I hope everyone at the least reads the article in Bloomberg about the lawsuit

That was posted on the main page. This one https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...at-boy-culture

Calling it frat boy behavior really kind of does it a disservice because these aren't frat boys. They are grown men who are working in a professional environment and Bliz's management/execs seemed to tolerate and even encourage it over a long period of time. Not that I'm saying people should stop playing their games over it(that's a personal choice) but they deserve to get raked over the coals pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    That was posted on the main page. This one https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...at-boy-culture

Calling it frat boy behavior really kind of does it a disservice because these aren't frat boys. They are grown men who are working in a professional environment and Bliz's management/execs seemed to tolerate and even encourage it over a long period of time. Not that I'm saying people should stop playing their games over it(that's a personal choice) but they deserve to get raked over the coals pretty bad.
    Already a thread on this bullshit behavior.

And if we were to stop playing games from companies with this behavior, we won't have many options sadly. Unions are needed in the US, people need a tool to seek help, advice and support in bullshit like this.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Already a thread on this bullshit behavior.

And if we were to stop playing games from companies with this behavior, we won't have many options sadly. Unions are needed in the US, people need a tool to seek help, advice and support in bullshit like this.
    We dont really sacrifice much by boycotting blizzard. Not like they have many games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    We dont really sacrifice much by boycotting blizzard. Not like they have many games.
    You don't really win much either by boycotting them alone, there are many more sharks in the sea, and the problems are bleeding out.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post

Frat boys are grown men (literally in almost every case, people attending college are rarely younger than 18 in the USA). Also, frat culture is pervasive in a disturbing amount of our society. Business and government can be rife with it (police departments, tech companies, some political circles, etc...); I think it is the frat culture itself being allowed to perpetuate is the driving problem. I'd take aim at banning fraternities in all private and public universities, because clearly some people learn some truly terrible behaviors and take said behaviors with them after leaving college.

It isn't a disservice to call it frat boy culture, it is a well-earned one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You don't really win much either by boycotting them alone, there are many more sharks in the sea, and the problems are bleeding out.
    Gonna start somewhere. Nestle, Ubisoft, now Blizzard. I cant say i lost anything of value.

EDIT: Need also look closely on Riot similiar lawsuit. If true then another one will bite the dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boys' clubs have existed since time immemorial. Just don't participate.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Thankfully the talent at Blizzard didn't disappear, they simply started their own companies. Blizzard is dying a death by thousand cuts.

https://www.ign.com/articles/special...t-a-crossroads

You can have it both ways if you want. You can cherish your WoW addiction and still hit Blizzard where it hurts by following the people actually responsible for your crippling dependency and follow them so you can support the new digital crack they produce.

I've read it. I've read the full report. I hope 50% of the entire staff gets fired, so that 100% of the workforce there actually works instead pf playing CoD.

But do I really care? No. I don't have anything to do with those people. WoW is what I play. Not because of the devs, but because I like the game. And someone can be the biggest asshole in the world and I still would watch his movies or play their games.
    Yes, Kevin Spacey is my favorite actor.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but boycotting them also hurts employees who are simply trying to do their jobs just to spite the bad actors. I don't think that is the way to go. Like you said previously, we need better protections, because stuff like this is rampant across the states, not just at select companies.

Is "frat boy" actually a term in USA? Seems strtange to me that this is used in official legal documents.

It's honestly odd as I mostly look upon Bloomberg as a legitimate source of info but the third and fourth Paragraph especially in that entry is just sounds so "Stereotypically over exaggerated image of what X person imagines a workspace inhabited by X stereotypical people to be like because said person is dissatisfied with something" - It honestly reads like a joke and until the case is settled; at best it's nothing more than blind words - This article alone contains nothing more than claims which is something used to make lawsuits happen far to often for the sole purpose of "trying to send a message"

The document linked at the end is also (Except for the proven payment discrepancies which still is a far shot as they don't really show what the average female worker earns in contrast to male workers in the same position) at best a collection of "Person(s) X said / claims this" so I hope people can remain civil about it until the hammer of justice has decided on who is in the right and wrong.

But for real, please don't tell me anyone gets past that third and fourth paragraph without thinking it sounds just a bit too "on the nose" as is the case with many of these "Lawsuits taken" for "X reason stemming from dissatisfaction / oppression / anger"

Also the amount of people who ever would boycott a game for a cause in any way shape or form makes up but a fraction of the total player base; it won't even dent them to the point of having "boycotting" be sign enough to do a change; if a change is needed that is which again - We wont know until we see how the lawsuit ends; if it even goes past being filed.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Possibly unpopular opinion, but boycotting them also hurts employees who are simply trying to do their jobs just to spite the bad actors. I don't think that is the way to go. Like you said previously, we need better protections, because stuff like this is rampant across the states, not just at select companies.
    It absolutely does not hurt any bottom rung employees. They're already running on a skeleton crew. They've made their cuts. Unless they're shut down entirely, it does not affect them.

But I suppose people need some way to clear their conscience and justify their subscription.

A lawsuit is just a lawsuit. If someone did something wrong and it is proven in court, then let them answer for it as is prescribed by the law and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Gonna start somewhere. Nestle, Ubisoft, now Blizzard. I cant say i lost anything of value.

EDIT: Need also look closely on Riot similiar lawsuit. If true then another one will bite the dust.
    EA is on the list too, Bethesda has been there, Coca-Cola has been there, and a ton of big companies..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Indeed, there needs to be an actual tool instead of hoping for a boycott for every company that does this shit, but every damn time it is brought up, it is shut down again.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It absolutely does not hurt any bottom rung employees. They're already running on a skeleton crew. They've made their cuts. Unless they're shut down entirely, it does not affect them.

But I suppose people need some way to clear their conscience and justify their subscription.
    That's what I'm referring to. If people want to boycott ActiBlizz to get the company to shut down, it impacts those employees. Simply shutting down a business like this doesn't help anyone. Making actual changes to law and having a system that protects employees does.

there are companies that provably profit of child or slave labour, but sure, lets boycot blizz bcs some of their employees ALLEGEDLY behave like imbeciles...
    perhaps after its proven i could get behind it, but as my friends life was pretty close to be destroyed by made up accusations, id rather wait to see if it can actualy be proven...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

Even a skeleton crew needs an income, though. Even someone fighting for what they love needs a place to call home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    there are companies that provably profit of child or slave labour, but sure, lets boycot blizz bcs some of their employees ALLEGEDLY behave like imbeciles...
    perhaps after its proven i could get behind it, but as my friends life was pretty close to be destroyed by made up accusations, id rather wait to see if it can actualy be proven...
    *cough* Apple *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This can be and is being discussed elsewhere in these forums, continually recreating these threads in an inappropriate subforum solves nothing. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead