Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it the end of Blizzcon?

Another topic that comes out of the current situation is this. Will there be a next Blizzcon?

Now, like it or not, Blizzcon always gathered many players and served as a launch platform for many Blizz gaming matters. So I find it a fairly normal topic to talk about.

I think that we will not see a Blizzcon for a while, not until this situation is cleared.. but then again, that could take years so.. could that really be the end of Blizzcon? or do you think that they will host it regardless? Truth be told, none can control what some participants might do/say on camera. Which is why I am doubting its happening. Lawyers might advice against it because of its natural public exposure. But maybe I am wrong there.

What are your thoughts about this?

And please.. do not post if you don´t have anything productive or related to say. Just.. keep it on topic!

If Blizzard said Blizzcon was Nov this year and tickets go on sale tomorrow, the tickets would be sold out tomorrow.

There are a lot of angry people on forums RE: the story, but trust me, on the whole, the majority don't really care.

Nah Blizzcon is something major for Blizzard. And just because people in general are not thaaaat fond of blizzard right now the tickets would still be sold out quite fast.

Not only for exposure but also for the employees too. It will come back. I guess in 2023 tbh.

Maybe the will hold an extra blizzconline at the start of every year extra.

Blitzchung should've been the end of Blizzcon. When will people learn that corporations virtue signalling and pushing marxist slogans is PURELY to cover for the shitty things they do.

And these empty soulless husks of human beings have the gall to go after parts of the player base when they legitimately call out Madeline Rioux for her racist misandrist comments

All the diversity shit is performative

They will call it: Womancon and only allow female players cuz u know man bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    If Blizzard said Blizzcon was Nov this year and tickets go on sale tomorrow, the tickets would be sold out tomorrow.

There are a lot of angry people on forums RE: the story, but trust me, on the whole, the majority don't really care.
    It is not about the people tho. If this goes to court, chances are that lawyer require certain names to cease public appearance and public word for a little while. This has happened before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post

Did you read the post?

"And please.. do not post if you don´t have anything productive or related to say. Just.. keep it on topic!"

How hard is it to follow a basic, simple rule?

I will laugh if they still keep up with their virtual signaling
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Nah Blizzcon is something major for Blizzard. And just because people in general are not thaaaat fond of blizzard right now the tickets would still be sold out quite fast.

Not only for exposure but also for the employees too. It will come back. I guess in 2023 tbh.

Maybe the will hold an extra blizzconline at the start of every year extra.
    I also think 2023 might be the earliest. I´d guess they would try to time it with announcing the next expansion, so that it would keep all of the attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Another topic that comes out of the current situation is this. Will there be a next Blizzcon?

Now, like it or not, Blizzcon always gathered many players and served as a launch platform for many Blizz gaming matters. So I find it a fairly normal topic to talk about.

I think that we will not see a Blizzcon for a while, not until this situation is cleared.. but then again, that could take years so.. could that really be the end of Blizzcon? or do you think that they will host it regardless? Truth be told, none can control what some participants might do/say on camera. Which is why I am doubting its happening. Lawyers might advice against it because of its natural public exposure. But maybe I am wrong there.

And please.. do not post if you don´t have anything productive or related to say. Just.. keep it on topic!
    They already announced no BlizzCon this year but most likely another virtual one again if anything. But right now, they have some clean-up to do, and new names to build up to fill in the gaps that have been left behind in the wake.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the end of Blizzard tbh.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the law suit, I think most convention operators are going to have a tough time over the next couple of years. I can't imagine what the last year has done to insurance premiums and hire costs with everyone trying to claw back a years worth of lost earnings. I'm sure they'll be thinking twice as to whether or not to go ahead with '22.

Honestly, yes I agree, what has come out is utterly, disgusting and i feel sorry for all the people that had to go through that but at the same time you cannot judge everyone by a these awful people there are still good people there. No doubt these same good people will be now getting abuse/Death threats because of all this which is equally disgusting. You cannot call people Guilty by association.

Let's put it that way, I'm pretty sure they are more than happy that they already canceled this year's and plan to do another onesided online event .

The idea of seeing JAB trying to fake sincerity at another tear jerking opening speech is certainly not high on my list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Its the end of Blizzard tbh.
    Nah, gamers have way too little self control for that.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-23 at 08:57 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I believe Blizzcon events will resume when (if) the pandemic starts being treated rationally and scientifically and is finally over.

For the allegations I only have two things:
    1. Innocent until proven guilty
    2. The guilty must bear the consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    You must be the most popular 17 year old in 9th grade.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go back to Blizzcon. I'm wearing my Blizzcon 2019 t shirt right now

It's both an event and a holiday for me. Last one I drove up from LA to Lake Tahoe, then to Vegas and back to LA. I'm aware of the current situation but it doesn't stop me wanting a good vacation and Blizzcon is a good event regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Given the importance of highlighting their products, they can't afford to NOT have Blizzcon. Most likely, wouldn't they just hold it online so they can control their messages? Get their game info out, avoid the legal troubles topic, and hope that they didn't tank the entire company because some dudes never learned that women are also people.

I certainly can't believe Brack will receive a warm welcome after it was revealed he condoned misogyny and rape within his company.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

No, there’s just going to be more propaganda about how inclusive and women friendly they are forced into them now.

The next one will probably be the bare minimum.
    Blizzard has taken silence and non-communication to the next level this last year.
    Im not sure if they are totally out of touch with what customers want or what in the world is going on

A little hint about Sylvanas, explaining how they are gonna work on balance/systems, "we have heard your voices": Giving us the option to swap covenants easier. And a teaser from the place the Jailor traveled (Probably just showcase a random beast, some kind of titan or something blah blah)