Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey atleast there may be some changes like for example to the absolute dog shit lore that's been going on for years now and only gets worse.

Or to wow in general.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    u mean firing 10% of staff wasn't purely janitors and actually effected game development? 'shocking'

Lol that Gloria Steinham reference, reading I literally said 'jeeezus' out loud. I wonder if he wrote that himself... if he did he's incredibly unself aware of how his statement reads or would look to the average person. If it was written by a PR person... lol.

Also internal memos 'leaking' if thats what is supposed to have happened here...
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Ion hasn't been implicated and firing him would be incredibly stupid.
    Ion is guilty of is sexually abusing the wow design with his horrible systems.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And yet funnily enough Morhaime is far more to blame then Brack.
    If I understand the law correctly (I am not a lawyer), he's not personally on the hook for this now. This is unlike New York, where a manager can be personally liable for some actions of a subordinate in cases like these.

I imagine the CA investigators have been all over former Blizzard people like Morhaime. I bet he's singing like a bird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u mean firing 10% of staff wasn't purely janitors and actually effected game development? 'shocking'
    1. Fire non-developers.

2. Get developers to cover for some of what they were doing.

3. Claim "we didn't fire any developers."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If I understand the law correctly (I am not a lawyer), he's not personally on the hook for this now. This is unlike New York, where a manager can be personally liable for some actions of a subordinate in cases like these.

I imagine the CA investigators have been all over former Blizzard people like Morhaime. I bet he's singing like a bird.
    Whether or not piercing the corporate veil is possible (which seems unlikely given the nature of the suit) is kinda immaterial to how "to blame" he is. There is often (sadly) quite the stark difference between actual culpability and legal responsibility.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Wonder if Blizz is just going to clean house and fire Brack/Ion/Danuser and start over.

well, stuff might be already happening in the background

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    wrap it up guys, we can go home - the prophet has spoken.
    ? I was just correcting information he got wrong, the only thing we have to use (and what was making the rounds not to long ago) was mmopopulation, which has retail above classic. Even during when that was making the rounds, retail still had more players. if you wish to continue discussing this, we can move it to dms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatta View Post
    This almost reads as a farewell letter/resignation
    We can only hope. only way These games going to get better and work environment safer ..... Wash away all the trash, please take Ion to. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    That's interesting. His LinkedIn profile still says Lead Game Designer. Have to watch and see what's happening with that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I’m sorta sure I heard a little while ago he’s heading up the Warcraft mobile game.

Guess we’ll find out soon.

They pretend to care so deeply yet somehow players (streamers specifically) who act this way are still allowed to not only play but also compete. Imagine how victims feel when they're harassed by these players and report them, only to see them succeeding in Blizz-hosted tournaments. They can address bugs regarding the World First race in a matter of hours, yet it takes them nearly a week to respond to this, which by the way, seemed only to come out after Asmongold's video.

3+ Year Old Account
    free Hong Kong, btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice virtue signaling. Fix your shit, Blizzard.

fyi this guy had same job/title as ghostcrawler back in wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It must really suck to be a blizzard investor, they somehow manage to get bad press every other month.
    Fixing all the damage this company has taken will be almost impossible if this keeps on going.
    They r runnin perfectly to the bottom in PR since diablo immortal presentation. I have no clue how is it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    And by "fight", I of course mean lightly lecturing my employees about not getting wasted at parties. Those silly little rascals!
    To be fair: That's the root of it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Morhaime had no business making a statement like that and basically admitting that the lawsuit was valid. His statement hurts the company and their legal procedures and was uncalled for. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Morhaime had no business making a statement like that and basically admitting that the lawsuit was valid. His statement hurts the company and their legal procedures and was uncalled for. He should have kept his mouth shut.
    Why should he be looking to protect a company he is no longer associated with, especially given the intent of this response is to preemptively cover his own/his company's ass?

A company would throw you under the bus in a second, there is absolutely no reason an actual in persona human shouldn't do the same to a soulless corporation.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    his lawyers probably told him to distance himself from all this as much as possible. And don't even pretend that he hasn't talked about all this to his legal council. And him hurting the company, I'm pretty sure he doesn't give two shits about Blizzard any more. A few years ago, maybe, before he was pushed out, but certainly not now.