Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Give me a break. What TBC did is completely irrelevant to the FACT that BfA made it considerably more annoying.
    It's COMPLETELY irrelevant to that it's completely imbalanced now: a few lucky or rich ones play DIFFERENTLY.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Wat. It's still extremely common on big servers. It's a constant reminder of how broken in terms of gold the game is.
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I feel like I had more options for getting to the AH in BFA than in any previous expansion (I skipped WoD and Legion). I had portals at my hearth, I had a Dalaran hearth. Probably a couple other teleports. Better than having one portal to the old world in your new capital city.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Not really. BfA was a fountain of gold, even without boosting or token. No effort, no mount.
    Exactly. I was not playing that much in BfA compared to Legion where I spent millions on mounts, pets etc. - but it was more than enough to buy everything there was. One of my guildies also got the longboi - and he neither had much leftover gold from Legion, nore did he farm as much gold as I did in BfA.

  3. #43
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    What are you talking about. Why would Outlands have auction houses because of Deathwing? They were there from the start.
    He flew there personally and brought the auction house to shatrath, it was in the book.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Nobody cares about TBC in terms of the main point.
    Then why did YOU bring it up?

    Is this not a direct quote of yours?

    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    What are you talking about. The VERY FIRST EXPANSION of the game had auction houses in the new major city hub;
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-24 at 09:45 PM.

  5. #45
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I think you need to remember the game itself; the first first expansion had convenient auction houses in the city and the same was true in WoD and Cata at least.
    No. You are factually wrong. Shattrath and Nothrend Dalaran didn't have auction houses before Cataclysm. Just log into TBC classic and see for yourself.
    We have always needed to go to old cities for AH. WoD is the sole exception to this rule.

  6. #46
    I learnt how to make gold and earned my AH mount. It took a long time. Not a dime spent of real money on it, started from scratch in terms of ability to play the AH once it became clear that it was limited.

    You remind me of the people who spent months whinging about The Mage Tower being limited-time only instead of just getting it done. Or CM's back in MoP.

    If you didn't get the mount, Potion of Deepholm brings you to an Orgrimmar portal real fast. People got by just fine up until BfA, they'll get by just fine beyond and without the AH mount.

  7. #47
    I made the whole 5 mil for my Brutosaur through raw gold farming old instance and selling raid BoE drops. Not a single 1g of it was bought through tokens. But sure, if you can't make money or dont have enough patience keep assuming everyone is like you.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

    Besides: it's not even balanced: a kid with mommy's money can guy the mobile ah and have fun.
    You can also buy it with your definitely grown-up money.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    This game has clearly developed an obsession with selling tokens for real money because there is no way that a developer that actually tries to make a fun game thinks it's fun to make it so that crafters have to go back and forth between major cities to get mats from AH vs mats from vendors.

    The proof it's a broken system with ulterior motives is that it's not even fair or balanced; if you happened to have had gold in ANOTHER EXPANSION you'd have a mobile AH cheaper; or if you had a lot of mommy's money to pay for it you'd still have an advantage with it.
    And this is why the 5 million gold mount in BFA was the best gold I will ever spend in wow. Greets a AH player
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

    You probably don't take crafting and auction housing seriously in this game. For a lot of us it's a big part of what makes it fun.
    Having to go back and forth for mats and trainers became worse and it's not even balanced: you can pay cash to avoid it.
    If you took crafting and auction housing seriously in this game, you would have bought the longboy in BFA.

  11. #51
    Oh epigramx's ban was lifted and he has like a week of rage to let out..

    Oh how time flies

  12. #52
    OP is clearly a teenager, which would mean he/she wasn't around back in the day when it was explained why auction houses are not in the main expansion's capital city. Maybe it's because I'm a mage so would care less, but I for one think it's nice to see the original capital cities with people in them.

    It's weird to think that there are people playing this game now, and posting on these forums, that weren't even alive when TBC was released. I'm getting old.
    Last edited by ablib; 2021-07-24 at 10:55 PM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP is clearly a teenager, which would mean he/she wasn't around back in the day when it was explained why auction houses are not in the main expansion's capital city. Maybe it's because I'm a mage so would care less, but I for one think it's nice to see the original capital cities with people in them.

    It's weird to think that there are people playing this game now, and posting on these forums, that weren't even alive when TBC was released. I'm getting old.
    Op is a troll who does the same thing with a different topic over and over...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's irrelevant to the main point anyway. It was clearly made more annoying since BfA (especially for horde).

    Besides: it's not even balanced: a kid with mommy's money can guy the mobile ah and have fun.

    - - - Updated - - -


    It's completely broken and imbalanced whatever you did personally. For one: you didn't even do it now; you literally say that you have an advantage because IN ANOTHER EXPANSION you happened to farm a lot.
    How can it be irreverent to your point when 99% of your point was that its gotten worse because the first expansion had an ah in the hub?

    What are you talking about? the portals are two feet away from the main ring and everyone can mount there meaning theres usually an afk mount there. Also there are more toys, gadgets, mounts, hearthstones than ever before that make things more convenient.

  15. #55
    The addition of AHs of previous expansions' to hub cities started with Cataclysm as a QoL change with the bot in Dalaran becoming available to everyone for use and Shattrath did not have an AH exclusive to engineers during TBC. Starting with WotLK every major hub had an AH-bot available to engineers. With WoD you could could repair the Apexis robot in Trade Post either via farming Ashran or buying the parts required from AH.

    I know this as my Alliance DK has been an engineer ever since I rolled him back in WotLK thinking it would be a convenience and that I wouldn't have to level/play a mage again for fast AH access. Boy I was wrong as even the long-boy can't rival the mage's mobility...
    Thanks to the legion pre-patch I made sure I had a mage at max level for all the servers I play at so that I don't ever have to level engineering again, the same wisdom I followed with classic even though I am not a fan of the frostbolt-bot.

  16. #56
    I can barely move in the game without walking into a brontosaurus so I have never felt the need to own one myself.

  17. #57
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

    What are you talking about. Why would Outlands have auction houses because of Deathwing? They were there from the start.
    I am playing BC Classic. and I can confirm that there is NO auction house in Shattrath. also, have you tried going for a walk outside instead of complaining? ALL YOU DO HERE IS COMPLAIN ABOUT MEANINGLESS STUFF!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Then why did YOU bring it up?

    Is this not a direct quote of yours?
    welcome to an epigramx thread; where false and misleading complaints about meaningless shit are the run of the day and any evidence that proves him or her wrong are ignored by the user because of course, why would they want to acknowledge that they are wrong

  18. #58
    Haven't read through the entire thread but here's how I use the AH. Logout -> Get on alt -> Buy shit -> Mail shit -> log out -> drop stampwhistle get stuff I wanted. Why the hell do you do your auctioning on your main?

  19. #59
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    Haven't read through the entire thread but here's how I use the AH. Logout -> Get on alt -> Buy shit -> Mail shit -> log out -> drop stampwhistle get stuff I wanted. Why the hell do you do your auctioning on your main?
    OP just wanted to complain. I bet they don't even find it that irritating, they just love to complain

  20. #60
    Queen of Cake Splenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your coffee.
    Posts
    15,254
    This isn't even close to a constructive thread. Closing.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •