Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Totally inexcusable what has been going on at this company over the years. They seem to regularly be making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Not sure how Cher Scarlett's response means Morhaime is a liar.
    All it shows is that some people in this thread have the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old who's eaten too much sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    sure but once people get a little taste of power and fame they can change for the worse,and by that point its completly posible that he wasnt aware what he was doing or the lower wow guys,i have been in a similar situation in the past where i worked with a friend,we were really damn close,later to find out he did some REALLY shitty stuff,people wont act like jackasses around you if they dont think you will be ok with it,specialy if its your boss
    I don't know how long your situation was but with blizzard we are talking decades, man. More than enough time for shit to spill out and be seen/heard. But you are correct in that people do change for the worse. Seeing all that money roll in was probably a driving factor in mike turning a blind eye on all this.

Innocent until proven guilty. Benefit of the doubt... Apparently these are the privileges you lose when you're rich.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    All it shows is that some people in this thread have the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old who's eaten too much sugar.
    Just say FelPlague. No need to be overly polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Let the misandry flow, hypocrites. But i hope the victims of a real crime, and not just harassement gets compensation and the bullies land in jail for some years.. Spoiler alert: both genders gets harassed and bullied, none are more, or less worthy of sympathy than the other. Women have no extra worth over men. Funny it even have to be said, but in these cases no one even cares about guys, but everyone brings their pitchfork when its about girls.

Again, hopefully the victims gets their dues. Blizzard was already in rough shape with less and less people caring about wow. How will they weather this?
    Women were being harassed on a massive scale in Blizzard. This is what we are talking about currently. Stop trying to make everything about you/men. Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

"...and I believe the gaming industry can be a place where women and minorities are welcomed, included, supported, recognized, rewarded"

Im afraid its a very, very long way left.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Women were being harassed on a massive scale in Blizzard. This is what we are talking about currently. Stop trying to make everything about you/men. Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    Hear hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Benefit of the doubt... Apparently these are the privileges you lose when you're rich.
    This is a civil action (make of that what you will with respect to lobbying about corporate regulation in America) the presumption of innocence does not apply, further depending on the construction of the statute it may in fact reverse the onus on to blizzard to disprove the accusations.

Further, the time of benefit of the doubt was two years ago when the regulatory action began and blizzard failed to comply to such a degree they became the subject of a regulatory suit.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Fish rots from its head as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah, it's just hard to imagine that all of the other team leads couldn't have known what was going on. These guys were working together literally making Battle.net, WC3, WoW, side-by-side. Bridenbecker in particular was there from 1995. They had to have been interacting on a damn near daily basis.

Morhaime seems to have moved into a purely producorial role by the time development on WoW was underway so I could understand how he might have become distanced from the rest of the guys over time.

And there may have also been different cliques. But then, Kaplan and Afrasiabi seem like they were really close, given the shared items dedicated to them. And Afrasiabi and Metzen worked closely together since they were basically the two guys in charge of the story. Damn near any story panel or interview at Blizzcon you can expect them to be sitting side by side.
    He ran the company as CEO, it's not possible that if it is as rampant as the report states that he didn't hear about it.

And yeah, Metzen and Afrasiabi being close still, despite Metzen definitely knowing of his behavior is worrying for the legacy of Blizzard as a whole. He silently abided it, and not only that, broke bread and continued to support the behavior by treating an offender as a best bud. Metzen has always been my hero growing up, he inspired me to work in the games industry, and I'm mortified to even think he could have anything to do with this.

It all reeks, it really sucks.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post

Yep. I think both and sometimes I get a feeling that women like to be harassed. Their behaviour is just, ugh , and I am speaking this as female. It's more likely weather person allows it or not.
    The rolleyes makes me think this is sarcasm but at the same time idk...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yep. I think both and sometimes I get a feeling that women like to be harassed. Their behaviour is just, ugh , and I am speaking this as female. It's more likely weather person allows it or not.
    Being a woman doesn't prevent you from having shitty takes, influenced by the culture of denigrating women you've been brought up in. Look around, do research, and stop blaming the victims, what you wrote is disgusting.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Just say FelPlague. No need to be overly polite.
    Honestly, it could be me; I interpreted the twitter link very differently though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Being a woman doesn't prevent you from having shitty takes, influenced by the culture of denigrating women you've been brought up in. Look around, do research, and stop blaming the victims, what you wrote is disgusting.
    The research points towards men and women being herassed equaly if not men more.

I'm not bringing it up because i want to diminish the alleged things thats happening at Blizzard. I'm bringing it up because there is a tendency that people blow these things out of proportions and suddenly all males are evil mysogonysts.

I've still yet to see some actual evidence that these things are currently going on at Blizzard - but i also havent searched overly for it.

I think its a well established fact that there have been problems in the past - and that Blizzard was working hard on correcting that.

Wow what’s th- OH! It is a statement from a CO where they say words and case closed.

Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I like this statement. Very direct. Also makes Ms. Townsend look like an even bigger tool.

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Of course Mike knew, like super duh!!!

Can't believe people bought his /afk schtick.
    It's because they hoped his new company would be "good ol blizz" so can't have their dreams become destroyed.

Ironically it looks like it might be good ol blizz all along

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    What an absolutely bullshit statement to make.

Does Morhaime seriously expect us all to believe that he didn’t know everything that was happening inside his company? Does anyone believe that nonsense?
    Anyone who worked in a huge company actually.
    You really think CEO and positions that high in companies this big know EVERYTHING that happens in their company when it's not business ?