Did streamers know?

I know the streamers are basically one of us, but this is technically their job (income) and a lot of them in the last few months started migrating to FF14, I know Wow isn't at the best it has been but I can't help but think, Maybe they knew before, that this new shocking/sh*t infos will explode soon and they need a backup Plan after all they provide to themselves/families from it. Honestly, if it's the case I don't blame them but I can't explain if they knew why didn't they speak up, maybe or maybe not would of saved those ladies months of this sh*t plus the shocked reaction on stream for this...
    Mixed feelings... I hope every last one of the people that partook on this sh*t current/former at blizz to be punished to the full extent of the law. and the same to any other company.

how the heck would they know?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Idk, most of them have contacts in the company or know people who work there... this thing seems like it was known by most workers

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, they are the epitome of bandwagon syndrome. Whereever theres big views at for their silly stream/youtube channel, they jump to. Its easy as that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

streamers don't work for blizzard so if they'd known something they wouldn't be under the same kinds of pressures of potentially losing their livelihoods if they're caught leaking information. the news would have gotten out much sooner if they'd known
    as for them moving to other games, they have not just their own attention spans to consider but that of their audience. WoW is an old game, a still very successful old game with new content but still an old game. it's increasingly difficult to generate the same levels of excitement about it as a new game can. streamers will move on to new games because people have seen far less of them and are less likely to have tried them themselves yet

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    streamers don't work for blizzard so if they'd known something they wouldn't be under the same kinds of pressures of potentially losing their livelihoods if they're caught leaking information. the news would have gotten out much sooner if they'd known
    as for them moving to other games, they have not just their own attention spans to consider but that of their audience. WoW is an old game, a still very successful old game with new content but still an old game. it's increasingly difficult to generate the same levels of excitement about it as a new game can. streamers will move on to new games because people have seen far less of them and are less likely to have tried them themselves yet
    You make a good point. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Oh please, they are the epitome of bandwagon syndrome. Whereever theres big views at for their silly stream/youtube channel, they jump to. Its easy as that.
    some of them seem really invested in wow... dunno but that's super true for some

7+ Year Old Account
    They all knew. They've all been to the "parties". They all saw the pictures. They all knew the woman committed suicide.

If you are still watching these streamers, you are directly supporting this abhorrent behavior.

Based on what I've seen over the years with preach, the extent of communication most creators have with blizzard is an email once in a blue moon telling them to shape up or lose product codes and another one with product codes.
    Even if they had a more positive relationship with the company given none of them work at the campus (or are even employees for that matter) at best they may have heard about some unsubstantiated rumors.

This is basically like asking, did the players know? I mean they went to blizzcon right?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safio View Post
    I know the streamers are basically one of us, but this is technically their job (income) and a lot of them in the last few months started migrating to FF14, I know Wow isn't at the best it has been but I can't help but think, Maybe they knew before, that this new shocking/sh*t infos will explode soon and they need a backup Plan after all they provide to themselves/families from it. Honestly, if it's the case I don't blame them but I can't explain if they knew why didn't they speak up, maybe or maybe not would of saved those ladies months of this sh*t plus the shocked reaction on stream for this...
    Mixed feelings... I hope every last one of the people that partook on this sh*t current/former at blizz to be punished to the full extent of the law. and the same to any other company.
    Doubtful.

They are just fans with benefits. They aren't the inside job.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

OP, did you miss the longest drought of content early into the expansion towards the next big patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    They all knew. They've all been to the "parties". They all saw the pictures. They all knew the woman committed suicide.

If you are still watching these streamers, you are directly supporting this abhorrent behavior.
    Not sure if a parody of certain posters here, or for real

Vast majority of content creaters go to games website, sign up as a content creater on said website and then get early access to beta's and stuff, and maybe some free codes to give away in chat. Sometimes it's sponsored video's. It's all pretty official, and while they may have working relationships with some of these companies, that's about the extent of it. They don't really know anyone that works at these companies, the big names maybe talk to someone like once a month, smaller creators even less than that. Of course there may be a few exception, but no, they probably didn't know.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread for the topic, no need to make more.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."