Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    where people don't understand basic economics and sell things for less than the mats cost.
    basic economics, if people don't buy it, its not worth what you're trying to sell it for. just because it costs 100k in mats to make something, doesn't mean the item you made is worth +100k

Yes its kinda shit, i dont think game changing legendaries should at any point be gated by money.

But for what's it worth, if you pick a less powerful socket (say wrist instead of legs), and just immediately go for ilvl 225, it will be much cheaper due to the very low demand. I got one of mine at merely 300 gold, whereas the more stat heavy slots went up to 5k.

The legendary crafting system is indeed pretty bad, but I have to laugh at the use of the word "offensive".

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    If you enter or re-enter the game now for the first time in this expansion or after a long hiatus: you're gonna face a situation that you need to spend HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of gold just to get the first few ranks and then you make ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the auction house while you level those first ranks.

The technical reason that it is completely broken and the proof that I'm right is that if you entered the expansion during the launch and did that crafting for the first couple of weeks you could make MULTIPLE MILLIONS with the ~3rd+ rank so it's a system that breaks the further you are from the launch.
    What kind of costs are we talking about? Like how much is a lot, to you? Or honestly, to most of you in general. What is a lot? Few hundred thousand? Do they cost upwards of 1 million?

op is banned again, he can't respond.
    It's his m o (just realized I have no idea how to initialize that lol) m.o.?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a bit of an oversight to not offer a catch-up for crafters to start making rank5 right away. As it is mats prices are through the roof due to people still lvling up the lower ranks while there's no rank6 to get a hold of outside your guildcrafter.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    op is banned again, he can't respond.
    It's his m o (just realized I have no idea how to initialize that lol) m.o.?
    https://grammarist.com/usage/modus-operandi/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I think it's a bit of an oversight to not offer a catch-up for crafters to start making rank5 right away. As it is mats prices are through the roof due to people still lvling up the lower ranks while there's no rank6 to get a hold of outside your guildcrafter.
    It would probably be less egregious if Blizzard hadn't spent the past 10 years dismantling the role of guilds. For many the guild crafter isn't even an option anymore and the alternative is the AH or trusting some random guy in an alley to not run off with your materials. Blizzard not having a proper crafting job request interface is just another issue on the pile.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-26 at 04:51 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Offensive? No.

Deeply flawed? Very much so.

On my realm it would cost me 299k gold for a plate belt, or 499k gold for a plate chest base item.
    We had a discussion with the guild yesterday during the raid; most of us are straight up not gonna upgrade their items... and that's that.
    "luckily" (and i'm using that word with a lot sarcasm) SL has already killed our mythic raiding team, with half of it straight up quitting 2 months ago, else we'd have a lot of arguing about it going on.

Wish Blizzard add an option to donate rank 1-4 items for valor or honor in Oribos, so you can at least recover a bit of it. Or maybe add a decent monetary value so you can sell it to any vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    or you just buy the item for your legendary and find other source of gold... i havent crafted single piece of basic legendary item and im fine...

people whine so much about the smallest inconveniences its ridiculous...
    You don't engage with the system, so the system is fine, and people who do and don't like it are ridiculous?

We've solved the game everybody, just don't play.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Ya I never bothered to rank mine up.. wasn’t even sure how honestly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    You don't engage with the system, so the system is fine, and people who do and don't like it are ridiculous?

We've solved the game everybody, just don't play.
    no, people are free to complain, HOWEVER complaining about something as if its the end of the world when in fact its barely minor inconvenience is ridiculous, especialy in case like this when the reason why you cant no longer make gold from low level legendary base items (which is what op complained about, he didnt complain about "ranking" the craft at all, which might be issue some people have with the system) is not game design but BASIC ECONOMICS, and its been the same way with every goddamn expansion...

complaint should be adequate to problem, OP is like complaining your car is ruined bcs there is single cat hair on the seat, instead of just blowing it off... its just pointless excesive whining, and if you check OPs post history you see he makes crapload of threads about EVER TINY DETAIL, most of them so insignificant nobody else even mentiones them, and in between threads he is jumping between him playing the game, coming back after long time and not playing it (sometimes even few times a day apparently) so he is just obvious troll...

now if someone doesnt like the legendary crafting system, they are free to that opinion, personaly i think its better to have crafting of LEGENDARY items bit more difficult and definitely different than crafting a whetstone, but thats all besides the point i made - you DONT HAVE TO, at all, craft them or rank up the crafting, and its not like without legendaries wow crafting was something to like its literaly few clicks and waiting, i doubt there is many people who actualy like wow crafting...
    so yes its barely tiny inconvenience, not a big problem... you might not like pet battles, do you complain that they are ingame? bcs that too is tiny part of game, that can absolutely be ignored without any consequences... just like legendary crafting...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-26 at 06:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    How is it a false equivalence? You can literally pay real cash and get gold and buy the mats faster.
    In the old expansions it was never at that scale; e.g. 10k mats for mounts few use anyway.
    You can pay real cash for gold which can be used for anything in the game, that's not up for dispute. But that doesn't make the system designed to be used on scamming you for legendary mats. That's the false equivalence. You're linking to unrelated items. As stated before the cost in under 100K to level to rank 4 and you can make that from doing the dailies. Gold buying is causally linked to mat buying. Which leads to my second point.

Gold inflation has scaled with expansions and keeps scaling. So yes the cost of mats has gone up over time. There's a lot f way to make gold in the game besides buying it so mats have to reflect the current amount of income the average player has.

While it's nice to have a scapegoat in tokens there's no direct relation between buying gold and needing to pay 125g for an Orboreal shard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Even learning the new ranks is utterly ridiculous and you can't even sell the pieces you had to make in order to rank it up. They need a scrapper for it at a minimum or make them vendor for a high amount.
    This is a time issue. You could have sold all the pieces you made at expansion start. Coming in 10 months down the road and still expecting what's basically a lower ilvl than the crafted starter gear available now is silly. I'm sorry you guys have missed the train but it's not exactly a conspiracy to make you buy gold or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    You can pay real cash for gold which can be used for anything in the game, that's not up for dispute. But that doesn't make the system designed to be used on scamming you for legendary mats. That's the false equivalence. You're linking to unrelated items. As stated before the cost in under 100K to level to rank 4 and you can make that from doing the dailies. Gold buying is causally linked to mat buying. Which leads to my second point.

Gold inflation has scaled with expansions and keeps scaling. So yes the cost of mats has gone up over time. There's a lot f way to make gold in the game besides buying it so mats have to reflect the current amount of income the average player has.

While it's nice to have a scapegoat in tokens there's no direct relation between buying gold and needing to pay 125g for an Orboreal shard.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a time issue. You could have sold all the pieces you made at expansion start. Coming in 10 months down the road and still expecting what's basically a lower ilvl than the crafted starter gear available now is silly. I'm sorry you guys have missed the train but it's not exactly a conspiracy to make you buy gold or anything.
    100% false as I had been making them from the start. They were not selling as there were WAY WAY WAY more of them than people needed. 15 per rank and multiple crafters out there making the same items. They were not selling even from the start. You'd be lucky to sell 1/3 of what you made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And you get refunded that when your item sells. Unless you're on a shit server like that where people don't understand basic economics and sell things for less than the mats cost.
    Except you pretty much have to at this point as you can see from what they linked those auctions will most likely expire. There NEEDS to be a scrap option.

Well, the legendary carftig system is designed to be wasteful. If they wanted it to be not wasteful you would just use a rank 1 item to craft the rank 2 with the added materials. That way you could move up to rank 4 and the items wouldn't be a complete waste.

15+ Year Old Account
    100% false as I had been making them from the start. They were not selling as there were WAY WAY WAY more of them than people needed. 15 per rank and multiple crafters out there making the same items. They were not selling even from the start. You'd be lucky to sell 1/3 of what you made.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you pretty much have to at this point as you can see from what they linked those auctions will most likely expire. There NEEDS to be a scrap option.
    Then you've oversaturated your market by flooding it or alternatively you could have crafted using others mats and taking tips. I sold all of the ones I crafted, as I crafted on request and only made a few using my own mats. Next time when Blizzard introduce stupid systems like this work on commission, sell them your mats instead of asking them to go to the AH.

This was the method people have levelled professions with on WoW since the game launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Then you've oversaturated your market by flooding it or alternatively you could have crafted using others mats and taking tips. I sold all of the ones I crafted, as I crafted on request and only made a few using my own mats. Next time when Blizzard introduce stupid systems like this work on commission, sell them your mats instead of asking them to go to the AH.

This was the method people have levelled professions with on WoW since the game launched.
    And there's no way you made it to rank 4 exclusively like that. Don't even try to say that you did because you're flat out lying if you do claim that. So in order to supplement those you still needed to craft some which *gasp* won't sell even more because you're crafting them for people for tips. Don't try to come in here with your "you oversaturated" nonsense as if you know the economy when you literally prove yourself wrong 1 sentence later.

15+ Year Old Account
    And there's no way you made it to rank 4 exclusively like that. Don't even try to say that you did because you're flat out lying if you do claim that. So in order to supplement those you still needed to craft some which *gasp* won't sell even more because you're crafting them for people for tips. Don't try to come in here with your "you oversaturated" nonsense as if you know the economy when you literally prove yourself wrong 1 sentence later.
    And as I said, I did craft them. Both for my personal use (BM and MM Hunter so there was 2 straight away for level 1) and to sell. I didn't drop 15 to reach rank 2 like an idiot Which you apparently did. If you understood the concept of supply and demand in that other people were making them too, why the fuck were you upset that you flooded the market and couldn't sell them? I just didn't rush to rank 4 because I'm not an idiot.

Yes, I made it to rank 4 just doing that. No I didn't do it straight away, it wasn't that long ago I hit rank 4. Yes people were asking people to make them for their mats they had grinded. Yes I did sell 2 or 3 of the level 1's I made. I didn't try to sell the level 2 or 3's as I assumed anyone wanting higher than 1, would have wanted the level 4.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-07-26 at 05:44 PM.

Crafting in SL was a complete and utter failure. It was too easy to level up which resulted in an oversaturation of items. There's literally zero benefit to being a crafter when you can just buy the worthwhile items off the AH for much cheaper than cost (ilvl 230 items and legendary base items).

They removed the perks of being a crafter which existed in previous expansions.
    They removed bop items which made being a crafter worthwhile.

Just sad, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Crafting in SL was a complete and utter failure. It was too easy to level up which resulted in an oversaturation of items. There's literally zero benefit to being a crafter when you can just buy the worthwhile items off the AH for much cheaper than cost (ilvl 230 items and legendary base items).

They removed the perks of being a crafter which existed in previous expansions.
    They removed bop items which made being a crafter worthwhile.

Just sad, really.
    Yeah I agree with this. Bring back profession perks.