Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And as I predicted, employees are now in mass exodus to leave until Bobby resigns. The karma continues. The garbage fire continues to get more fiery and stinkier.
    I’ve only seen one so far is there some where that’s keeping track?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I'm willing to believe her take on that. The fact that the anti-Bobby movement from share holders is only 0.6% of the shareholder stock bespeaks of how much the big boys want to protect Bobby. It seems they're even willing to take a hit financially, probably believing they can recover if they just weather this storm.

And honestly, if this is the last bit of scandal to come out of Blizzard, I can see this storm blowing over. WoW might be suffering, but the other Blizzard IPs are doing fairly well, and WoW token sales + WoW classic is basically keeping WoW afloat.
    The stock price is the biggest factor in the anti-Bobby movement and the falling price (down 40% in the last 6 months) is the vote that counts because it indicates the big fund managers are quietly selling a stagnant or dying stock so they can buy something else that will not drag down there numbers. Most of the big investment banks look at a company like Actiblizz as a small company that isn't worth spending much time on and they understand that the entertainment business cannot be run like a commodity or product manufacturer since it is a creative business and relies on innovation and storytelling as part of its success.

https://www.axios.com/state-treasure...0e13419de.html

New development: State treasurers for California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Oregon, Delaware and Nevada all want to meet with the ATVI board to see what the fuck they're doing about everything going on in the company.

We're concerned that the current CEO and board directors don't have the skillset, nor the conviction to institute these sweeping changes needed to transform their culture, to restore trust with employees and shareholders and their partners.
    Ouch for them, but this is good news. The board, which continues to stand by Kotick who is also on the board, needs to go.

If more states are jumping on board, blizzard is screwed
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account
    they need to loose more money to get ridd of bobby...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    they need to loose more money to get ridd of bobby...
    Yeah, I don't see anything happening. Some toothless state regulators meeting with them is hardly relevant, they all operate on wait and see auditing principles that never lead to actual change. I think they can still sit it out unless they drop down another 16 bucks below their 2019 slump, which incidentially is equal to their rise back in 2017. Then they'd have lost over 4 years of growth, as that would put them on the same level they had in '16/17 when they actually started to grow.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Blizzard wont be at the game awards this year. (despite one on the council comity thing)

Wish they would have taken the same action against Ubi-soft when shitty stuff happened there.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-04 at 11:32 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looks like Blizzard wont be at the game awards this year. (despite one on the council comity thing)

Wish they would have taken the same action against Ubi-soft when shitty stuff happened there.
    Honestly the game awards is just taking the easy route. If they really cared Jeff would have gone on stage and said.

"We are rightfully disgusted by what we have learned about what's been going on at Activision-Blizzard. But don't be fooled every single one of these companies have been doing it and are still doing it. Until they all allow unions and have a 100% independent investigation on all that was shown to be going on at Activision-Blizzard they are immediately disqualified from being at the event, from winning any awards and we'll be telling our viewers to NOT buy these games.

This is a proven industry wide infestation and you're all guilty. "

Because frankly the only difference between Activision Blizzard and others is that their the ones with the biggest profile right now.

Then there are those in nations where the concept of worker's rights is you have the right to not complain and collapse at work because asking for time off means you don't care.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's always the companies who try and virtue signal the hardest and come off as woke that have the most skeletons in their closets when it comes to workplace harassment and abuse issues. Those who live in glass houses probably shouldn't be throwing stones at it. These issues in the workplace are often deep rooted and propped up by similarly minded people in management positions rather than people who actually care about the well-being of the employees that actually want to cultivate a positive work culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's always the companies who try and virtue signal the hardest and come off as woke that have the most skeletons in their closets when it comes to workplace harassment and abuse issues. Those who live in glass houses probably shouldn't be throwing stones at it. These issues in the workplace are often deep rooted and propped up by similarly minded people in management positions rather than people who actually care about the well-being of the employees that actually want to cultivate a positive work culture.
    This is hardly a new phenomenon. It's literally how public relations work.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a common tactic to appease their own employees too. They may not care about or agree on certain topics, but if makes it harder for the employees to claim they feel targeted or aren't heard/represented(while also appealing to the larger market) they'll do it.

