Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    That wasn't the point you were making. The point you were making got eviscerated. Nothing has changed, barring the exception of WoD.

If you were rich going into BFA, you got a mobile AH. Making the mobile AH limited was absolutely a ploy for token purchases, yes. Currently? With how rare it is to even show? Nah, we just returned to status quo.
    Give me a break. What TBC did is completely irrelevant to the FACT that BfA made it considerably more annoying.
    It's COMPLETELY irrelevant to that it's completely imbalanced now: a few lucky or rich ones play DIFFERENTLY.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently? With how rare it is to even show? Nah, we just returned to status quo.
    Wat. It's still extremely common on big servers. It's a constant reminder of how broken in terms of gold the game is.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Give me a break. What TBC did is completely irrelevant to the FACT that BfA made it considerably more annoying.
    It's COMPLETELY irrelevant to that it's completely imbalanced now: a few lucky or rich ones play DIFFERENTLY.
    More annoying for one faction during one expansion. Like I'm sorry Horde city design sucks?

Wat. It's still extremely common on big servers. It's a constant reminder of how broken in terms of gold the game is.
    On the BMAH, you ninny. Of course the mount itself is common on larger servers.

Anyway I'm out, got raid now.

More annoying for one faction during one expansion. Like I'm sorry Horde city design sucks?

On the BMAH, you ninny. Of course the mount itself is common on larger servers.

Anyway I'm out, got raid now.
    Most of EU is Horde so it's practically the whole game for the EU when Horde is actively annoying to play the AH without longboi for a large part of BfA.
    I don't get how it would be even a point that BMAH has it for 10 million. It's been a broken imbalanced design from the start.

Yet another non-issue brought up. Aside from the fact there's always people on longbois afk in Oribos allowing you access if you need, a portal to a capital takes a minute or two and you're at your auction house. It's not any worse than it was in TBC or Wotlk when you also had to go to your SW or Org to do your business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine complaining about having to spend 2 minutes travelling to a portal to go to the AH.

I wish I had your worries in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Yet another non-issue brought up. Aside from the fact there's always people on longbois afk in Oribos allowing you access if you need, a portal to a capital takes a minute or two and you're at your auction house. It's not any worse than it was in TBC or Wotlk when you also had to go to your SW or Org to do your business.
    You must be joking. I'm in one of the largest servers in the world right now and longbois are not up all the time in Oribos; in fact some of the owners actively try to troll you when you go near more often than not.
    Besides: a "non-issue" that creates first-class citizens in a game in terms of ah usage and it's not even balanced: it was cheaper in ANOTHER expansion and the rich can get it with real life cash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Imagine complaining about having to spend 2 minutes travelling to a portal to go to the AH.

I wish I had your worries in life.
    You probably don't take crafting and auction housing seriously in this game. For a lot of us it's a big part of what makes it fun.
    Having to go back and forth for mats and trainers became worse and it's not even balanced: you can pay cash to avoid it.

Who knew that spending time (making gold in this case) in an MMORPG could bring you future joy/convenience. What an absurd thought...

You must be joking. I'm in one of the largest servers in the world right now and longbois are not up all the time in Oribos; in fact some of the owners actively try to troll you when you go near more often than not.
    Besides: a "non-issue" that creates first-class citizens in a game in terms of ah usage and it's not even balanced: it was cheaper in ANOTHER expansion and the rich can get it with real life cash.
    Have you complained about any actual issues than "first class citizens" due to AH availability? My point still stands:
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You ever hear "they just love to hear themselves talk"? You remind me of a text-based version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Who knew that spending time (making gold in this case) in an MMORPG could bring you future joy/convenience. What an absurd thought...
    It's not that simple. A kid with mommy's money can purchase that gold too now so there's no grinding or effort involved necessarily.
    AND it was easier in ANOTHER expansion; the entire thing stinks from the start; clearly part of an obsession for token selling.

It's irrelevant to the main point anyway.
    Its not when YOU made the point - your knowledge on this subject is obviously extremely lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Have you complained about any actual issues than "first class citizens" due to AH availability? My point still stands:
    You can personally attack me all you want; the objective facts remain. There are second class citizens that can be created if a kid with mommy's money purchases gold so that they play the game more convenient, AND it was cheaper in ANOTHER expansion so it's a rotten design from the start that stinks it's part of an obsession the devs have recently with selling gold for cash.

It's not that simple. A kid with mommy's money can purchase that gold too now so there's no grinding or effort involved necessarily.
    AND it was easier in ANOTHER expansion; the entire thing stinks from the start; clearly part of an obsession for token selling.
    I don't have it and I'm not complaining. Why is it such a big deal to you? We haven't had an auction house accessible for everyone in the majority of all expansion hubs, and now you at least have the option of using someone elses mount whenever they happen to be around. How is the mount a bad thing when convenience is the big issue you're bringing up?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its not when YOU made the point - your knowledge on this subject is obviously extremely lacking.
    Nobody cares about TBC in terms of the main point. The system is new and it's completely broken compared to ANY other expansion before BfA. You can purchase a mobile AH with real life cash and play the game completely differently now in terms of ah usage; and it's not even at the price it was 2 years ago so they doubled down on having an unbalanced mess just because they have an obsession with selling tokens with cash lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I don't have it and I'm not complaining. Why is it such a big deal to you? We haven't had an auction house accessible for everyone in the majority of all expansion hubs, and now you at least have the option of using someone elses mount whenever they happen to be around. How is the mount a bad thing when convenience is the big issue you're bringing up?
    It would be a big deal to you if you took crafting and market-playing seriously in this game. Especially for horde it's been abysmal since BfA. They added for the first time the requirement to travel for MINUTES to reach the trainers from the main hub (which surprise-surprise: it was the expansion of the longboi introduction (what a coincidence!)).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Truly puzzled why you continue to sub to a game that you have nothing but hate for.
    well in another thread he said he have problem with crafting legendaries as he came back after long time so my guess is he dont even play the game, he just browse internet and when he finds something so little inconvenient nobody even bothers to mention he makes a thread about it as if its some huge issue...
    very bad troll 2/10

Not really. BfA was a fountain of gold, even without boosting or token. No effort, no mount.

I honestly don't get what your complaint is about or why it's rustled your jimmies so extreme that you felt the need to make a forum topic about it. Is it anger aimed towards the longboy mount? The people who owns them? The fact you probably "took a break" through all of BFA, came back in SL and realized you missed the boat?

I'll admit I'm in that group of people who owns one - made my gold legit through the game, not by selling boosts or tokens, just playing the game through the years so even though 5 million was quite a lot, they gave us the warning maybe a year in advance that the mount would get a lot more rare/basically double the price after 8.3 so I figured it would be worth the gold for convenience sake.

And yeah it is convenient but I honestly haven't heard anyone else complain about having to go to Stormwind or Ironforge to use an auction house. The auction house has pretty much always been the one oddity they kept out of new capital hubs, and Warlords is the only exception to that rule that offered an open-for-all AH in the new capital hub and a few others had the option only for engineers. But it's basically been a thing since the early days of the game that you had to backtrack to an earlier capital to use an auction house. Why is this an issue now in SL when it wasn't before?

Would this be a smaller issue if longboys were removed completely? No.

Nobody cares about TBC in terms of the main point. The system is new and it's completely broken compared to ANY other expansion before BfA. You can purchase a mobile AH with real life cash and play the game completely differently now in terms of ah usage; and it's not even at the price it was 2 years ago so they doubled down on having an unbalanced mess just because they have an obsession with selling tokens with cash lately.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a big deal to you if you took crafting and market-playing seriously in this game. Especially for horde it's been abysmal since BfA. They added for the first time the requirement to travel for MINUTES to reach the trainers from the main hub (which surprise-surprise: it was the expansion of the longboi introduction (what a coincidence!)).
    IDK what expansion you were playing but even in Dazar'alor it didn't take "minutes" to go down to the trainers.

I just tested it:
    From the innkeeper in the pyramid with a flying mount it takes: 12 seconds roughly.
    From the innkeeper without a flying mount it takes 24 seconds roughly (this would depend on what class you play as you can use many abilities to skip/fall/whatever).

What an inconvenience.
    Yes, Alliance had it better at that time but who cares.

It's not like, you know, you have to go up and down EVERY single time you craft a stack of food, or anything.
    You do know you can buy materials in bulk, right?

there was literaly "portal" (totem of paku that you used to flight) that took you from entrance of portal room to profesion trainers (and other way around) so the way took like 5 seconds before flying (even less on flying mount as you went straight not on curve as with totem), if you didnt pick paku totem in q you could jump (if you were able to glide or survive the fall) few staircases and you were there... mind you, it took like whole minute to run upstairs back to portal (and you had speed improvement totem instead of the "portal" ) but still... more time consuming was way to harbor, but there was fly point so, again no issue...

op is just whining troll, check his other threads, it would be funny if it wasnt so sad...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-24 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has clearly developed an obsession with selling tokens for real money because there is no way that a developer that actually tries to make a fun game thinks it's fun to make it so that crafters have to go back and forth between major cities to get mats from AH vs mats from vendors.

The proof it's a broken system with ulterior motives is that it's not even fair or balanced; if you happened to have had gold in ANOTHER EXPANSION you'd have a mobile AH cheaper; or if you had a lot of mommy's money to pay for it you'd still have an advantage with it.
    So... Your complaint is that you have to commit yourself to the effort of process and development of creating a product to sell on an auction house that you need to venture to?

Boiling this down to, you are annoyed that you didn't have the gold for the Auction House mount when it was sold? Tough. I'm annoyed that I didn't get the special raid mount from the tournament as well, but I'm not going into an uproar about it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Not really. BfA was a fountain of gold, even without boosting or token. No effort, no mount.
    i actualy get enough gold via farming to buy the longboi and i didnt, as i consider it terrible waste of money, as i have like 4 items to port me to orgrimmar...