Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    People who can't be bothered to vote never deserved such right in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    No. It's just the us voting system is archaic and ultimately dumb. Any valid argument fails within a broken system like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Except that's not what you said. So don't try to backpedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Except you should probably stop talking to strawman in your head and read what people say. But that's just you flaming
    I don't understand people like you. Do you just forget what you wrote fifteen minutes ago?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's poisoning the well. Every time that issue comes up people talk of pedophiles, murderers, terrorists and whatnot.

    Most felonies are shit like DUIs, possession charges (this is where racism comes into play too, as minorities are much more likely to be charged and convincted for possession than white people, despite of the fact that statistically the likelihood of being a user is statistically identical), people who smoked a joint or whatnot shouldn't have their voting rights restricted.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That argument automatically fails to hold any value once you realize that

    1. People have jobs and other obligations and in the US voting day is not a holiday or even a weekend day.
    2. Access to voting is restricted via things like few polling stations at remote locations, requirement for pre-registration instead of automatic eligibility and by restrictions on alternative means of voting.

    So yeah. Your arguments are dumb.
    And obviously not voting you can't be hassle to take a day off and then letting the Republican be elected then blaming it on the system

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And obviously not voting you can't be hassle to take a day off and then letting the Republican be elected then blaming it on the system
    Some people can’t afford to take a day off. It’s basically voting or stay employed.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I wonder what people think felons are going to vote for that's so dangerous to society. You think they'll be able to vote themselves out of prison, or vote to have their records expunged? Good luck with that.
    One could argue that being convicted means you lose your right as a citizen until you have done your time in jail.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Some people can’t afford to take a day off. It’s basically voting or stay employed.
    Obviously, it should be changed. In my country, voting day is always sunday and you can also allow someone else to vote for you once you have declared him at the police station.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    One could argue that being convicted means you lose your right as a citizen until you have done your time in jail.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Obviously, it should be changed. In my country, voting day is always sunday and you can also allow someone else to vote for you once you have declared him at the police station.
    There are states where felons can’t vote after they’ve been released. Are you walking back your claim that people who don’t vote should lose the right to vote? How about mocking them for being pissed when Republicans get elected because they literally suppress the vote to ensure that it happens?

  6. #66
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,964
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Their fundamental right to vote... Citizens are equal but society doesn't want to give everyone the right to vote.

    For Republicans I can understand their reasoning because they think voting is a privilege to be earned, even though I disagree with their position.
    I think there is an important distinction to be made here, which is between those who should have the privilege's to vote through the course of legal citizenry and those not legit or legally authorized to do so.

    It could be stated they are one in the same positions, but in terms of practice they aren't.


    Personally any right that can be taken away in my opinion is NOT a right it is always a privilege whether it's honestly addressed in that reality or not.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,937
    So does this mean they conceed that gun ownership is not a right but a privilege?

  8. #68
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,964
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    So does this mean they conceed that gun ownership is not a right but a privilege?
    If we are talking about whether you have something that is your right, it isn't.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  9. #69
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post


    Personally any right that can be taken away in my opinion is NOT a right it is always a privilege whether it's honestly addressed in that reality or not.
    Thats silly. Its also dangerous. All rights can be taken away. None of this is actual natural law so maybe ought to accept the reality that rights flow from political authority and political authority is given by the consent of the governed. Well at least theoretically in a democracy.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-07-23 at 01:39 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are states where felons can’t vote after they’ve been released. Are you walking back your claim that people who don’t vote should lose the right to vote? How about mocking them for being pissed when Republicans get elected because they literally suppress the vote to ensure that it happens?
    And I am pretty sure that this mindset is the issue (we can't vote because ...), but you do you.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And I am pretty sure that this mindset is the issue (we can't vote because ...), but you do you.
    No, it’s not a mindset. It’s actual barriers that exist with more being erected in dozens of states.

  12. #72
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thats silly. Its also dangerous. All rights can be taken away. None of this is actual natural law so maybe ought to accept the reality that rights flow from political authority and political authority is given by the consent of the governed. Well at least theoretically in a democracy.
    No it's not silly it's reality. You can try to intellectually jerk yourself off about it but the truth is if it's a right I have, there isn't anything to discuss concerning conditions.

    I have to eat, I have to evacuate my biological matter, those are rights god given rights, and you can't take them, if you do then there is no point in a discussion because I wouldn't be alive to contest.

    The founding fathers were very smart and arguably evil men, but they also sold a lot of bullshit.


    A RIGHT is a RIGHT it can't be taken from you. We can either observe those rights, OR we become Germany 1940's
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  13. #73
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post


    A RIGHT is a RIGHT it can't be taken from you. We can either observe those rights, OR we become Germany 1940's
    Of course it can. Its not immutable, its not gravity. Its incredible naive to take this view. Its also dangerous because instead of acknowledging that rights are constructs of the political process you get this quasi religious bullshit worship of them.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And obviously not voting you can't be hassle to take a day off and then letting the Republican be elected then blaming it on the system
    Right-to-work legislation. They can fire you for taking time off to vote.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    One could argue that being convicted means you lose your right as a citizen until you have done your time in jail.
    The criminal justice system is supposed to rehabilitate prisoners. One way you rehabilitate them is having them participate in democracy.

  15. #75
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Of course it can. Its not immutable, its not gravity. Its incredible naive to take this view. Its also dangerous because instead of acknowledging that rights are constructs of the political process you get this quasi religious bullshit worship of them.
    Well it is you seem to be confused, a right is not something you can control or seek to, that is the point. There are things YOU NEED to LIVE period whether they are by physical means or psychological. Is is a LIE to pretend otherwise which has more to do with authority than anything else.

    We Feed Prisoners because they NEED those things it is a RIGHT!

    We Feed Soldiers Because they NEED FOOD it is their right, if we don't they DIE simple as that.


    They do NOT have the Rights to freedom of Speech, You can live without it, and the great many idiots we have going around, most would live a lot better off without it.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Right-to-work legislation. They can fire you for taking time off to vote.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The criminal justice system is supposed to rehabilitate prisoners. One way you rehabilitate them is having them participate in democracy.
    That is why I said "argue" as in debate. Both points are valid. So maybe we could find a middle ground between them.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    People who can't be bothered to vote never deserved such right in the first place
    Quite a statement for komrade komissar coming from Russia, where voting is just as useful as it is in North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  18. #78
    Epic! Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, it’s not a mindset. It’s actual barriers that exist with more being erected in dozens of states.
    You mean making sure only eligible voters do vote? Because that's a nice thing to do that makes all the sense in the world. Name another country where people dont need an ID and a registration to vote, which is also not a third world shithole
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-07-23 at 03:08 PM.
    Lives matter

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    You mean making sure only eligible voters do vote? Because that's a nice thing to do that makes all thr sense on the world. Name another country where people dont need an ID and a registration to vote, which is also not a third world shithole
    So now you're going to claim that voter suppression doesn't exist? Good lord comrade

    Like you even know what voting is, outside of reading about it in a book lol. You're country is king of voter suppression, no?

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    You mean making sure only eligible voters do vote? Because that's a nice thing to do that makes all the sense in the world. Name another country where people dont need an ID and a registration to vote, which is also not a third world shithole
    Explain how closing polling places is making sure only eligible voters are voting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •