Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Like you're suggesting that the company behind this skin:

Caved and turned the Amazon into a man? Or at least allowed it to happen? I don't buy it.
    Well that same company and game made an obese Alexstraza and a Fat arm Stukov that was entirely unrelated to the actual character in Starcraft 2.

And they did give Sylvanas more armor cause someones kid asked why she wasn't wearing full armor meanwhile leaving Garrosh almost completely naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lol

Most of the D2 remake models are astonishingly terrible. In general they "rouged" up the characters oto mcuh. They all look way more old and haggard and worn down than they previously did.

The new Necro looks fine, as he was old and haggard to begin with. The new assassin and sorceress modes are also not terrible and I would deem faithful enough to the original. But everyone else is terribad.

The Amazon looks like William Dafoe in a wig. She's about 30 years older and x10 more masculine looking than before.
    The Barb also looks way older and way less muscular definition. His new look is more "realistic" but I don't want a "realistic" barbaian, I want the D2 barbarian.
    The Paladin they "blacked". The original Paladin had a darker skin tone but very generic facial features. You could easily interpret the original D2 paladin as having been black, or arab, or latin, or a mix of ethnicity.
    The poor Druid looks like he's from a whole differne game. He went from somewhat youthful looking and very tall and thin to now being a really thicc old man.

So yeah, the general theme is they tried to hard to age/weather the characters. All the D2 heroes besides the Necro have a very youthful appearance, you'd put them all in their 20's or 30's but the remake models all look like they are tired worn down 50 year olds.
    Last edited by Zaqwert; 2021-07-24 at 11:21 PM.

The problem with the D2 characters, IMO, is that they squashed their heads and made them too round. D2 faces were tall and thin, not short and fat. This is most noticeable on the Amazon, Necromancer, Sorcerer, and Druid.

It's also the company that made this, there's just no case to be made here at all.

She's showing less skin than a Victorian woman.

Just going by that screenshot, I feel like almost all of the redesigns for the D2 characters looking fucking awful. The necromancer is the only one that actually feels like it at least captures the spirit of the original, since he's supposed to look haggard and creepy.

Honestly, the barbarian bothers me the most, and maybe it's just because he's front and center while the others are more in the shadows. He looks like some paunchy, middle-aged sports fan that tried cosplay for the first time.

In general, the D2 remake is looking like it's going to have the same problem as WCIII Reforged when it comes to the graphics. They're trying to make it look more "gritty" and "realistic", but it just ends up looking ugly instead. It's why I tend to prefer games that are more stylized than those that try for photo-realism. If I wanted something ugly and realistic, I'd go look in a mirror.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

D2 remake is a hard no from me since they censored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    D2 remake is a hard no from me since they censored it.
    Censored it? What did they censor? I honestly have no idea, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    I'm curious as well. If I had to guess, they may have covered up the bare breasts of some of the female enemies in the game.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    Beat me to it. Haven't seen Andariel yet, maybe they had to cover her up. They were worried back in 1998 but not one cared, but people look for things to complain now.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I'm curious as well. If I had to guess, they may have covered up the bare breasts of some of the female enemies in the game.
    I think I saw a post during the last test that they specifically had not covered up Andariel?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I think as well, HOTS art style could fit well to not only to W3 but generally Warcraft universe.
    It's really weird how HotS characters are better looking than their WoW counterparts.

Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-25 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    It's really weird how HotS characters are better looking than their WoW counterparts.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VHkjAJD.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/JsmxIR2.png[IMG]
    Various character butts not withstanding, the Heroes dev team have done some of the best character designs coming out of the company in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    No offense but that's like saying its amazing how smash brothers character look better than their original counterpart

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    No offense but that's like saying its amazing how smash brothers character look better than their original counterpart
    WoW got new gnome models in 2015. Chromie came into HotS in 2016. With one being a 3rd person RPG and the other being an RTS you'd think that the RPG would be the one with more detailed characters.

Now, there are some examples where it's the other way around. Jaina, even though she's still a tweaked human female with highly detailed clothing, custom hair and face, is better looking than her HotS counterpart. Which is well done. For a while, HotS Jaina was taking the lead on WoW Jaina. Makes sense, Jaina's model has been around since the closed HotS beta. but the slightly exaggerated proportions and cartoony style would still look out of place in BfA. So I get that the WoW art team wants to stick to using their basic models in order for the characters to mesh well with the rest.

But even here, the budget and imperative for major characters in an MMO, that also have their own cut-scenes seems to make it more likely that it would be WoW easily outdoing a free to play RTS in this department.

To me, I don't see censorship at all as long as stuff like this makes it in the game, but I'm sure there's some diehard out there that's arguing they added a loincloth to the model so it's literally unplayable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Most of the D2 remake models are astonishingly terrible. In general they "rouged" up the characters oto mcuh. They all look way more old and haggard and worn down than they previously did.

The new Necro looks fine, as he was old and haggard to begin with. The new assassin and sorceress modes are also not terrible and I would deem faithful enough to the original. But everyone else is terribad.

The Amazon looks like William Dafoe in a wig. She's about 30 years older and x10 more masculine looking than before.
    The Barb also looks way older and way less muscular definition. His new look is more "realistic" but I don't want a "realistic" barbaian, I want the D2 barbarian.
    The Paladin they "blacked". The original Paladin had a darker skin tone but very generic facial features. You could easily interpret the original D2 paladin as having been black, or arab, or latin, or a mix of ethnicity.
    The poor Druid looks like he's from a whole differne game. He went from somewhat youthful looking and very tall and thin to now being a really thicc old man.

So yeah, the general theme is they tried to hard to age/weather the characters. All the D2 heroes besides the Necro have a very youthful appearance, you'd put them all in their 20's or 30's but the remake models all look like they are tired worn down 50 year olds.
    they all look fine to me. why do you care so much? it has nothing to do with gameplay.

Because the graphics are the whole point of a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    they all look fine to me. why do you care so much? it has nothing to do with gameplay.
    This is a rather silly argument. They could technically replace all the character models with pink blobs and it also wouldn't effect the gameplay. The aesthetic of the world is a fundamental part of what makes video games enjoyable.

Caved and turned the Amazon into a man? Or at least allowed it to happen? I don't buy it.
    Different teams, it's that smple.

The HotS team when it comes to that stuff is far more lax than something like the HS team, which has a slightly different artwork for Whitemane

Then there's also that the thing where they altered jaina's artwork by covering part of her cleavage, completely replaced the succubus card with an Felhunter and so forth.

So? Its still Blizzard at the end of the day. Don't you think if they had an issue with big booba they would've stepped in?
    I didn't say, nor imply that.

I said that it those things vary from team to team, nothing less or more.
    All of these niche examples mean nothing when you take a look at the overhwelming evidence against it.
    Not sure what constitutes as "niche" examples in that regard, personally i consider the outright replacement of an existing card (Succubus) with something entirely unrelated (Felhunter) a terrible move.