Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It must really suck to be a blizzard investor, they somehow manage to get bad press every other month.
    Fixing all the damage this company has taken will be almost impossible if this keeps on going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. If he didn't send anything out, people would be bitching about "OH LOOK AT HOW THE UPPER EXECS ARE BEING SILENT! THEY MUST BE GUILTY!"
    Glad to see someone else with half a brain on page one. I can't be bothered to read anything more of these comments as I am sure that there are so many equivalents of DAE BOBBY KOTICK'S YACHT??? posts on this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's 100% damage control. J. Brack and Afrasiabi openly mocked a woman at Blizzcon during the WoW QA if we would ever see less sexualized strong women in the game. As far as I'm concerned Brack is a lying piece of shit tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcqY40Kx2RY
    Honestly, if I was given that question, I wouldn’t know how to respond. Like I was thinking, they could have asked her as an example of what appearance in women she wanted to include but then that (as they said) would come from another catalog. Which I feel goes against her motivations of including women that aren’t models.

Knew they “dun messed up” when she gave that look at the end. I’m not the best at social cues but seen her look enough to know that they messed up big.

Hopefully they have Gloria Steinem speak at the next Blizzcon.

Don't forget next week a franchise character will become part of the LGBTQ+ community.

Hopefully they can cram more 'diversity' and 'inclusivity' in their emails.

Better write that shit on their Starbucks cups too while they're at it because we all know that does a lot of good.

Almost as good as these red tape focus grouped emails.

No one should be surprised since they are copying their CCP overlords and treating their women the same. The next HR email press release they will include more training, diversity, inclusivity, safety nets placed around the building for any woman that wants to jump (just like in China), diversity, and more honor points given to employees.

Don't forget to write women's rights and diversity on your Starbucks cups so people know you "care".

15+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations on becoming the most hated game company in 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Maybe he wouldn't be in this Lose-Lose situation if he just, you know, fucking did something back then when he knew Afrasiabi was a pig? Aside from just giving him a little slap on the wrist that meant nothing.
    The most hilarious/fucked up/twisted bit is that he's probably the one that fired Afrasiabi(although after the lawsuit investigation got going) so he did more than morhaime and metzen and all the dudes that recently ran off to start companies full of "old school" devs from the "golden age" who we now know were in a position to create a company culture that wasn't harassment central - but didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    He brought up Gloria Steinem? Just reads as pandering to me, but ok.
    Thank you! I came in to say this.

It was NEVER going to be a man mentioned because it wouldn't fit the narrative which is basically using language to distance themselves from a situation they should have been aware of OR were aware of.

So they're either they knew and are saving face or are incompetent, either way, "JAB" should resign, NOT pander.

This is a sign of neglect and if the boss is neglecting the company, so will the employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Taken to it's extreme? Wolf of Wall Street.. Or actually just being a real stock broker working on Wall Street.

Neither is healthy.
    I'd say Jersey Shore is the best example of bro culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Thank you! I came in to say this.

It was NEVER going to be a man mentioned because it wouldn't fit the narrative which is basically using language to distance themselves from a situation they should have been aware of OR were aware of.

So they're either they knew and are saving face or are incompetent, either way, "JAB" should resign, NOT pander.

This is a sign of neglect and if the boss is neglecting the company, so will the employees.
    If this were a case of racial discrimination within Blizzard the revered saint of the Brack family would have been MLK or Rosa Parks or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    The most hilarious/fucked up/twisted bit is that he's probably the one that fired Afrasiabi(although after the lawsuit investigation got going) so he did more than morhaime and metzen and all the dudes that recently ran off to start companies full of "old school" devs from the "golden age" who we now know were in a position to create a company culture that wasn't harassment central - but didn't.
    This is likely true. Afrasiabi may have resigned but he was pushed and it was likely Brack that was doing the pushing. That doesn't excuse the rest of it. Brack has had plenty of time to publicly go after Blizzard's culture of retaliation, pay equity and the rest and hasn't. Morhaime hasn't come up much in the conversation here but he surely is the one that originally tolerated the corporate and office culture and set the norms on pay, etc. All of the other principles from back in the day that left during the last couple of years look differently today than before all of this came out. It may be innocent enough but it's beyond belief that Metzen and the rest didn't know. It's also not beyond belief that they left because they were fed up with it and didn't have the pull to fix anything. Eventually they'll need to be saying something. It will be interesting when they do. It's not like it was any secret that there were half a dozen or so guys who had been around for 12+ years that were at the top.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    So, it's good to have diversity, except when it's "bro culture"? What exactly is "bro culture" anyway?
    Wait, so your argument is that if people say diversity is good you believe they're implying all types of culture/people should be welcomed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    maybe i'm just not very good at understanding sayings but if a person says "it goes WITH saying", doesn't that mean that it needs to be spelled out to people? if something goes without saying, it should be common sense from what i understand.

so far as i can tell, JAB just told the people under his employment that discrimination is bad, feeling safe is good, and it takes courage to come forward. so, he is basically admitting guilt?

edit: also just want to point out, that letter (which i still have saved away) has been proven authentic by techy people. JAB being completely out of touch and saying whatever he thinks will make him seem better is not a new thing. at least to me.
    Seems like most media outlets are interpreting this as him admitting guilt. It completely contradicts the letter by their other exec

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is likely true. Afrasiabi may have resigned but he was pushed and it was likely Brack that was doing the pushing. That doesn't excuse the rest of it. Brack has had plenty of time to publicly go after Blizzard's culture of retaliation, pay equity and the rest and hasn't. Morhaime hasn't come up much in the conversation here but he surely is the one that originally tolerated the corporate and office culture and set the norms on pay, etc. All of the other principles from back in the day that left during the last couple of years look differently today than before all of this came out. It may be innocent enough but it's beyond belief that Metzen and the rest didn't know. It's also not beyond belief that they left because they were fed up with it and didn't have the pull to fix anything. Eventually they'll need to be saying something. It will be interesting when they do. It's not like it was any secret that there were half a dozen or so guys who had been around for 12+ years that were at the top.
    If Brack can be held responsible for fixing it when he was just cleanup boy then I dont see how Morhaime and Metzen can escape blame. They had the name, power and influence to say something, and were more likely than anyone else to be able to weather the storm and bring change. No one looked up to revered jay allen brack, he's a spineless toad but fuck if they aren't even more tarnished in my eyes, for running a rotten ship then jumping off right before the stink got on em.

And notice where they are now

Silent as the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    J Allen Brack and Bobby Kottick are those kind of guys, i wouldn't trust even in grave. But you know what is funny? In the end, i was right back in 2016 month before Legion launch, that Activision got more and more influence on Blizzard. Now i can laugh at all people, who said i'm hater because of that. This ship is sinking faster and faster everyday, and i hope it will meet thier glaicer soon. Hell even EA is not that ridiclous... Or Ubisoft...

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It must really suck to be a blizzard investor, they somehow manage to get bad press every other month.
    Fixing all the damage this company has taken will be almost impossible if this keeps on going.
    I mean, their stock has been stable since March so

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    My god. I think I lost what respect I had for J after that Gloria Steinem BS.

What. The. Fuck....
    You had respect for Brack?

The dude has done nothing but damage Blizzard every time he opens his fucking mouth.

"You think you do but you don't" was Brack. Classic WoW did gangbusters by releasing Classic. Retail is getting killed by both Classic and FF14.

Warcraft 3: Reforged was released on his watch. In the past Blizzard could fight off pressure from parent companies to release games with a level of polish envied by the industry. Brack let one of the worst reviewed games in gaming history out the gates.

Brack gave an insulting non-apology for the Blitzchung incident. He also spewed that BS about the ban not being influenced by Blizzard wanting access to the Chinese market.

Now this.

Blizzard would restore so much faith in the community if Brack was demoted or fired. He should not be President of Blizzard. He also should never be allowed to make a public statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyl View Post
    You had respect for Brack?

The dude has done nothing but damage Blizzard every time he opens his fucking mouth.

"You think you do but you don't" was Brack. Classic WoW did gangbusters by releasing Classic. Retail is getting killed by both Classic and FF14.

Warcraft 3: Reforged was released on his watch. In the past Blizzard could fight off pressure from parent companies to release games with a level of polish envied by the industry. Brack let one of the worst reviewed games in gaming history out the gates.

Brack gave an insulting non-apology for the Blitzchung incident. He also spewed that BS about the ban not being influenced by Blizzard wanting access to the Chinese market.

Now this.

Blizzard would restore so much faith in the community if Brack was demoted or fired. He should not be President of Blizzard. He also should never be allowed to make a public statement.
    He definitely sucks and always has.

Seems the type thats not hard to control for the Activision board, which is my guess as to why he ever got promoted and is still there.

Not sure how he’s going to get through this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look another topic where people pretend like they care what happened to the victims for the mere sake of hating on blizzard, just like with blitzchung. Bandwagons sure are fun.

This site is going down the dumps. You fail to publicise even one sentence of the actual lawsuit, but publicise in full Blizzard’s absolutely amateurish response and two leaked internal emails to distort perception of the issue. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    This site is going down the dumps. You fail to publicise even one sentence of the actual lawsuit, but publicise in full Blizzard’s absolutely amateurish response and two leaked internal emails to distort perception of the issue. Pathetic.
    No shit, this site has a financial incentive to have Blizzard continue chugging along business as usual.

If you're looking for MMO-C to do anything other than carry water for Blizzard then you're sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    But who would be willing to buy a tainted franchise
    Tencent would gobble it up like everything else. They don't give a shit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Morhaime responded.

If anything, the guys response is night and day better than Brack and Activision.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srp1ie