Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyl View Post
    Retail is getting killed by Classic
    This is false.

Yes, the head of the "boys club", who were revealed to know about and participate in all of this perversion and incompetence, totally didn't know that his employees and friends were a bunch of creepers. This is just as BS as that loser Muffinus proclaiming to stand in "solidarity" with his female coworkers by taking a "day off", yeah, it's not like he knew about this crap and is only pretending to be outraged to keep his petty little job. The lot of them are only panicking/pandering because they got caught.

If I was Bobby Kotick, the entire leadership, and everyone connected to them, would be fired and blacklisted within the week, and Blizzard would be forcibly merged with other studios in order to put actually competent people in charge, like the guys running Vicarious Visions. People who actually care about meeting product deadlines, know that they work for a corporation and not a Liberal Farts College Campus frat, and aren't a bunch of entitled and egotistical little "rockstars" who slack/grope at every opportunity because it's "Blizzard's culture". Purge them all, let homelessness sort them out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Morhaime responded.

If anything, the guys response is night and day better than Brack and Activision.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srp1ie
    And yet funnily enough Morhaime is far more to blame then Brack.

Brack was in charge during only 2 years of this stuff.
    Morhaime was in charge for 13 years of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Morhaime responded.

If anything, the guys response is night and day better than Brack and Activision.

Admitting to failing is certainly better here than the righteous indignation that was Blizzard's first official response where they try to discredit a govt. agency. It doesn't excuse it either though, as they clearly knew in one way or another and even in the best case (for them) they just chose to pretend it didn't involve them, which given their status at the company certainly does not speak highly of their character. If anything JAB should learn how to write basic PR from him, but that's about it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    This site is going down the dumps. You fail to publicise even one sentence of the actual lawsuit, but publicise in full Blizzard’s absolutely amateurish response and two leaked internal emails to distort perception of the issue. Pathetic.
    1. Really you think mmochamp is only going down hill now?

2. Then what is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Hell even EA is not that ridiclous... Or Ubisoft...
    Except ya know.. ubisoft literally just had a fucking sexual misconduct case of its own but yeah no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what people were expecting. Nobody in the company would ever lie down and take this huge lawsuit on their ass. Even if it means compromise with their belief and moral, losing this kind of lawsuit would blemish the carrier of each and every employee past, present and future, even the women. So it is no wonder that they are trying to play nice guys, again, and defending themselves.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Not sure what people were expecting. Nobody in the company would ever lie down and take this huge lawsuit on their ass. Even if it means compromise with their belief and moral, losing this kind of lawsuit would blemish the carrier of each and every employee past, present and future, even the women. So it is no wonder that they are trying to play nice guys, again, and defending themselves.
    that's just corporate bullshit 101 - never show weakness, even in the site of a lawsuit or class action lawsuit. Deny, deny, deny. 99% of the denial is purely for investors interest

These two scumbags are basically saying " Oh we respect women and are against sexual harassment but we're not going to do anything about it. But please believe us, we really respect women and are against sexual harassment"
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KYH View Post
    at least they got those activision bucks
    I thought the thing from Activision lately is they are so cheap they don't even wanna pay for 2-ply toilet paper in the bathrooms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Admitting to failing is certainly better here than the righteous indignation that was Blizzard's first official response where they try to discredit a govt. agency. It doesn't excuse it either though, as they clearly knew in one way or another and even in the best case (for them) they just chose to pretend it didn't involve them, which given their status at the company certainly does not speak highly of their character. If anything JAB should learn how to write basic PR from him, but that's about it.
    Better then being a bad fucking liar atleast. https://twitter.com/cherthedev/statu...407635457?s=20

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Afaik, this is the only statement that she's made about it.

https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...88186057388033

She basically just says that joining Blizzard as an older woman with some name recognition as an author afforded her a certain amount of respect/immunity from harassment, and that all women should be getting that same amount of respect. It doesn't really come off as arrogant or aloof to me, but more importantly, idk where the idea comes from that she's in a position of power or that she has the power to change Blizzard's culture.
    Ya that's a pretty standard post to make not sure how the other guy got any of the stuff he said from it if its the only one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    All they do nowadays is pander while not having any of the values they claim to live by.
    Let me guess...you yell "SJW CONSPIRACY" or "WOKE TRASH" at the screen any time something is headlined by anything that isn't a straight white male?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And yet funnily enough Morhaime is far more to blame then Brack.

Brack was in charge during only 2 years of this stuff.
    Morhaime was in charge for 13 years of it.
    The people doing the harrassment are the ones at fault don't forget their actions are not his. People need to stop scapegoating and face the music.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The people doing the harrassment are the ones at fault don't forget their actions are not his. People need to stop scapegoating and face the music.
    I mean, when you have numerous sexual harassment allegations against one of your senior staff, and you fail to do anything about it for years. How does morhaime not have some level of blame to all this? There's absolutely no way he didn't know about the allegations.

7+ Year Old Account
    ??? I didn't say that morhaime was more at fault then the actual abusers. But he's still at fault for knowing about it, then doing nothing about it. Then lying that he didn't know about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I mean, when you have numerous sexual harassment allegations against one of your senior staff, and you fail to do anything about it for years. How does morhaime not have some level of blame to all this? There's absolutely no way he didn't know about the allegations.
    He did, one of his employees outted him just a bit ago after his fake apology

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "I did nothing to stop abuse and even made sure it continued but I didn't do it my self so I'm blame free" is a pretty stupid stance to hold.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. If he didn't send anything out, people would be bitching about "OH LOOK AT HOW THE UPPER EXECS ARE BEING SILENT! THEY MUST BE GUILTY!"
    Well, yeah, he's damned. It's been going on under his leadership for at least a few years. He's the president of Blizzard, it ultimately is his responsibility to make sure employees are looked after and he failed. There was nothing he could say or not say that would make it better. He probably should have resigned after such a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morhaime responded.

Noted that he didn't say a word about pay equity for women. I'm quite certain that was a fact during his years there as CEO.

- - - Updated - - -

Actual harassment is only a small part of this. A lot of the lawsuit was about equal pay for women, equal opportunity for promotion for women, and a culture that would not retaliate if a report was made. ALL of that is something that Morhaime was instrumental in creating. Every bit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    This is false.
    wrap it up guys, we can go home - the prophet has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Noted that he didn't say a word about pay equity for women. I'm quite certain that was a fact during his years there as CEO.

- - - Updated - - -

Actual harassment is only a small part of this. A lot of the lawsuit was about equal pay for women, equal opportunity for promotion for women, and a culture that would not retaliate if a report was made. ALL of that is something that Morhaime was instrumental in creating. Every bit.
    Yup, Morheime is not any better than Brack or any of the others. It's just personal bias if people think other wise.