them losing out on that sweet CoD revenue.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They won't, money speaks loudest (as we're seeing with Activision) and they don't want to lost out on that CoD money. At most I imagine they'll stop actively promoting their titles and doing co-promotions, but that's about it. I don't see them losing out on that sweet CoD revenue.
    So i don't know how it exactly works but how does xbox/sony get COD money from anything but initial sales?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So i don't know how it exactly works but how does xbox/sony get COD money from anything but initial sales?
    If there's any in-game purchases done through PSN/Xbox Live (I assume that's how they do MTX sales, but I haven't played on console so not 100%) yes, they get a cut of that revenue.

But the revenue off of initial sales alone is fairly significant.

If there's any in-game purchases done through PSN/Xbox Live (I assume that's how they do MTX sales, but I haven't played on console so not 100%) yes, they get a cut of that revenue.

But the revenue off of initial sales alone is fairly significant.
    The threat of it may be enough for board members to axe Bobby tho. But honestly the whole company needs a purge and I personally won't be buying any Activision-Blizzard products until said purge happens.

Sony I doubt would cut ties with AB but I honestly wouldn't put it pass Phil Spencer to do it. They haven't really done partner deals since the early days of XB1 with Advanced Warfare. Less people playing Call of Dutty could mean more plays Gears and they are trying to push the E-Sports of that. Plus you got other titles like Battlefield, Fortnite and so on. Sony doesn't really have a E-Sports shooter to replace Cod with.

(I could be wrong but I do believe they get 30% of all sales period on the digital store, unless some deal is made to change that).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is tolerating shitty behaviour; we all want it punished equally. Wanting such behaviour to have consequences isn't diminished by the fact that I want Blizzard to deliver good games and for myself to be entertained.

No, nobody who agrees with me is a "lazy fucker" and my position has got nothing to do with the situation some of these employees find themselves; it boils down to a dozen or more people who can't keep their sexual urge in check. That is all there is to it; get these people out of the picture, bring in a mechanism to make sure it doesn't happen in the future and start doing what you're being paid for. It is a simple task that is ahead of them. Don't forget that thousands of employees were perfectly fine with all of this for years and years, while trying to portray Blizzard's HQ as a sex dungeon for the past few months.
    The fact that you continue to minimize the situation as a handful of bad apples and then turn around and mention thousands of employees being okay with it speaks volumes towards your ignorance of the situation and how workplace harassment works as well as your goals in this discussion.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sony I doubt would cut ties with AB but I honestly wouldn't put it pass Phil Spencer to do it. They haven't really done partner deals since the early days of XB1 with Advanced Warfare.
    I absolutely would. I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, but he does a great job of projecting the very "good guy" image for himself and he's done a great job of rehabbing the company image in that direction. But at the end of the day it comes down to money.

And there's a reason they stopped working with Activision: Because PS4 was selling a lot more and Activision wants maximum promotion for their game, that means going with whoever has the biggest install base.

Plus you got other titles like Battlefield, Fortnite and so on.
    All on all platforms (though IIRC Microsoft now partners with EA for BF), though BF still doesn't come close to CoD sales.

Sony doesn't really have a E-Sports shooter to replace Cod with.
    Neither does Microsoft, because it's owned by neither platform. Honestly, both companies do support esports a bit but neither has really invested too much in it. They don't really need to as a marketing tool (since it's usually a money losing venture, see Riot and LoL).

(I could be wrong but I do believe they get 30% of all sales period on the digital store, unless some deal is made to change that).
    They do (I'm not sure the exact cut of MTX sales they get though), same as in-app purchases on iOS etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found a really interesting channel on Youtube by a corporate lawer within IT. He has tons of videos on other topics but also alot on the still unfolding Activission BLZ saga.

I found it interesting because he dissect the different issues from a legal standpoint, given of what we so far know and also not know as facts.
    On top of that he also brings up other aspects this shitstorm(my phrasing) brings up as potential issues for the board as well as CEO Kotnik.
    He also discuss more in-depth issues such as, relationship with partners, shareholders (more than the 0,6% activist group shareholders), employees that might snowball.
    Maybe this will blow over without the of firing Kotik and parts of the board, maybe not. However his videos are damn interesting given his legal input and experience on the matter.

In the following video (50 mins long) he cover the WSJ article and its new information. His take on how its written, what are facts and what parts of implied parses, at least so far, are to be taken with a grain of salt and what implied parses are likely to be true. He also include previously known information for context when needed.

After the above video he also made another shorter one on the Sony statement (later echoed by Microsoft) and its ramifications.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats true I guess :S
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

When Sony and Microsoft are reassessing their relationship, you know it's bad.

In a memo obtained by Bloomberg, Spencer reportedly said he and other leaders at Xbox are “disturbed and deeply troubled by the horrific events and actions” that reportedly took place at Activision Blizzard and that Microsoft was “evaluating all aspects” of their relationship with the game publisher.

In the memo, which was obtained by Bloomberg, Spencer said he and other leaders at Xbox are “disturbed and deeply troubled by the horrific events and actions” that reportedly took place at Activision Blizzard. "This type of behavior has no place in our industry,” Spencer wrote.

Kotick is said to have known about instances of sexual misconduct at the company for years without reporting them to the board. He has also been accused of mistreating women on numerous occasions.

Spencer has joined Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan in expressing deep concern about the situation. In an internal memo, which also leaked earlier this week, Ryan wrote that he was "disheartened and frankly stunned to read” The Journal's report. He also criticized Activision's response to the allegations. Earlier this week, the company told Engadget that the report presented a “misleading view of Activision Blizzard and our CEO.”

-------

Sounds like a lot of prep talk...for the inevitable.

Now that is high caliber artillery. I think we can safely assume the list is going to grow even more. If Boby stays after this it would be a miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Now that is high caliber artillery. I think we can safely assume the list is going to grow even more. If Boby stays after this it would be a miracle.
    Only other company to add to the list would be Nintendo. Who I doubt will say shit since they don't give a shit about industry trends or anything else going on, plus don't have much of a close relationship with Activision like Microsoft/Sony have had. Valve isn't gonna say/do shit (they never really do), no other PC storefronts will say shit, doubt Apple/Google will say shit about mobile titles, other publishers probably don't want to weigh in on this (definitely not Ubi, likely not even Epic, 2K, or others). Hell, I doubt EA even wants to wade in on this since right now they're the huge beneficiary of all the historical hate directed their way being largely redirected towards ATVI (and to a lesser extent Ubi).