Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Torghast Gems ruined it.

Tried running a layer 9 Skodus halls and accidentally pizzad when I should have french fried and died. The group disbanded and I was called out. This whole 5 gems bullcrap has seriously put a sour taste in my mouth in terms of the community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatrez View Post
    Tried running a layer 9 Skodus halls and accidentally pizzad when I should have french fried and died. The group disbanded and I was called out. This whole 5 gems bullcrap has seriously put a sour taste in my mouth in terms of the community as a whole.
    so the whole system is bad bcs you fucked up...
    perhaps run on your own? you will still fuck up, but there is nobody to call you out on it

I don't really have a problem with it. It's still pretty simple to five star, even with a few deaths, in a five stack.

you dont need 5 gems, only 4. also its extremly easy to get 4 gems with just a tiny bit of dedication, hell im a shitty clicker and ive got to 12 with 5 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you dont need 5 gems, only 4. also its extremly easy to get 4 gems with just a tiny bit of dedication, hell im a shitty clicker and ive got to 12 with 5 gems.
    The only difficulty really is the wings and what torment you get

I got 2 stars on one wing this week and then got 5 on the other…and then a pet

I also think people are forgetting that the higher layers are technically tuned for heroic gear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It is 4 to unlock higher layers/ranks but it is 5 to go to the vault.

- - - Updated - - -

Toxic groups are toxic. You could still potentially get the 5 gems for the vault even with one death but I'm guessing there is more that influenced the run falling apart. A layer 9 also shouldn't take all that long so it is a short thing. Failure can happen. Learn. Adapt. Overcome.

Also Ven'ari sells an upgrade that ignores the first death. So that one death shouldn't have been an issue anyways unless they knew you didn't have the upgrade.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-07-24 at 10:03 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I just hope in 2-3 months when we have the whole tree it will be easy enough, or I will just buy a flawless boost and be done with it. The 5 mask vision got easy enough to do later in BFA....sooo.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Semi related;
    Can you reset to reroll your torments/blessings?

My only gripe with the system is that it doesnt include a tracker for Par times and cleared.
    Missing some random vase thats semi-hidden behind a wall and not getting a 100% cleared is annoying.
    Still, its a vast improvement over 9.0 Torghast, esp the auto-loot Tower Knowledge power makes it soo much more enjoyable alone.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I just hope in 2-3 months when we have the whole tree it will be easy enough, or I will just buy a flawless boost and be done with it. The 5 mask vision got easy enough to do later in BFA....sooo.
    I mean, you can already see how good the tree is. Remove 2 torments from the run, get 3 blessing (some of which are extremely powerful), get extra empowered bar from elites, more anima cells, extra damage to bosses, longer and stronger empowered effect. There's still a lot of power left in there, but you can already tell the difference is massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Semi related;
    Doesn't seem like it. You can get some crappy combinations of both which will make the run harder, but I suppose other bonuses balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Semi related;

My only gripe with the system is that it doesnt include a tracker for Par times and cleared.
    Missing some random vase thats semi-hidden behind a wall and not getting a 100% cleared is annoying.
    Still, its a vast improvement over 9.0 Torghast, esp the auto-loot Tower Knowledge power makes it soo much more enjoyable alone.
    Pretty sure it's on a daily reset.

That being said, also pretty sure the first few deaths don't count against the group... So not sure why people would disband over that

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't translate that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well I kinda like them. It forces you to clean all without skipping, which is cool. I don’t like these domination shards. Can’t be arsed to even get in raid and farm them. Rather farm gear from m+

The risk of pick up groups I’m afraid pal.

You can solo this content and I’d recommend giving it a shot. Solo content is a nice break.

I generally find that by using empowered as much as I can, killing two elites with it. Killing the trader and saving around 500 phantasma without A death is usually enough for a 200+ score.

I also clear each floor to 99-100%

There is a guide knocking around with the details if you google it

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even care about anything above 9. I just get my scraps and call it a day.
    I'll get my rank 6 legendary once prices go bellow 40k.

If you dont care about the vault then just solo it at your own phase but cant really blame the community, or just make clear you dont care about 5 gems at the start so you and the team have the same goal and then its whatever.

Seems like a communication problem. Did the group agree to go for a 5 star run? Did you even ask when joining what the goal of the run is.

As always: those problems instantly go away if you run with friends.

would you like a dick in your mouth for better taste ?
    infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-07-27 at 05:47 AM.

what the fuck are you talking about? Pizzad? French Fried? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about? Pizzad? French Fried? wtf
    South park reference.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't massively like the score but the lack of clarity is more my issue. I don't understand the empowerment and most of what I know for bonuses is due to Wowhead telling me. Also the timing, I don't have a clue what my speed should be?

Thanatothobia is pretty much a death if you get dropped while solo, you won't get out of the stun. Coldheart last week with it was horrific, for all my characters, the other wing was easily 4 Gems/Stars/things.

I like the fact it's 5 floors instead of 6, but it still feels like a chore that needs to be done. Also all of my Characters are behind on Knowledge cap so I kinda want to do some lower level ones to get knowledge so that I can do 12s easier. Meh...
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )