Leveling and not being able to play new content

I couldnt find any good asnwer yet, but is there no way to access endwalker without having to play 100-200 quests from the expansion before ? I just finished heavensward, and while it was fun , questing all day alone isnt to amazing, but playing dunegons is useless as you would out level your quests, which you need to do or every content is locked.

Is that just reality to acceept?

you could always buy a boost, but honestly i'd advise against it.
    personally i found lvling 2 jobs at the same time worked out for me, that way i didnt outlevel the msq when i did dungeons & trials between
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I couldnt find any good asnwer yet, but is there no way to access endwalker without having to play 100-200 quests from the expansion before ? I just finished heavensward, and while it was fun , questing all day alone isnt to amazing, but playing dunegons is useless as you would out level your quests, which you need to do or every content is locked.

Yes, since the game is story based you would have zero context as to what is happening in Endwalker if you do not go through the story. That said, the only way around that i know of is you can buy story skips from the shop, but that is it afaik.

Unfortunately, yes, thats reality, i recall though reading somewhere that even yoshi-p acknowledges this so, let see what endwalkers does to fix this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, thats reality, i recall though reading somewhere that even yoshi-p acknowledges this so, let see what endwalkers does to fix this
    It has been predicted that since the first major post launch patch in Endwalker introduces a new "meta" story (no longer Hydalen vs Zodiark), that is the earliest we will see some change to the leveling process. Yoshi has definitely commented on the length of time it takes players to catch up to friends, so I think it is a safe bet we will get some improvement.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Yes. Leveling isn't the point in FF. It just happens. The point is the story. Read, enjoy the characters and story. Do not rush. Do side activities for variety if you want.

It's not WoW. The point isn't to be at max level asap and the game does not discard old content. There is no hamster wheel max level power loop. No reason to rush. The journey is the best part.

I really just want to play with friends without having to play 300h of solo mode :/ The story is nice and all, but its a mmorpg not only a rpg

edit : i also dont want to skip the story, just do it maybe later. not being forced

I've always been of the mind that if you are going to buy a story boost for your first playthrough of FF14, it's not the game for you. Story is the foundation of FF14, which is what sets it apart from the other MMOs. I get where you're coming from though, but it's similar to playing WoW if you have no interest in raiding/M+. There is stuff to do, but you're skipping the main course for the salad bar. That said, you have plenty of time to catch up prior to Endwalker unless your friends want you for raiding right now.

I really just want to play with friends without having to play 300h of solo mode :/ The story is nice and all, but its a mmorpg not only a rpg

edit : i also dont want to skip the story, just do it maybe later. not being forced
    thats where you are wrong kiddo, its a JRPG first, MMO second

Then do so! =) there's loads of content at each of the level caps for each xpac you can do together- there's no need to wait untill you're max level to do it. One of my favorite pasttimes was getting the alexander savage gear instead of the poetics gear at 60.

just because its not current expansion doesnt mean it doesnt have value doing.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Other than running max level dungeons/ or going on hunts there is nothing your friends can't do with you. They even get bonuses for running through dungeons with you for the first time. Ask them to do a MSQ dungeon as it comes up and enjoy the story. The rewards are nice and always worth the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

You could do the story skip, then play through the story at your leisure using new game +. Not the most ideal route, but that's just kind of how it goes. FF14 is set up more as a jrpg with mmo elements then the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    You could do the story skip, then play through the story at your leisure using new game +. Not the most ideal route, but that's just kind of how it goes. FF14 is set up more as a jrpg with mmo elements then the other way around.
    You can also do this, but watch all the missed* cutscenes at an inn in one of the major cities. I do believe this is still an option.

If you buy a skip it simply "completes" all of the story up through whatever particular skip version you got.

There is a "New Game +" feature that will allow you to go back and play the story if this is what you choose to do, there are no rewards for doing so, but it was implemented specifically for people to go back and replay the story they may have missed, forgotten, skipped, etc...

There is no free option at this time.

It's been awhile since I played FFXIV but if they add XP gains to New Game + that would honestly make this entire point moot.

Your friend can start a new game at Stormblood, level with you through content, and then you're both at Endwalker ready to uh...walk to the end. Like I said, I haven't played in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    You can also do this, but watch all the missed* cutscenes at an inn in one of the major cities. I do believe this is still an option.
    You will really be missing out on the experience. A lot of characterization and plot happens in not cutscene NPC dialogue, and there are the solo missions as well.

What @Dakhath said is correct. FFXIV is not a "rush to level cap where the real game begins" kind of experience. It's a singleplayer JRPG first, and an MMO second. If you don't like the JRPG and just want an MMO, then stick with WoW.

So FF14 is not like wow, the raids at 80 are just at 80, your friends can help you with stuff at 50 60 70 and 80, there is literally no difference except the lower lvl stuff you can use blue mage or unsycned. The only real thing is maybe Bozja.

Rushing does not help you, you can either do a lvl 80 dungeon or a lvl 70 dungeon one is not more crazy than the other they are just different.

Gearing in FF14 really does not matter much either, you do fights for fun, you can lvl sync lower lvl raids or even min ilvl it and some things force you to min ilvl it for cosmetics.

Basically lvl 80 just gives you more to do and when you havent even done the low lvl stuff yet is silly to rush to. Because endwalker people will still do the lvl 80 raids and when it dies down i guarntee you there will be a relic weapon requiring you to do them synced anyway

Your friends can run any dungeons/trials/raids you happen upon along the way with you. It'll sync them down to appropriate level so they won't be curbstomping everything for you...unless you run things unsynced which would allow them to do that. Your choice.

Well that's to be expected, it is final fantasy in it's truest for to be fair. You usually gotta plow through the quests until you get to the good or new parts.