Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Check this one out, it's brutal.

[ [/QUOTE]

Those wolves were sent by the state of california
    My body wasn't ready.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-07-25 at 01:19 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    My body wasn't ready.
    That entire video was just *chef kiss*

I think they're all full of shit, every one of these 'I'm so sorry we ran a company that had a load of douchebags' type statements.

They all knew. And if they didn't directly know, they'd allowed the culture to exist. So yeah, fuck them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    HR is not your friend.
    This is very important for anyone who hasn't dealt with Human Resources before.

Those words there - Human Resources - are so true. HR manages a commodity. That is, human labor. They do this for the betterment of the company. Humans are a necessary evil for a company and by extension, HR exists to corral those pesky humans. The only thing that keeps HR in check and on a human's side are fair employment regulations.

I've worked with HR professionals who will terminate an employee recognition program to save a few hundred dollars a year. When pressed about how not giving a 20 year employee a $65 chunk of acrylic with an engraving on it would somehow break the company, their answer was, "this is the policy now." This is while green-lighting regular gifts for board members.

Human resources aren't there to make good decisions for the employees. They will do the bare minimum there. They're there to keep the company flush with labor and to meet a bottom line.

I realize not all HR professionals are so cold, but in an entity as large as ActiBlizz you can bet your boopy they're not your friend.

How hard is it to not be a piece of shit?

It's so fitting too. Blizzard is one of the preachiest companies I've ever seen in my life. "Look! We added another minority to Overwatch! Look how progressive we are!" Meanwhile they're harassing real life women until they kill themselves. Disgusting.

Just goes to show, never trust anyone that talks about how great and righteous they are. Actual good people don't feel the need to tell everyone how good they are. They're too busy living their lives and actually doing good things.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post

It's so fitting too. Blizzard is one of the preachiest companies I've ever seen in my life. "Look! We added another minority to Overwatch! Look how progressive we are!" Meanwhile they're harassing real life women until they kill themselves. Disgusting.

Just goes to show, never trust anyone that talks about how great and righteous they are. Actual good people don't feel the need to tell everyone how good they are. They're too busy living their lives and actually doing good things.
    Because all those moments of "look we made a trans character!" is virtue signaling and a smoke screen. They knew about this investigation. Their claim that the DFEH is lying is nothing but gaslighting. They're in panic mode. All those "woke" additions in games was nothing but a distraction. they don't actually fucking care about diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post

Those words there - Human Resources - are so true. HR manages a commodity. That is, human labor. They do this for the betterment of the company. Humans are a necessary evil for a company and by extension, HR exists to corral those pesky humans. The only thing that keeps HR in check and on a human's side are fair employment regulations.

I've worked with HR professionals who will terminate an employee recognition program to save a few hundred dollars a year. When pressed about how not giving a 20 year employee a $65 chunk of acrylic with an engraving on it would somehow break the company, their answer was, "this is the policy now." This is while green-lighting regular gifts for board members.

Human resources aren't there to make good decisions for the employees. They will do the bare minimum there. They're there to keep the company flush with labor and to meet a bottom line.

I realize not all HR professionals are so cold, but in an entity as large as ActiBlizz you can bet your boopy they're not your friend.
    HR doesn't give a damn about people. It's workforce contract and policy management.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post

HR's main job is to make sure that the employer is protected in the event of a lawsuit. They make sure that every mistake/error an employee makes is kept track of and then brought up if necessary.

If you go into a meeting and they say that everything is confidential, rest assured that your supervisor and those above will know about who said what.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post

I've got a better lesson for you: don't confuse a company with a person. Blizzard isn't a person.

There were people at Blizzard who were abusive, and there were people who were being abused. There were people who were ignorant of what was going on, and there were people who ignored what was going on. There were people making things worse, and there were people trying to make it better. Many of those people are still there.

Either way, it's time for a reckoning. Things need to change. The best we can really hope for at this point is they clean house and right the ship. Hopefully such a thing is possible, because I still love Blizzard's universes and I want the people who make them to be able to keep making them in a safe and supportive environment.

Here’s a good YouTube video from an unbiased lawyer in Michigan about the actual legality of the case.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-25 at 02:59 AM.

what kind of a womanlet manages to get "harassed" by the kind of soy boys that work at blizzard LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Shyning View Post
    what kind of a womanlet manages to get "harassed" by the kind of soy boys that work at blizzard LMAO
    Victim blaming nice.
    Not all predators are built like brick shithouses. No means no, someone not taking no for an answer or not respecting boundaries is harrassment.

Although using the terms womanlet and soy boys, it's no wonder your comprehension is lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I think they're all full of shit, every one of these 'I'm so sorry we ran a company that had a load of douchebags' type statements.

They all knew. And if they didn't directly know, they'd allowed the culture to exist. So yeah, fuck them all.
    Chris retired. Alex Afrasiabi was his replacement. Hard to imagine that if Metzen wanted someone else to follow him he couldn't have stepped up. At this point it's just one thing after another. They all knew. All of them. Even if you are a CEO in a nice office on some other floor from where the work is being done it doesn't pass the smell test that after more than a decade they didn't know.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    HR's main job is to make sure that the employer is protected in the event of a lawsuit. They make sure that every mistake/error an employee makes is kept track of and then brought up if necessary.

If you go into a meeting and they say that everything is confidential, rest assured that your supervisor and those above will know about who said what.
    The best policy for HR is to avoid contact, be very careful what you say to them, and don't look to them to solve your problems. And do not engage with them outside of work, like at happy hour events.

Oh, btw - some companies review internal emails and messages, and those can/will be brought into the discussion with HR. Be very, very careful what you do with company equipment like computers, tablets, and phones. I carry my own devices and never use company wifi or ethernet for them. I locked horns with a past employer because they wanted me to answer emails over the weekend, but refused to issue me a phone. Nope. Sorry, that opens too many privacy doors. Voice call? Sure. Email/text? Nope. My phone will never connect to your servers. But that's getting off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No. Alex Afrasabi was not named as one of the 10 unnamed defendants. "Defendant DOES ONE through TEN". "DFEH is ignorant of the true names or capacities of the defendants." "DFEH will amend this complaint to allege their true names and capacities when the same are ascertained." In other words, "We did a very thorough 2 year investigation but we don't know who did anything! Let's go on a fishing expedition and we will find out who our 10 imaginary defendants are!".
    Specific names will be provided with specific examples of Blizzard's negligence with respect to pay equity and compensation, harassment, retaliation, and promotion opportunities.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Haha nope.

They will settle, then release D4, OW2 and new WoW expansion and it all will be forgotten like their other PR fuckups.

Lets be real - the most you will see out of it is some high profile names being let go, more Activision influence (which imo would be good) and some $$ thrown around. No, Blizzard won't die, it will take its slap on the face and will wipe the subsequent tears with $$.
    That's wishful thinking.

Had to remind my sis, Bobby Kotick settled HIS sexual harassment lawsuit, too. He also took a drastic pay cut now!

https://kotaku.com/activision-boss-l...ssme-452575586

BOTH companies are eyebrow deep in a SICK culture!

Investors have to figure in their calculations what is GOOD for their returns.

Or, this may happen with the government seizes assets to pay court debts!!!

(WHY Social Security doesn't invest in the stock market!!!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4phv4A9ngA

It's like a Twilight Zone of MISMANAGEMENT.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Take note Brack, this is what a real and sincere letter of apology looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Never apologize to the twitter mob.
    THAT was your takeaway from all of this?

Wow.