Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I didn’t get the training part in the second e-mail.

In USA people with a job need specific training to learn that harassing women and/or being racist is bad?
    A lot of that was odd, she really stressed how much they are doing, of note, just in the past few years realistically and I am sure it has not been widely known by all employee's about ASK or whatever it was at the time these things are alleged to have happened, but, then you realise, just how many programmes and reporting avenues and oversight do this place need for them to accept the basic courtesy of not being a sex pest. Shake my fucking head.

Anyways thats not what the community cares about if we are honest, at the very least its expected this will not happen again going forward, that should be basic fucking sense. Whats wanted is accountability for the things that HAVE already happaned.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I didn’t get the training part in the second e-mail.

In USA people with a job need specific training to learn that harassing women and/or being racist is bad?
    Unfortunately yes, most employers are required to show a video on harassment.

Brack is a disgrace. In a different article on Wowhead - Brack was 100% aware of Afsraibi's repetitive misconduct and did absolutely NOTHING about it. Between the whole Blitzchung incident, Warcraft III reforged and now this latest debauchery, not to mention the release of a mediocre (at best) Shadowlands, I wouldn't be surprised Brack is gone by 1st Q 2022.

real talk... none of this matters because every day ya'll will still be giving money to blizzard and choose to forget about these incidents in a month...
    and then start making posts about asking for when patch 9.2 or 9.3 is comming

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    What people want: Concrete solutions. Here's what WE DID TO FIX THE PROBLEM

Here's what we're getting: This is all bullshit because we totally already fixed the problems that didn't exist because they're lying...blahblahblah

Disgusting. And from a woman? Even more disgusting.
    I found Christie Golden's tweets about this to be disgusting. "I'm a queen and treated like one, and I'm gonna pretend I didn't know about any of it, because I was in a position of power to do something about it, and didn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And to absolutely nobody's surprise, Reforged was Dead on Arrival.
    Aye, the first screenshots showing the realistic aesthetic already shows that the project was going to be creatively bankrupt.

How to spot a lie/misleading:
    "The Activision companies of today, the Activision companies that I know, are great companies with good values. When I joined the Executive Leadership Team, I was certain that I was joining a company where I would be valued, treated with respect, and provided opportunities equal to those afforded to the men of the company.".

Pay attention to the emphasize of the 'I'.

"I did not have sex with that woman". I is the letter - where you put yourself away from the object - which in this case is the allegations. Also - you distance yourself from the object. Also - you are not talking on behalf of the company.

The honest letter would be we/us as organization and not a description of a mans ideal workplace - you would be much more humble, instead of giving a pitch talk.

Conclussion:
    Not telling the truth or just really bad at communication.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-07-23 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    You can keep telling yourself that, but i will stand by my own concern. Whatever happends, a massive shift will happend with all their franchises if they loose in the court.
    You have an unreasonably high amount of faith in the American judicial system from my perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    Unfortunately yes, most employers are required to show a video on harassment.
    Unfortunately "sexual harrassment training" at Blizzard didn't mean what it means most other places.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

''JAB'' big time nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    real talk... none of this matters because every day ya'll will still be giving money to blizzard and choose to forget about these incidents in a month...
    and then start making posts about asking for when patch 9.2 or 9.3 is comming
    Been unsubbed for months

That’s some great corporate tongue flapping.

Brack family saint...my god. Whatever soul and sincerity this man had is clearly gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    from what i understand, it's whatever the bros want. think like a gentlemens club letting the staff be groped and such or hooters being a "family" restaurant when the outfits are clearly only made for women of a particular figure. that said, it isn't limited to gender. the whole drinking portion would abide by this idea.
    I think it simply implies a primitive chauvinistic interaction with women. Think a ghetto rap video, calling all women your bitches and feel like they own them because they are a gift from god or something like that, sprinkled with the usual movie-frat behaviour of glorfied sexual conquest as a competition and all that.

EDIT: Btw, I need an explanation of the family saint thing to truly appreciate how much cringe it is, as I'm not familiar if that is actually a thing in the US or if he just thought it sounded good in his twisted little head where the hair clearly grew inwards.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-23 at 11:31 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

While players aren't necessarily part of the company, the following line: "It goes - with saying - it is completely unacceptable for anyone in the company to face discrimination or harassment." had me wondering why /spit is still in the game.

As a side note, whether the allegations in the lawsuit are true or not, of course the language used in the suit is exaggerated. It always is, that's lawyering 101. Don't be so quick to get hurt. Either win, or fix your internal culture.
    Last edited by aldahar; 2021-07-23 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think it simply implies a primitive chauvinistic interaction with women. Think a ghetto rap video, calling all women your bitches and feel like they own them because they are a gift from god or something like that, sprinkled with the usual movie-frat behaviour of glorfied sexual conquest as a competition and all that.

EDIT: Btw, I need an explanation of the family saint thing to truly appreciate how much cringe it is, as I'm not familiar if that is actually a thing in the US or if he just thought it sounded good in his twisted little head where the hair clearly grew inwards.
    It's not a thing, that I'm aware of. I've lived on both coasts and have friends from college all over the US, and know people all over the political spectrum, and I've never heard of any family having a "patron saint feminist". JAB's family may have (I think he's just virtue signaling as hard as he can), but it is not a normal thing.

All the people screaming right now will have forgotten this in a months time. Blizzard don't care if you're upset or you want to stage one of your cringe in-game protests.

Now shut up and play the game

One of the first things Blizzard should do to restore trust and confidence with their fans is redo Warcraft 3, and this time do it properly and give it the budget it deserves. If they did that, and it was epic, that would be a good start.

No Brack, "in the meantime just reaching out to talk to you," or any of these people, while yes, is technically an option, it is a fruitless option, as this lawsuit proves.

Very interesting how this leaked, and yet none of the claimed incidents leaked over the last 2 years. Blizzard is too big to hide any supposed institutional problems. If this was as widespread as the lawsuit claimed, Kotaku would've had a field day pumping out articles on this years ago.