Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So the game is practically annoying for AH usage unless you pay 10 million gold.

This game has clearly developed an obsession with selling tokens for real money because there is no way that a developer that actually tries to make a fun game thinks it's fun to make it so that crafters have to go back and forth between major cities to get mats from AH vs mats from vendors.

The proof it's a broken system with ulterior motives is that it's not even fair or balanced; if you happened to have had gold in ANOTHER EXPANSION you'd have a mobile AH cheaper; or if you had a lot of mommy's money to pay for it you'd still have an advantage with it.

If you aren't an engineer, you've had to go back to major cities since...ever? It's not like the portal is that inconvenient...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    If you aren't an engineer, you've had to go back to major cities since...ever? It's not like the portal is that inconvenient...
    What are you talking about. The VERY FIRST EXPANSION of the game had auction houses in the new major city hub; WotLK had an auction house in the city (maybe not in all patches though (not sure)); WoD definitely had an auction house in the hub too and Cata was also convenient.
    Sometimes I wonder if people want to support Blizzard so much that they don't even want to remember the game itself.

My god, how one earth did people manage for the previous..... ~13 years..... before longboy was in the game.

I think you'll have to ask the... millions of people.... who somehow managed to make do just fine..... for ~13 years.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    What are you talking about. The VERY FIRST EXPANSION of the game had auction houses in the new major city hub;
    Added in Cata.

WotLK had an auction house in the city (maybe not in all patches though (not sure));
    For engineers at launch, made available to all in Cata.

WoD definitely had an auction house in the hub too
    Correct, and one craftable for your garrison.

Beyond that: MoP for engineers in both shrines, Legion Dalaran also engineer-only, BFA engineer-only or purchasable mount, and now SL has an engineer AH in Oribos. Pretty standard fare for engineer auction house to go global after the expansion's over.

Truly puzzled why you continue to sub to a game that you have nothing but hate for.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    My god, how one earth did people manage for the previous..... ~13 years..... before longboy was in the game.

I think you'll have to ask the... millions of people.... who somehow managed to make do just fine..... for ~13 years.
    I think you need to remember the game itself; the first first expansion had convenient auction houses in the city and the same was true in WoD and Cata at least.
    This is clearly part of the scheme to sell gold with money because there is no way a sane person that likes crafting can enjoy this situation without longboi.
    It has been clearly worse with BfA and it's obviously on purpose because of the mount (e.g. the enchanting vendors were a 2 minute+ travel!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Added in Cata.
    What are you talking about. Why would Outlands have auction houses because of Deathwing? They were there from the start.

What are you talking about. Why would Outlands have auction houses because of Deathwing? They were there from the start.
    Uh.. no...

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=50140/au...nts:id=1180946

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=50145/au...nts:id=1180955

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Auctioneer_Lyrsara

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Auctioneer_Braku

Cataclysm. I was there. There are plenty of things to be mad about in this game, this is not one of them.

What are you talking about. The VERY FIRST EXPANSION of the game had auction houses in the new major city hub; WotLK had an auction house in the city (maybe not in all patches though (not sure)); WoD definitely had an auction house in the hub too and Cata was also convenient.
    Sometimes I wonder if people want to support Blizzard so much that they don't even want to remember the game itself.
    Just to be clear - you think TBC had AH in Shat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Pretty standard
    And by the way: you can't be serious that it's been pretty standard since BfA. The trainers and some vendors were a TWO MINUTE TRAVEL from the major hub (at least for Horde). It was clearly part of a wider scheme to make it annoying compared to other expansions so that longboi becomes too important.

15+ Year Old Account
    And by the way: you can't be serious that it's been pretty standard since BfA. The trainers and some vendors were a TWO MINUTE TRAVEL from the major hub (at least for Horde). It was clearly part of a wider scheme that involved longboi and trying to make it too important in order to not be annoying to be a crafter/ah player.
    Standard since forever with the exception of WoD, which no one was really hanging out at the hubs, yeah.

I mean, sucks for Horde? Alliance trainers were around the corner.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When did they add a AH to Dalaran in Wrath, as far as I knew only engineers had access to a Northrend AH.

Standard since forever with the exception of WoD, which no one was really hanging out at the hubs, yeah.

I mean, sucks for Horde? Alliance trainers were around the corner.
    I don't know if they fucked up when they designed Horde but it looked on purpose to me, because the exact same expansion had longboi in it.
    There was NEVER another expansion that had a multiple-minute travel to go from the major hub to a trainer or vendor of mats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like bro you can't actually be arguing details of TBC when we literally have a Blizz-created TBC classic to prove you wrong in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    When did they add a AH to Dalaran in Wrath, as far as I knew only engineers had access to a Northrend AH.
    I believe they made it global at a point and then reverted it, not sure though. In any case this whole subdiscussion is irrelevant since it's been clear that they made it more annoying to go back and forth between auction houses and trainers/vendors since BfA (especially for horde) which coincided with longboi .

I think you need to remember the game itself; the first first expansion had convenient auction houses in the city and the same was true in WoD and Cata at least.
    This is clearly part of the scheme to sell gold with money because there is no way a sane person that likes crafting can enjoy this situation without longboi.
    It has been clearly worse with BfA and it's obviously on purpose because of the mount (e.g. the enchanting vendors were a 2 minute+ travel!).

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just ignore the post saying those were added later?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    i never had over 2 million gold but since there was a lot of m + run sells in BFA i jump on the wagon and made 5 million in 3 weeks and got my long boy ezpz

Like bro you can't actually be arguing details of TBC when we literally have a Blizz-created TBC classic to prove you wrong in.
    It's irrelevant to the main point anyway. It was clearly made more annoying since BfA (especially for horde).

Besides: it's not even balanced: a kid with mommy's money can guy the mobile ah and have fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    i never had over 2 million gold but since there was a lot of m + run sells in BFA i jump on the wagon and made 5 million in 3 weeks and got my long boy ezpz
    It's completely broken and imbalanced whatever you did personally. For one: you didn't even do it now; you literally say that you have an advantage because IN ANOTHER EXPANSION you happened to farm a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's irrelevant to the main point anyway. It was clearly made more annoying since BfA (especially for horde).

Besides: it's not even balanced: a kid with mommy's money can guy the mobile ah and have fun.
    That wasn't the point you were making. The point you were making got eviscerated. Nothing has changed, barring the exception of WoD.

If you were rich going into BFA, you got a mobile AH. Making the mobile AH limited was absolutely a ploy for token purchases, yes. Currently? With how rare it is to even show? Nah, we just returned to status quo.