Literally the meme "You did this? <takes> I did this "
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Delaware
    Corporate laws in Delaware are very lax, which is why so many people incorporate there. If they're upset, it's a problem for Blizzard. And Delaware has been a problem for them before.

I also found this but don't know if it's important. Blizzard is incorporated in California, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    Just when you think people have scraped the bottom of the barrel, it turns out there will never be a bottom. People were stealing breast milk from the refrigerators because ... fuck women? I dunno.

http://https://twitter.com/alaynakgray/status/1468758730418405382?t=YBWhoJxHsxJ-XN2c3CEGLw&s=19
    Apparently this could very well be creeper dudes, or it could be other young mothers since apparently pumping (and eating right) is a pain in the ass for a lot of women. Still fucked up though.

Kotaku has another piece up with more info about the latest organizing activity and the Raven layoffs. This stood out to me -

According to the Austin-based developer Kotaku spoke with, around 60 Activision Austin employees had been moved from Call of Duty: Vanguard to work on Call of Duty: Warzone due to a supposed lack of personnel. They were then horrified to learn, last Friday, that Vanguard’s testers were being laid off.
    So Activision lays off a bunch of Raven QA, is short-staffed, moves Vanguard QA employees off their game and onto Warzone (Raven's game), and then announced layoffs for the Vanguard QA folks.

Yeah, it's like Activision is doing everything they can to convince their employees that they need a union. I'm gonna be delighted if Bobby Kotick and his merry band of malicious assholes are the cause of the first AAA devs/publisher unionizing. Doubly so if it's the start of a widespread wave of unionization in gamedev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about unions happened today. Where did I put that...this will do.

The group, called ABK Workers’ Alliance, came together in July after California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) filed a lawsuit preceded by a two-year investigation into the company’s alleged “frat boy culture.” Activision Blizzard workers are not officially unionized, which means that the strike, initiated Thursday, will not have union protections. The group is being assisted by the Communication Workers of America, the Washington Post reported. Employees began signing union cards Thursday in an effort to get the group recognized, according to the report. It’s unclear how many workers are participating in the strike, which has been ongoing since Monday. More than 1,700 contracted workers and employees signed a petition in November demanding that CEO Bobby Kotick resign.

Management told workers they’ll no longer be paid for walking out, according to the Washington Post, which is where the strike fund comes in.

In a statement published on GoFundMe, where they are raising money for a strike fund, ABK Workers’ Alliance leaders said Activision Blizzard leadership has only continued to ignore workers’ demands. “These, and many other events have caused an alliance of Activision-Blizzard employees to initiate a work stoppage until demands are met and worker representation is finally given a place within the company,” the ABK Workers’ Alliance representation wrote.
    It doesn't appear to be directly related, but if there's a hostile workplace caused by management, this could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    Where is the info that it could have been other mothers coming from? I ask because down the Twitter thread there's a re-tweet of one of the women who outs herself as a source of this claim and she states that there were no other lactating mothers in the company at the time this happened to her.
    Other women who have experienced similar problems at their places of work, which I learned about today when discussing this elsewhere. I have no clue if anything like this happened at Blizz or not, but it was just an angle I hadn't considered that might be a part of the overall factor. Since this doesn't sound like an isolated incident within the company, sadly : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there's now some pressure mounting to kick Kotick off the Coca Cola board, so that's cool.

And the news of early unionization efforts for the ABK Alliance is great to hear. Their strike fund also seems to be doing quite well, already surpassed $200k within the first day.

Like I've said from the start of this, the best thing we can really hope for from all this is a successful unionization, which with any luck will get the ball rolling for the rest of the industry.

absolute fucking disgusting
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

at the rate it's going, Blizzard might go under for real and all their IPs will be cancelled or F2P without much further updates.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

15+ Year Old Account
    Legit quetsion, I've been wanting to come back and play, but a part of me feels the need to stay away for awhile so I don't feel like I'm supporting this whole mess. For those currently playing, have you thought about this? How are you dealing with it?

Also, not judging anyone playing at all, I'm mearly asking because how I'm personally feeling. I want to play, but trying to reconcile it all in my mind.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

I might have to cancel my account over this, I don't like supporting a company that partakes in such actions.