Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    People like you are the ones making this into a gender issue for fuck sake.

"These guys are sexually harassing people, it's a problem"
    "Why are you saying ALL men are rapists? #NotAllMen"

Come on dude stop thinking in absolutes
    Its ClassicPeon, have you seen his posting history? His highest aspiration is to be invited into the "Cosby Suite".

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Of course Blizzard is going to criticize it lol. Like, what do you expect, them to roll over and go "yep, they're right!".

The issue you're missing here is that you literally have employees coming out one by one repeatedly to say that the investigation was RIGHT. There isn't a point anymore of "Oh well let's wait and see". How the hell are you honestly going to look at this situation, see the overwhelming evidence, criticize THAT, but then also go "well Blizzard said this thing so they're right".

If you're making it into a "what about men", you're just proving the underlying issue here.
    I'm actively trying to avoid making it into a "these are the victims - these are the bad guys" thing as opposed to certain other people in here. I havent seen how many emplyees have come out, and more importantly i havent seen when this was or what time period they are refering to.

Admittedly blizzard has had problems in the past - is it these problems the workers are refering to?

"real people have been harmed, and some women had terrible experiences."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Read my post again.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my post again.
    Except he is literally pretending it didnt happen by saying "if i had known i would have done something!" except he did know, for a long time, and he didnt do anything, so he is literally pretending it did not happen, stop trying to suck off mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

People like you are the ones making this into a gender issue for fuck sake.

"These guys are sexually harassing people, it's a problem"
    "Why are you saying ALL men are rapists? #NotAllMen"

Come on dude stop thinking in absolutes, there's no need to be this fragile whenever sexual harassers get accused of being sexual harassers.
    I'm literally not the one bringing it up no, i simply respond to people who bring up gender issues - just like i respond to people who are racist.

In general you can find me responding to people who over generalize

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    "real people have been harmed, and some women had terrible experiences."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    "real people"
    See they dont care about what they did to sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm actively trying to avoid making it into a "these are the victims - these are the bad guys" thing as opposed to certain other people in here. I havent seen how many emplyees have come out, and more importantly i havent seen when this was or what time period they are refering to.

Admittedly blizzard has had problems in the past - is it these problems the workers are refering to?
    In this thread alone people have linked Josh and a former dev Cher coming out in response to this very message from Morhaime, saying that they both tried to contact him about the rampant issues. That Cher was threatened for even trying to contact him.

Sticking your head in the sand isn't going to change that.

7+ Year Old Account
    When people start talking about building all men a city and making a wall around it to keep all women safe thats what i take from it.v

Just because you havent seen it doesnt mean its not happening - thats why we dont rely on anecdotal evidence mate.v

Blizzard has already pointed out their critique points in their reply so i will just refer to that as for poitns why it was done shoddy
    So because one random shitposter says we should build a wall around men you go "oh i guess this entire investigation is bullshit cause a coomer says he cant keep his hands off women!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Have you thought about reading up on this current issue then before defending Blizzard?

First time seeing his posts actually.
    Do you have a record of the amount of people coming out and saying this?

The problem is making this a gender issue to start with. It used to be race issues now its gender issues.v

These things are much easier to sort if americans would stop pointing fingers and putting people into boxes of collateral guilt
    I think recognizing there is a pervasive cultural problem amongst a large segment of men in the video game industry (both those who work for it simply just enjoy games) is important to acknowledge. How do you expect to work towards a solution if we don't acknowledge there's a bigger problem at large with many in the community itself that fosters this type of behavior?

I mean, we make jokes about Call of Duty lobbies and what not, but people also joke about rape, the old "get in the kitchen woman" crap, and it's pretty well known that women in gaming are often treated poorly.

I absolutely think the first step to fixing any of this is first acknowledging that there's a problem at large to begin with, not push it aside. "Collateral guilt" isn't a thing. Just because you're a man doesn't mean you're guilty by default or can't help change things for example.

In this thread alone people have linked Josh and a former dev Cher coming out in response to this very message from Morhaime, saying that they both tried to contact him about the rampant issues. That Cher was threatened for even trying to contact him.

Sticking your head in the sand isn't going to change that.
    yes i have read those and responded to them. What Lore says only confirms my suspisions that what we are dealing with here is a past issue - at least partial.

Not sure how i am sticking my head in the sand

15+ Year Old Account
    @Video Games

What have you done
    My job

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So because one random shitposter says we should build a wall around men you go "oh i guess this entire investigation is bullshit cause a coomer says he cant keep his hands off women!"
    Huh? No. Thats not what i said at all. Did you genuinely read my post and come to that conclusion?

yes i have read those and responded to them. What Lore says only confirms my suspisions that what we are dealing with here is a past issue - at least partial.

Not sure how i am sticking my head in the sand
    At what point did you get "past issue" when there was an investigation in the last two years that turned up the same results, and Josh also said he felt like his reports were doing nothing, meaning nothing was changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    *insert Anakin gif here*. You know what one.
    the I hate you one. But I don't really.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=LordVargK;53300092]
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Cannot play Blizzard games anymore knowing that all these people I looked up to have been involved in this. The name Blizzard is tainted, their games are tainted.
    /QUOTE]

Come one, we both know that this is BS. Nobody cares about who made a product, as long as the product is good. Apple treats the workers in their fabrics like shit, Amazon treats their workers like shit, Walt Disney was a huge antisemite... All those companies still thrive.
    Blizzard gets slack because they did not release a good game in years, rather contrary.

This affair did not taint Blizzard games at all, Blizzard games were tainted by mediocraty for a while now, while Blizzard acted like they produced diamonds. That's why people are really mad.
    I don't care about what Blizzard become, its what Blizzard were. Plus I was a fan of Blizzard, apple is just a thing I consume I have no passion or connection the same way I did for Blizzard.

WoW was made by people who are being accused of harassment, they stem from the people who made the game. They are literally in and around the game. They are the roots and the core of what WoW was, what Blizzard games in general were.

cool you can turn a blind I and continue to give Blizzard your money, but I cannot. I was really looking forward to playing the Diablo 2 remaster and Diablo 4, now all I see when I look at those games are the people who originally created it, who are now in the toxic frat club and not the visionaries who I inspired to be growing up.

I been playing Blizzard games since 1994, I was 11 years old at the time, Blizzard have been so much apart of my life growing up, I remember the old manuals that used to come with the old Blizzard games, those things were my bibles, I used to read them at night because back then those books would be filled with lore about the game, its because of Blizzard I got into the fantasy genre. Trust me when Metzen gets outed (and he will), I am done. forever.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-24 at 02:50 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I think recognizing there is a pervasive cultural problem amongst a large segment of men in the video game industry (both those who work for it simply just enjoy games) is important to acknowledge. How do you expect to work towards a solution if we don't acknowledge there's a bigger problem at large with many in the community itself that fosters this type of behavior?

I mean, we make jokes about Call of Duty lobbies and what not, but people also joke about rape, the old "get in the kitchen woman" crap, and it's pretty well known that women in gaming are often treated poorly.

I absolutely think the first step to fixing any of this is first acknowledging that there's a problem at large to begin with, not push it aside. "Collateral guilt" isn't a thing. Just because you're a man doesn't mean you're guilty by default or can't help change things for example.
    My honest reaction to the lobby/discord/voicecom thing is that most people treat eachothers as shit on those - especially random strangers - and that anything possible that can be used against eachother will be used against eachother. If they find out someone is a women that is then cannon fodder for them. I dont its specifically targettet against women as much as its just people using whatever they can against eachother

- - - Updated - - -

At what point did you get "past issue" when there was an investigation in the last two years that turned up the same results, and Josh also said he felt like his reports were doing nothing, meaning nothing was changing.

*insert Anakin gif here*. You know what one.
    the I hate you one. But I don't really.
    Because he was clearly refering to Mikes entire leadership period.v

The investigation taking place in the last two years doesnt mean the investigation was centered around things that happened in these last two yearsv

Are you literally trying to bully me with the meme thing or? Its kinda sus.

My honest reaction to the lobby/discord/voicecom thing is that most people treat eachothers as shit on those - especially random strangers - and that anything possible that can be used against eachother will be used against eachother. If they find out someone is a women that is then cannon fodder for them. I dont its specifically targettet against women as much as its just people using whatever they can against eachother
    i just wish more people would get this. They meme bad word dont use and then act surprised that people use it as an insult.

Key point: "no one serious"

Right, without giving any examples why they think it was done shoddily. All they said was that "it's false" - and you take their word for it, instead of the dozens of employees confirming it's correct?
    They actually did give some examples like poor communication and false allgeations. As for the "no one serious" part. It doesnt work like that.

Ah yes. Because it's never happened before that everything in a lobby is fine until someone hears a female voice. No one has ever said "I just don't feel like talking as a female on an online game".

Because he was clearly refering to Mikes entire leadership period.v

The investigation taking place in the last two years doesnt mean the investigation was centered around things that happened in these last two yearsv
    Except again, reports don't feel ignored if something was fixed.

Are you also missing that Alex Afrasiabi was named as one of the biggest offenders and he only left Blizzard a year ago?

Are you literally trying to bully me with the meme thing or? Its kinda sus.
    And totally. The response that was under Video Games's quote. That was towards Video Games.

At what point did you think that would be directed at you...

Ah yes. Because it's never happened before that everything in a lobby is fine until someone hears a female voice. No one has ever said "I just don't feel like talking as a female on an online game".

Except again, reports don't feel ignored if something was fixed.

Are you also missing that Alex Afrasiabi was named as one of the biggest offenders and he only left Blizzard a year ago?

And totally. The response that was under Video Games's quote. That was towards Video Games.

At what point did you think that would be directed at you...
    They seemingly didn't "take this serious" till the investigation started. Which was when Alex quit as well.

What's been going on FAR predates the investigation, which is the point.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg