Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Metzen just posted.

    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...76394546470913

    Make of it what you will.
    Well, it's pretty similar to Morhaime. Admission that they contributed to the culture through inaction, by being able to distance themselves from and ignore the reality of what was going on. Obviously Metzen left a few years before the mass exodus of leadership that started in 2018.

    I want to believe him, Metzen seems like such a great guy. But it's hard to reconcile him having that huge of a blind spot for guys like Afrasiabi who he worked with closely, on the daily. I guess people see what they want to see, though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    2 years and they can't name who did what. "We will find out who the defendants are in discovery". Decent chance this will be dismissed.
    Two have been named already, Afrasiabi and Bridenbecker. There are I think 6-7 more to be named. Ben Kilgore is likely another of them.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-07-25 at 12:57 AM.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Metzen just posted.

    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...76394546470913

    Make of it what you will.
    Not listening enough is probably the best you could hope for considering the dude spent a not insubstantial amount of time coked out of his goddamn gourd in the office.

    I'm glad though I was really hoping he didn't do anything directly.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  3. #403
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Two have been named already, Afrasiabi and Bridenbecker. There are I think 6-7 more to be named. Ben Kilgore is likely another of them.
    No. Alex Afrasabi was not named as one of the 10 unnamed defendants. "Defendant DOES ONE through TEN". "DFEH is ignorant of the true names or capacities of the defendants." "DFEH will amend this complaint to allege their true names and capacities when the same are ascertained." In other words, "We did a very thorough 2 year investigation but we don't know who did anything! Let's go on a fishing expedition and we will find out who our 10 imaginary defendants are!".

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, it's pretty similar to Morhaime. Admission that they contributed to the culture through inaction, by being able to distance themselves from and ignore the reality of what was going on. Obviously Metzen left a few years before the mass exodus of leadership that started in 2018.

    I want to believe him, Metzen seems like such a great guy. But it's hard to reconcile him having that huge of a blind spot for guys like Afrasiabi who we worked with closely, on the daily. I guess people see what they want to see, though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Two have been named already, Afrasiabi and Bridenbecker. There are I think 6-7 more to be named. Ben Kilgore is likely another of them.
    I agree that they all were either part of it or developed a blind eye to it because they didn't want to confront or report their friends over it. So guilt by inaction. It's also strange how Bliz HR seemed so worthless in all of this. Which I think probably comes back to Morhaime as one of the women involved alleges.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No. Alex Afrasabi was not named as one of the 10 unnamed defendants. "Defendant DOES ONE through TEN". "DFEH is ignorant of the true names or capacities of the defendants." "DFEH will amend this complaint to allege their true names and capacities when the same are ascertained." In other words, "We did a very thorough 2 year investigation but we don't know who did anything! Let's go on a fishing expedition and we will find out who our 10 imaginary defendants are!".
    Why are you bending over backwards to do everything you can to defend Blizzard? Are you one of their lawyers? The fact that you are looking at this lawsuit and saying "Yeah it's bull shit" is honestly sickening.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, it's pretty similar to Morhaime. Admission that they contributed to the culture through inaction, by being able to distance themselves from and ignore the reality of what was going on. Obviously Metzen left a few years before the mass exodus of leadership that started in 2018.

    I want to believe him, Metzen seems like such a great guy. But it's hard to reconcile him having that huge of a blind spot for guys like Afrasiabi who we worked with closely, on the daily. I guess people see what they want to see, though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Two have been named already, Afrasiabi and Bridenbecker. There are I think 6-7 more to be named. Ben Kilgore is likely another of them.
    There's a phrase that keeps popping into my head, reading the public posts by the people involved.

    Plausible deniability.

    I'll stop there. Make of it what you will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I agree that they all were either part of it or developed a blind eye to it because they didn't want to confront or report their friends over it. So guilt by inaction. It's also strange how Bliz HR seemed so worthless in all of this. Which I think probably comes back to Morhaime as one of the women involved alleges.
    Not strange to me at all. I learned a long time ago, HR is not your friend. They exist to protect the company, especially in corporations, and I've witnessed it in person - thankfully never directly. HR, in my direct experience in several large corporations, plays extremely dirty and are the most political entity in the corporate structure, and are often blatant hypocrites, liars, and gaslighters. I won't make a personal blog about my stories, but it doesn't shock me at all that HR were 100% complicit in the things the state is alleging. And, if you read the comments by current and ex-Blizzard workers, they're afraid to reach out to HR for fear of retaliation, and have zero faith in Blizzard HR.

    Everyone is calling for the public face devs to be fired/punished, but what about the faceless HR drones who hid, and enabled what the state is alleging, and direct statements from those who work/worked there? Some people have posted that some employees refused to speak to women at all, or harassed them, and HR's response was "oh, he doesn't know better", or "He's just awkward."

    Unacceptable. But sadly common.

  7. #407
    Brewmaster Clown World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    Posts
    1,270
    “Life is just a series of peaks and troughs, and you don't know whether you're in a trough until you're climbing out, or on a peak until you're coming down. And that's it, you know, you never know what's round the corner. But it's all good. "If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain" - David Brent.

  8. #408
    Check this one out, it's brutal.

    [ [/QUOTE]

  9. #409
    Those wolves were sent by the state of california
    My body wasn't ready.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-07-25 at 01:19 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    My body wasn't ready.
    That entire video was just *chef kiss*

  11. #411
    I think they're all full of shit, every one of these 'I'm so sorry we ran a company that had a load of douchebags' type statements.

    They all knew. And if they didn't directly know, they'd allowed the culture to exist. So yeah, fuck them all.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    HR is not your friend.
    This is very important for anyone who hasn't dealt with Human Resources before.

    Those words there - Human Resources - are so true. HR manages a commodity. That is, human labor. They do this for the betterment of the company. Humans are a necessary evil for a company and by extension, HR exists to corral those pesky humans. The only thing that keeps HR in check and on a human's side are fair employment regulations.

    I've worked with HR professionals who will terminate an employee recognition program to save a few hundred dollars a year. When pressed about how not giving a 20 year employee a $65 chunk of acrylic with an engraving on it would somehow break the company, their answer was, "this is the policy now." This is while green-lighting regular gifts for board members.

    Human resources aren't there to make good decisions for the employees. They will do the bare minimum there. They're there to keep the company flush with labor and to meet a bottom line.

    I realize not all HR professionals are so cold, but in an entity as large as ActiBlizz you can bet your boopy they're not your friend.

  13. #413
    How hard is it to not be a piece of shit?

    It's so fitting too. Blizzard is one of the preachiest companies I've ever seen in my life. "Look! We added another minority to Overwatch! Look how progressive we are!" Meanwhile they're harassing real life women until they kill themselves. Disgusting.

    Just goes to show, never trust anyone that talks about how great and righteous they are. Actual good people don't feel the need to tell everyone how good they are. They're too busy living their lives and actually doing good things.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    How hard is it to not be a piece of shit?

    It's so fitting too. Blizzard is one of the preachiest companies I've ever seen in my life. "Look! We added another minority to Overwatch! Look how progressive we are!" Meanwhile they're harassing real life women until they kill themselves. Disgusting.

    Just goes to show, never trust anyone that talks about how great and righteous they are. Actual good people don't feel the need to tell everyone how good they are. They're too busy living their lives and actually doing good things.
    Because all those moments of "look we made a trans character!" is virtue signaling and a smoke screen. They knew about this investigation. Their claim that the DFEH is lying is nothing but gaslighting. They're in panic mode. All those "woke" additions in games was nothing but a distraction. they don't actually fucking care about diversity.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    This is very important for anyone who hasn't dealt with Human Resources before.

    Those words there - Human Resources - are so true. HR manages a commodity. That is, human labor. They do this for the betterment of the company. Humans are a necessary evil for a company and by extension, HR exists to corral those pesky humans. The only thing that keeps HR in check and on a human's side are fair employment regulations.

    I've worked with HR professionals who will terminate an employee recognition program to save a few hundred dollars a year. When pressed about how not giving a 20 year employee a $65 chunk of acrylic with an engraving on it would somehow break the company, their answer was, "this is the policy now." This is while green-lighting regular gifts for board members.

    Human resources aren't there to make good decisions for the employees. They will do the bare minimum there. They're there to keep the company flush with labor and to meet a bottom line.

    I realize not all HR professionals are so cold, but in an entity as large as ActiBlizz you can bet your boopy they're not your friend.
    HR doesn't give a damn about people. It's workforce contract and policy management.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    This is very important for anyone who hasn't dealt with Human Resources before.

    Those words there - Human Resources - are so true. HR manages a commodity. That is, human labor. They do this for the betterment of the company. Humans are a necessary evil for a company and by extension, HR exists to corral those pesky humans. The only thing that keeps HR in check and on a human's side are fair employment regulations.

    I've worked with HR professionals who will terminate an employee recognition program to save a few hundred dollars a year. When pressed about how not giving a 20 year employee a $65 chunk of acrylic with an engraving on it would somehow break the company, their answer was, "this is the policy now." This is while green-lighting regular gifts for board members.

    Human resources aren't there to make good decisions for the employees. They will do the bare minimum there. They're there to keep the company flush with labor and to meet a bottom line.

    I realize not all HR professionals are so cold, but in an entity as large as ActiBlizz you can bet your boopy they're not your friend.
    HR's main job is to make sure that the employer is protected in the event of a lawsuit. They make sure that every mistake/error an employee makes is kept track of and then brought up if necessary.

    If you go into a meeting and they say that everything is confidential, rest assured that your supervisor and those above will know about who said what.

  17. #417
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,845
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    How hard is it to not be a piece of shit?

    It's so fitting too. Blizzard is one of the preachiest companies I've ever seen in my life. "Look! We added another minority to Overwatch! Look how progressive we are!" Meanwhile they're harassing real life women until they kill themselves. Disgusting.

    Just goes to show, never trust anyone that talks about how great and righteous they are. Actual good people don't feel the need to tell everyone how good they are. They're too busy living their lives and actually doing good things.
    I've got a better lesson for you: don't confuse a company with a person. Blizzard isn't a person.

    There were people at Blizzard who were abusive, and there were people who were being abused. There were people who were ignorant of what was going on, and there were people who ignored what was going on. There were people making things worse, and there were people trying to make it better. Many of those people are still there.

    Either way, it's time for a reckoning. Things need to change. The best we can really hope for at this point is they clean house and right the ship. Hopefully such a thing is possible, because I still love Blizzard's universes and I want the people who make them to be able to keep making them in a safe and supportive environment.

  18. #418




    Here’s a good YouTube video from an unbiased lawyer in Michigan about the actual legality of the case.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-25 at 02:59 AM.

  19. #419
    what kind of a womanlet manages to get "harassed" by the kind of soy boys that work at blizzard LMAO

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    what kind of a womanlet manages to get "harassed" by the kind of soy boys that work at blizzard LMAO
    Victim blaming nice.
    Not all predators are built like brick shithouses. No means no, someone not taking no for an answer or not respecting boundaries is harrassment.

    Although using the terms womanlet and soy boys, it's no wonder your comprehension is lacking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •