Korthia skip for alts

I'm glad this exists (good job Blizz) but I noticed after researching you miss quite a bit of anima and also an armor/item chest quest from Bolvar. So unlike other skips where you just miss out on some gold and maybe XP, here you miss out on some more valuable rewards.

So my questions are... does anyone know the exact list of things you miss out on? Seem to see different reports.

And what have you all been doing with your alts, do you think the skip is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm glad this exists (good job Blizz) but I noticed after researching you miss quite a bit of anima and also an armor/item chest quest from Bolvar. So unlike other skips where you just miss out on some gold and maybe XP, here you miss out on some more valuable rewards.

So my questions are... does anyone know the exact list of things you miss out on? Seem to see different reports.

And what have you all been doing with your alts, do you think the skip is worth it?

Skip no question. You get a lot if anima now from other sources and the one armor piece will not last long. Especially since you can just send the armaments frrom your main and buy 200/233 crafted gear from AH. I was ~205 on my shaman after 40mins at 60 and I did skip the Korthia intro.

I don't think you really miss out on anything too big other than 10 stygian embers or something like that (i believe). Anima is so easy to get now - I probably get around 2.5-3k just from spending 45 minutes in Korthia doing the dailies/rares/treasures every day, the world bosses give 500 now so anima shouldn't be much of an issue. You also can get the armor pieces quite easily in Korthia so that's not really a big deal either. The stygian embers is the only 'big' thing you miss out on that I know of.

From the scenario you miss out on about 500 Anima + Weapon
    After that you will then miss out on the Bolvar quest that gives another 500 Anima + 10 Stygian Embers + Chest with various items. This quest is to complete the three intro dailies.
    Along with renown if you are behind.

One thing to note is that if you only want the weapon and 500 anima from the scenario. You can do the scenario and then when you go back to Oribos you can talk to Bolvar and choose to skip the rest.

Personally, I just do the entire line as it takes about 20-30 minutes depending on how geared you are.

What I wish there was a skip for was the rest of the chapter where you have to follow Ve'nari, then do Skyhold, then come back and do the eye just to open up assaults.

Here's a bigger breakdown since you skip

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    the world bosses give 500 now so anima shouldn't be much of an issue.
    That's only if you are Renown 46, which a lot of people probably won't be at on their alts who are heading into Korthia at first.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2021-07-24 at 08:00 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Skip, it's already painful you have repeat campaign on your alt, and this time we have just 1, not 4.

The Korthia quest line takes about 30-45 minutes, in that time I can easily farm more than you miss out by skipping it by simply running around and opening chests and killing rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The Korthia quest line takes about 30-45 minutes, in that time I can easily farm more than you miss out by skipping it by simply running around and opening chests and killing rares.
    You could, but you would still be missing on out on it since you can't get it back. Korthia unlock also only takes about 20 minutes and that's around the 180-190 ilvl range. For most alts they'll be anima starved and getting at least Tier 1 of everything up and running will take a bit so that missing 500 or so would be beneficial to a lot.

Either way it's up to the person on what they feel is the best, but there isn't a right or wrong answer on this even if you look at it as "I can farm all that back up in no time" since it's still missing.