Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Her problem isn't that she realized the Jailer was evil. She realized full and well that he was doing some shady shit. The issue she took with him? She's not his equal, which she had apparently been assuming up until now? Even though he's a "titan++ level being" and she's just an undead elf with a bow, this falls perfectly in line with how prideful Sylvanas was in both life and death.

Notice her specific phrasing when calling him out: "I will never serve." Not "I won't let you do this" or "I thought you were better than this", but instead, something that focuses squarely on her own subservience to him. She has no problem forcing others to serve her, as was the case with Derek Proudmoore and Anduin Wrynn, but the moment someone wants HER to serve? That's where she draws the line; a vain and conceited hypocrite until the very end.

Now watch as she magically becomes "good" all of a sudden now that she's been reunited with the other half of her soul - even though she literally just revealed to everyone her ability to display free will and disobey the Jailer and not serve as his puppet - and everyone suddenly decides she deserves a second chance because "it wasn't really her this whole time, you guys!"
    Except she was serving the entire time, and it was so blatantly obvious she was the J's little errand... person.

That's kind of what makes it so so very cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dictainabox View Post
    I'm not sure if wiping away genocide really fits the definition of "campy" or "cheesy."
    Yeah thats the problem with the insane story creep since, I'd say, Pandaria. Theres absolutely positively nothing fun about it anymore. How are multiple layers of cosmic threat gods ever supposed to be be fun, in the classic sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Look; you don’t need a fortune teller to see where the story is going. Having Sylvanas just decide “actually the Jailer IS evil, sorry y’all”, that was genuinely one of the most cringe-inducing videos I could imagine.

Like... we know Blizzard has talented writers. How the fuck does a cutscene like that even happen? How many people had to green light every step of the process for that stupid cutscene become reality?

This is like Diablo 3 (vanilla)’s story all over again. The “greatest tactician in Hell” giving you constant updates on his plans, the “Lord of Lies” is so obviously communicating to you the whole time in Act 2.

Did Blizzard just forget that a lot of their fans are adults now, and that we appreciate a little bit of nuance or moral ambiguity?
    Sylvanas is waifu, simple as that

The writing was on the wall back all the way in BFA that they weren't going to kill but redeem her even after all she directly and indirectly murdered so many.

The idea that she was just a waifu now looks much more realistic, after gaining some insight on the mental age of blizz top brass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvana's lifetime was serving someone else, she served quel'thalas and the king, she served the horde warchief and she was serving the Janitor this whole time, Now she is suddenly not going to serve? bullshit

Besides, it was one of the cringest moment in wow, what the fuck she hope to gain by shooting an arrow at him in his most strong form? if she choose to betray him why not go along since she is so "master tactician"?

was that another trigger effect? like when she got triggered by the night elf and by saurfang? she got triggered by the word "serve"? the devs are doing an amazing job showing how she is retarded and mental unstable

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Her problem isn't that she realized the Jailer was evil. She realized full and well that he was doing some shady shit. The issue she took with him? She's not his equal, which she had apparently been assuming up until now? Even though he's a "titan++ level being" and she's just an undead elf with a bow, this falls perfectly in line with how prideful Sylvanas was in both life and death.

Notice her specific phrasing when calling him out: "I will never serve." Not "I won't let you do this" or "I thought you were better than this", but instead, something that focuses squarely on her own subservience to him. She has no problem forcing others to serve her, as was the case with Derek Proudmoore and Anduin Wrynn, but the moment someone wants HER to serve? That's where she draws the line; a vain and conceited hypocrite until the very end.

Now watch as she magically becomes "good" all of a sudden now that she's been reunited with the other half of her soul - even though she literally just revealed to everyone her ability to display free will and disobey the Jailer and not serve as his puppet - and everyone suddenly decides she deserves a second chance because "it wasn't really her this whole time, you guys!"
    I doubt they'll have her be good. If anything, "we'll use her as a tool against the Jailer" more than anything until this is done.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

poor employee satisfaction results in poor quality of the product.

You guys just don't get she planned to oppose him after getting her soul back so she could go back and help us defeat him.

You're taking things too literally.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    You guys just don't get she planned to oppose him after getting her soul back so she could go back and help us defeat him.

You're taking things too literally.
    Except she did it before she got her soul back.

But, yeah... i believe that, and reoriginating the Shadowlands system were her goals. After that, she'd be done with the Jailer.