Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Valor upgrades not account bound?

Hello everyone, I got KSM this morning and I thought I could upgrade M+ items with valor points on my alts like in SL season 1. It's not the case. Did I miss something or does Blizzard plan to make it account bound in a near future? I definitely don't want to farm KSM on multiple characters.

Thanks in advance!

This has changed with Season 2 in Shadowlands (sadly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrading is tied to character score now and not the account-wide achievement. So yeah have to do the grind on all your alts.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    They do everything to make the game worse

It was kind of weird that it worked like this in S1. I don't mind the change personally as it has given me even more motivation to get KSM on as many toons as I can. I'm already at 1800+ on 3 and got KSM on the 4th. I've got 2 others that I haven't really played much and a 7th that I might dust off now that it's 60 (thanks Timewalking).

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Upgrading is tied to character score now and not the account-wide achievement. So yeah have to do the grind on all your alts.
    Let's hope for a hotfix in the upcoming months then, because I won't pug my way to KSM on my mistweaver The new score system wouldn't bother me if you could tie your alts score to your main score like with the r.io addon. But pugging KSM from scratch is a big time sink and quite frustrating.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-08-06 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Let's hope for a hotfix in the upcoming months then, because I won't pug my way to KSM on my mistweaver The new score system wouldn't bother me if you could tie your alts score to your main score like with the r.io addon. But pugging KSM from scratch is a big time sink and quite frustrating.
    One man's trash is another's treasure. Personally I enjoy the challenge of getting KSM on as many toons as I can. You learn a lot playing every role.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    One man's trash is another's treasure. Personally I enjoy the challenge of getting KSM on as many toons as I can. You learn a lot playing every role.
    Well.. you can go do that yourself without forcing everyone else to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well.. you can go do that yourself without forcing everyone else to do it.
    How am I forcing everybody else to do it? I simply expressed my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    How am I forcing everybody else to do it? I simply expressed my opinion.
    Because you saying that every alt needing to get 15's to upgrade their gear is "good" since you enjoy the challenge or something. That isn't at all relevant to needing KSM on each alt to be able to upgrade gear.

Because you saying that every alt needing to get 15's to upgrade their gear is "good" since you enjoy the challenge or something. That isn't at all relevant to needing KSM on each alt to be able to upgrade gear.
    i too, wish that my alts could leech off of my main's progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I highly doubt they will, especially this far into the season.

It was nice to be able to upgrade on alts without having to worry about have every last key done (especially now that you need both affix sets) and a good catch up mechanism. It definitely encouraged me to do keys on alts more because I felt like I could benefit from them right away from upgrading drops without having to go through and complete a checklist of tasks first.

But I think that ship has sailed. I don't see them reverting it now.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

...oh okay, so because I'm not calling Blizzard idiots for making it this way that means that I hate any player who finds it inconvenient to have to actually play their alts at an appropriate skill level to receive upgrades. Okay. Cool.

i decided that 1700 was enough for my alts that's for 12s 3 ilvl isnt going to make a big difference for them

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i decided that 1700 was enough for my alts that's for 12s 3 ilvl isnt going to make a big difference for them
    This is another good point. In S1 if you had the +10 achievement your upgrades were still locked to 7 item levels below the max. Now there's an incremental step in between.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    I'll do the same while waiting for an account bound hotfix (even though I found the +15s easier than the +12s).

Just more quality of life stuff we need that blizz shats all over and ruins this game. Because when you have 2k score im sure you really need to upgrade your gear...

This had to happen, it was way strange you could upgrade your alts to 220 after blasting keys with your main. Gearing shouldn't ever be account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    Just more quality of life stuff we need that blizz shats all over and ruins this game. Because when you have 2k score im sure you really need to upgrade your gear...
    I have a shit ton of items I can upgrade even with 2k score. Wanna look at my character to check? We are only one month into the season, you won't find anyone at 246 ilvl equipped in your average pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    This had to happen, it was way strange you could upgrade your alts to 220 after blasting keys with your main. Gearing shouldn't ever be account wide.
    Indeed, it was probably too easy and rewarding. Being able to earn valor faster makes up for it a bit, I guess.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-08-06 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Really don't get this idea at all. You still have to get the gear to upgrade, it's not like you get a phial mailed to you when you hit cap. This just speeds up the process a 2nd time, which (imo) makes people more likely to play and try out new things.

I guess that's the fundamental difference. To me, ease of alting is a means of giving people more to do in game. In my experience, people are more likely to start playing if they only have to climb half the mountain the 2nd time instead of the whole one.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore