Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #241
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Revelations does all revolve around He-Man and Skeletor though
    If you think "killing" the character 2 times and not revoling around the two, as being about the 2 that is up to you though


    The new characters were boring, the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals
    Sounds just Like revelations

    the "comedy" support that replaced Orko were pure cringe and they ignored all the loose ends that were left hanging by the original series like what powers did Teela inherit from her mother, what is the secret of Grayskull and how will people respond to Adam being He-Man? Okay they hurriedly gloss over the latter by having Randor say "I'm proud of you son," but instantly fuck it up when they forget that Marlena already knew the secret. Also they coloured her hair blue for some reason. Still it's a toss-up whether New Adventures of He-Man or Transformers: Beast Wars was a bigger disappointment for fans of the originals.
    It was a kid cartoon, of course it will be silly like the new one, just because the revelations is more "adult" isn't inherently better.

    And beast wars, the first one was awesome

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, I shouldn't have to explain this. Not all character growth is positive, not all character growth is lasting. Regression is absolutely a thing, as are momentary slip-ups.

    If you're writing character growth as a switch-flip where they completely change who they are from before to after, that's really shit writing. Character development is not unidirectional nor is it expected to be a new permanent state after occurrence.

    The whole "there is no falling anymore"; that's directly against everything the films have told us about the Dark Side. Canonically false.

    I have no idea where the hell these ideas you're presenting came from. It's not from an understanding of how character development functions in a narrative, or the canon of Star Wars specifically. It's just complaining that "happily ever after" turns out to be a childish notion and that characters you love might, sometimes, make bad choices and have to live with that.

    Han tried to be a better person, a nobler person, and he failed. He couldn't hack it. It's not what he wanted.

    Luke fought the temptations of the Dark Side, thought he'd won forever, and that hubris led to him falling to those temptations again, before he caught himself. That's why he went into exile next to a Dark Side nexus point, to continuously test himself. Like, that's literally why he's on that island; that nexus point isn't an accident, it's why Luke is there in the first place.
    No. You're writing for the people behind it at this point. A character switch? He didn't immediately become good guy Han, he still developed through Empire to become the man he became by the end of Jedi.

    And that isn't canonically false at all. Plenty of Jedi have existed, within only the films context, without falling. Without even feeling the temptation. The idea that the characters can make bad choices isn't at all what I'm against, but the notion that the people they became even make sense within the world they inhabit post the OT, is nonsense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As near as I can tell, it's just Gamergate 2.0; it's a way for certain segments of society to push a culture war while not being honest about their real motives. You'll note the primary offenders are when female characters have strong agency, particularly if it's a reboot/sequel of some property where they weren't given such, originally, or properties which include LGBT representation. Sometimes, just non-white representation in general.
    Ah... I see. This explains a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Because most of the people whining about it wont shut the fuck up about it, so yea they are crying about it. The only people who dislike it and are not crying about it are those that dislike it and are not crying about it... I didn't like the MCU Spider-Man, I isn't creating 20 videos on YouTube about it. I say my piece and move on. And I am an old school Spider-Man fan who had been collecting Spdier-Man since 1988 (stopped around 2005) nothing about that movie ruined my childhood or I felt the characters I love feel assassinated because the source material still exists.

    Nothing about the Master of the Universe cartoon has changed anything, there has been no assassination because the source material still exists. Its a fan made project from someone who loved the original show and it does may homage to a lot of things from that 80's show while also shooting a more adult tone to what was a very camp cartoon to begin with. Unless you are arguing that Masters of the Universe isn't gay enough, in which case I agree, Masters of the Universe needs more gay...

    this is just hard for me to grasp. I just don't understand why everyone is so mad about a cartoon. That has no impact on anythign previous.
    Are we referring to the new one Kevin Smith lead in which he lied to the fanbase? Cause that says it all right there honestly.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If you think "killing" the character 2 times and not revoling around the two, as being about the 2 that is up to you though
    It starts off with a final clash between He-Man and Skeletor. We then get other characters reacting to the final clash. Then we fast forward and see how the world has changed as a direct consequence to that clash. The latter half of the series Adam is very much a part of, as well as exploring a little bit of the nature of champions. The lore might lack depth but compared to the original series this is like the Silmarillion for He-Man.

    Sounds just Like revelations
    I'm pretty sure the number of new characters in Revelations was close to zero. Some of them are obscure and probably only known to the most obsessive He-Man geeks but as someone who had taken a few dives into YouTube and wiki holes about the Masters of the Universe franchise it was all pretty cool. And all of them take design notes from previous iterations, mostly the original comics, series and toys but with a nod to the 2000s series.

    It was a kid cartoon, of course it will be silly like the new one, just because the revelations is more "adult" isn't inherently better.
    I'm not knocking it for being a kids' cartoon. I have huge tolerance for the kind of stuff you get in kids' cartoons that is only entertaining for kids. When they were available on Netflix I watched a good 30+ hours of the original He-Man and She-Ra. My 3 year old daughter mostly watches shows about anthropomorphic animals or vehicles carrying out rescues and basic maintenance work. I have a decent nose for when the "childish" entertainment is well made and performed, and even as a 9 year old I could smell the bullshit on the New Adventures of He-Man. That pile of crap offended me so much I wouldn't even get the toys.

    And beast wars, the first one was awesome
    Same thing with Beast Wars. A robot turning into a truck or jet is cool. A robot turning into a gorilla is redundant. And the original Transformers characters look awesome, because a toy company bought the rights to some really cool Japanese stuff then handed them over to some guys at Marvel to draw nice pictures. With Beast Wars they just made the best dinosaur and gorilla they could with low-budget 90s CGI. Both are bad and stupid but Beast Wars is also ugly and the voice acting sucks.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    No full stop. Han returning is the character development, he abandons his selfish self to fight for a cause - he begins to believe in something and this is transparent. Especially since he becomes a top general. To abandon that for no reason is assassination.

    And the entire point of Luke throwing away the saber in ROtJ is to say he rejects that potential - he's better than that since he's his own father's redemption. There is no falling anymore, he rose above that.

    What we saw in TLJ was NOT in his character. Please.

    - - - Updated - - -



    See above. And changes to the theatrical don't matter in this context. They still exist, they've been seen. They are the basis for the argument, to use the CGI filled versions is a strawman.
    TIL that you can never fall off the wagon again once you climb onto it.

  5. #245
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post


    Are we referring to the new one Kevin Smith lead in which he lied to the fanbase? Cause that says it all right there honestly.
    I don't know, I don't follow creators on social media as I don't use social media. My experience comes from watching the show not the creators. I hear a show is coming then I wait for the show to come out, then I base my opinion. So I am not sure what Kevin Smith lied about but it hasn't affected any of my enjoyment of watching the show.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-24 at 11:22 PM.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TIL that you can never fall off the wagon again once you climb onto it.

  7. #247
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    No. You're writing for the people behind it at this point. A character switch? He didn't immediately become good guy Han, he still developed through Empire to become the man he became by the end of Jedi.
    You have pretty much no way to know this. The only context we have for "the man he became after Jedi" is the sequel trilogy. You can't claim the canon is "wrong" because you wanted him to always be perfect and noble and giving up his entire life and concept of self to be with Leia forever and ever.

    And that isn't canonically false at all. Plenty of Jedi have existed, within only the films context, without falling. Without even feeling the temptation. The idea that the characters can make bad choices isn't at all what I'm against, but the notion that the people they became even make sense within the world they inhabit post the OT, is nonsense.
    Are you seriously arguing that most Jedi never, ever feel attachment to people, ever feel anger, or hate, or passion, or fear? Not that they experience those emotions and work through them, literally are not able to feel those emotions at all?

    Because if you are, that's crazy, and there is nothing in the canon to indicate that.

    And if you aren't, you're ignoring the canon and how it describes the Dark Side's temptations.

    Han and Luke in TFA and TLJ make complete sense given their arcs in the OT. You're having to ignore everything about who they were and what their struggles were, to imagine that they had completely changed forever by the ends of those films.

    You're arguing that these characters became someone other than who they were, after the OT. I'm pointing out that they didn't. They evolved, but you don't just wake up one day and say "I don't want to have anger issues any more" and you're now zen forever. Which is what you're arguing should be true for Luke.

    Ah... I see. This explains a lot.
    In what way? Are you seriously going to defend Gamergate? The misogynist and homophobic harassment that was the sole purpose and goal of the movement?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I don't know, I don't follow creators on social media as I don't use social media. My experience comes from watching the show not the creators. I hear a show is coming then I wait for the show to come out, then I base my opinion. So I am not sure what Kevin Smith lied about but it hasn't affected any of my enjoyment of watching the show.
    As near as I can tell, he said in an interview that the show was "all about He-Man". So because a few episodes in the first 5 follow Teela and Adam's sorta dead (hard to say it's real when they're running around with him in Preternia), it's "lying". Ignoring that "He-Man" is not Adam. It's the avatar Adam embodied, with the Power of Greyskull.

    Which, at the end of Ep 5, Skeletor's now got. Skeletor is currently He-Man. That's what's going on. The show's digging right into what He-Man actually is and how it all works, but because the show focused on a girl character for a few episodes rather than Adam, RAGE.


  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    and yes it is awful but I don't care because, first, the original still exists and second, this new one isnt for me.
    YES! Thank you. I got into a discussion with some friends a few weeks ago after one of them shared a video where some YouTuber was complaining about Disney - mostly in relation to Star Wars and the MCU, but they also brought up the live action Little Mermaid movie.

    I suggested that it's a little odd that a middle aged man was saying that the casting of the live action Litter Mermaid movie "ruined" his childhood and started blaming "SJWs" and "wokeness" for ruining his favorite franchises.

    Here's the thing: No matter how you feel about a reboot or a remake, you don't HAVE to watch it. If you don't like the animation style or the story, it's not for you. If you don't like the social messages that you think it sends, it's not for you. It's just that simple.

    If you loved the original, great! Go watch it again. If you're right and a reboot is really bad, then it's not for anyone. The good news is that when that happens, companies no longer seem hesitant to reboot/retcon a franchise as many times as it takes to become profitable.

    We have an overabundance of entertainment available to us these days, and we don't have to consume ANY of it, much less ALL of it. If you don't enjoy something, but other people do, go do something else. No need to shit on creators or fans because you don't enjoy the thing that they enjoy.

  9. #249
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It starts off with a final clash between He-Man and Skeletor. We then get other characters reacting to the final clash. Then we fast forward and see how the world has changed as a direct consequence to that clash. The latter half of the series Adam is very much a part of, as well as exploring a little bit of the nature of champions. The lore might lack depth but compared to the original series this is like the Silmarillion for He-Man.
    yeah, no, the point is not that the story is good, the story can be a masterpiece(wich isn't) but if you fail to deliver what you proposed is a flop, the series was not about He-man, something everyone expected because it was what they sold, isntead, it was Teela show, who, would be fine if they didn't ruined her character.

    Not just that, completely pissing on the fan-favorite protagonist to build your own "version" of protagonist, is a shit move, period.


    I'm pretty sure the number of new characters in Revelations was close to zero. Some of them are obscure and probably only known to the most obsessive He-Man geeks but as someone who had taken a few dives into YouTube and wiki holes about the Masters of the Universe franchise it was all pretty cool. And all of them take design notes from previous iterations, mostly the original comics, series and toys but with a nod to the 2000s series.
    i mean in the part of the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals, as Teela, the main one, does not even look like her past self

    I'm not knocking it for being a kids' cartoon. I have huge tolerance for the kind of stuff you get in kids' cartoons that is only entertaining for kids. When they were available on Netflix I watched a good 30+ hours of the original He-Man and She-Ra. My 3 year old daughter mostly watches shows about anthropomorphic animals or vehicles carrying out rescues and basic maintenance work. I have a decent nose for when the "childish" entertainment is well made and performed, and even as a 9 year old I could smell the bullshit on the New Adventures of He-Man. That pile of crap offended me so much I wouldn't even get the toys.
    Im gonan just say you probably don't have, and this is just your personal taste


    Same thing with Beast Wars. A robot turning into a truck or jet is cool. A robot turning into a gorilla is redundant.
    And this where i know you don't have the right nose, beastwar was fucking awesome exactly because a rbot turned into a giant gorilla or a fucking t-rex. lol

  10. #250
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, no, the point is not that the story is good, the story can be a masterpiece(wich isn't) but if you fail to deliver what you proposed is a flop, the series was not about He-man, something everyone expected because it was what they sold, isntead, it was Teela show, who, would be fine if they didn't ruined her character.
    It's all about He-Man. The entire show revolves around what He-Man actually is, what the Power of Greyskull means.

    And Teela isn't "ruined" at all. Where the hell do you get that from? Because she dares to give a shit about herself?

    Not just that, completely pissing on the fan-favorite protagonist to build your own "version" of protagonist, is a shit move, period.
    Hasn't happened at all. Adam hasn't been "pissed on".

    You're seriously this angry because a character gets upset that everyone she cares about has been lying to her because they didn't trust her enough with a secret?

    i mean in the part of the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals, as Teela, the main one, does not even look like her past self
    Oh no, a character got a haircut.


  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, no, the point is not that the story is good, the story can be a masterpiece(wich isn't) but if you fail to deliver what you proposed is a flop, the series was not about He-man, something everyone expected because it was what they sold, isntead, it was Teela show, who, would be fine if they didn't ruined her character.

    Not just that, completely pissing on the fan-favorite protagonist to build your own "version" of protagonist, is a shit move, period.
    The series is entirely about He-Man. The whole thing is about what He-Man did, finding He-Man's sword and bringing Adam (the person who transformed into He-Man) back to the land of the living. And they didn't ruin Teela or piss on Adam, that's just silly.

    i mean in the part of the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals, as Teela, the main one, does not even look like her past self
    She absolutely does though. Teela in Revalations is very obviously based on the original toy, the 80s cartoon and the 2000s cartoon. Same colour palette, same design motifs (minus the snake-goddess features from the original comics) just made to look a bit more buff which is probably more suited to someone who managed to become Captain of the Palace Guard by the age of 19 (the original Teela was designed so the mould could be reused for girl's toys.) The New Adventures incarnation was blonde with pink armour - when I say the new characters looked nothing like the old I mean they could very easily be completely different characters designed for a different franchise.

    Im gonan just say you probably don't have, and this is just your personal taste
    And I'm going to say that the stupid scientist dudes and weird robots were just annoying and completely lacked the charm of Orko. The original MotU series might have been an obvious commercial venture to sell toys to kids but at least there was a sense that the people working on the creative side wanted to do something cool and not pump out generic and cringey crap like the New Adventures.

    And this where i know you don't have the right nose, beastwar was fucking awesome exactly because a rbot turned into a giant gorilla or a fucking t-rex. lol
    It's cool that you like the New Adventures and Beast Wars, but for people who were fans of the originals they are the worst examples imaginable of companies cashing in on the names and pissing all over the franchise to make a quick buck. Revelations isn't the best cartoon in the world but it is a clear love letter to the first generation of He-Man stuff. New Adventures could have been a completely different franchise.

  12. #252
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's all about He-Man. The entire show revolves around what He-Man actually is, what the Power of Greyskull means.
    You can try argue that just because that is the concept, of "getting the sword back", its "his sword" is" "they killed him", all about him" but no, its not, if it was about him was him being the protagonist as the series was sold on.
    And Teela isn't "ruined" at all. Where the hell do you get that from? Because she dares to give a shit about herself?
    Because she does not even resemble her past self becoming like an angry teen, i hope you stop strawman-ing your way into this cause we both know we will not change opinions on this subject


    Hasn't happened at all. Adam hasn't been "pissed on"
    .

    Well, for you of course not, but you already showed your colors and what you defend, so this isn't a surprise.
    You're seriously this angry because a character gets upset that everyone she cares about has been lying to her because they didn't trust her enough with a secret?
    Again with the strawman, like always unable to make a decent argument without either making up or using ad-hominen

    Oh no, a character got a haircut.
    and a bitch angry teen atitute, unlike her old self, but again, if you think its fine that she act like she have 17, thts fine

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The series is entirely about He-Man. The whole thing is about what He-Man did, finding He-Man's sword and bringing Adam (the person who transformed into He-Man) back to the land of the living. And they didn't ruin Teela or piss on Adam, that's just silly.
    Read my prior comment


    She absolutely does though. Teela in Revalations is very obviously based on the original toy,




    Yeah dude, exactly the same, our trucker drive teela



    It's cool that you like the New Adventures and Beast Wars, but for people who were fans of the originals they are the worst examples imaginable of companies cashing in on the names and pissing all over the franchise to make a quick buck. Revelations isn't the best cartoon in the world but it is a clear love letter to the first generation of He-Man stuff. New Adventures could have been a completely different franchise.
    Its cool that you don't like though, but this double standard rly say much of you not having the right move, beast wars was a fan-favorite of many people for years even with the shit graphics

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because she does not even resemble her past self becoming like an angry teen, i hope you stop strawman-ing your way into this cause we both know we will not change opinions on this subject
    I don't know where you picked up the "angry teen" meme but it really doesn't represent Teela's arc through the series.

    and a bitch angry teen atitute, unlike her old self, but again, if you think its fine that she act like she have 17, thts fine
    You really should try watching the series before you talk about it because your current argument is "only 17-year-olds struggle with feelings of betrayal and grief" which is utter nonsense.

    Read my prior comment
    I did, but as your comment boils down to "a series about the actions, consequences and nature of He-Man isn't about He-Man" I feel happy ignoring it.

    <snip>https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hECTXf2yvjo/maxresdefault.jpg<snip>

    <snip>https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/LHEMxfG_pxXOmwPebu5mvUN8Os4=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/22728496/MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode5_00_19_39_05.jpg<snip>

    Yeah dude, exactly the same, our trucker drive teela
    Is your browser working okay? You seemed to have missed the part where I explained how the original toys came with "snake goddess" accessories that never made it into the cartoon from the original comics, and also that the mould for Teela was designed to be reused for girls' toys so she didn't have a body that would match a soldier who became the Captain of the Palace Guard by the age of 19. Other than that there are very similar design motifs and colours used in the original toy, the 80s cartoon, the 2000s cartoon and Revelations.

    Also the toy you're highlighting isn't an original action figure, it's one of the various remakes. I think the original is the one on the left.

    Here this might help, from left to right we have the original toy, the 80s cartoon, the 90s cartoon, the 2000s cartoon and Revelations.

    Note that four of the designs have obvious similarities like white clothing with bronze metal parts including rings on the upper arms and a band holding back red hair. There's also a spiral design particularly notable around the breasts and a flared collar. Now notice that one character has none of these features and it isn't the one from Revelations.


    Its cool that you don't like though, but this double standard rly say much of you not having the right move, beast wars was a fan-favorite of many people for years even with the shit graphics
    Being a fan favourite doesn't stop it from sucking, kids have pretty bad taste. Also it's not a double standard as I'm not saying the crap Transformers and He-Mans shouldn't have been made (though the fact subsequent reboots have mostly ignored them shows they're probably not that well regarded,) I just find it entertaining that you're defending things like New Adventures and Beast Wars that had almost zero resemblance to the original while criticising a series that is a very obvious love letter to earlier iterations.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2021-08-25 at 10:00 AM.

  14. #254
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't know where you picked up the "angry teen" meme but it really doesn't represent Teela's arc through the series.


    You really should try watching the series before you talk about it because your current argument is "only 17-year-olds struggle with feelings of betrayal and grief" which is utter nonsense.
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...55/225/220.png

    I did, but as your comment boils down to "a series about the actions, consequences and nature of He-Man isn't about He-Man" I feel happy ignoring it.
    dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.

    Is your browser working okay?
    Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up


    She does not look like her past self, she did in the beginning but they had to ruin it.

    Being a fan favourite doesn't stop it from sucking, kids have pretty bad taste. Also it's not a double standard as I'm not saying the crap Transformers and He-Mans shouldn't have been made (though the fact subsequent reboots have mostly ignored them shows they're probably not that well regarded,) I just find it entertaining that you're defending things like New Adventures and Beast Wars that had almost zero resemblance to the original while criticising a series that is a very obvious love letter to earlier iterations.
    And you are the only saying is shit because personal reasons, like "hur dur the robots turn into cars is ok, but animals is off-limits".


    First of all, im not rly defending the new adventures, im saying its better than revelation for at least stick with the original main character. IT is a kid's show, unlike this one, Second, yes, i defend beast wars because it was awesome back in time, regardless of your taste, and saying the revelations is a "love letter to earlier interactions' almost make me stroke of laugh, i doubt you said that with a straight face knowing how they bait and switch and made dirt with He-man. But yeah, i still preffer the 2002 reboot.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-25 at 10:25 AM.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    <snip>https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ad8Wqvj_460s.jpg<snip>
    Aha, so you get your ideas from stupid memes rather than watching the series. Makes sense.

    Yes, feelings of grief and betrayal can get really complicated when they're mixed together. What Teela is describing is exactly how I felt when a friend of mine took their own life, I struggled grieving properly because I was also angry with them for hurting me. It was confusing and it really screwed me up for a while which is why I think your idea that anyone 18 or over should be able to gloss over complex feelings of loss is complete horseshit. That scene in Preternia nearly had me in tears because it's almost the exact conversation I played over and over in my head as I started to come to terms with my feeling.

    dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.
    Dude appears in more than one episode, watching the series is usually a key part of discussing it.

    Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up
    No she's not, quite obviously to anyone who actually watches the series.

    She does not look like her past self, she did barely in the beginning but they had to ruin it.
    She does, just improved as the design was no longer hampered by the needs for toy manufacturers and cheap outsourced animators.

    And you are the only saying is shit because personal reasons, like "hur dur the robots turn into cars is ok, but animals is off-limits".
    No I'm saying it because it's a stupid idea. Oh look, the new Autobot leader transforms from an upright primate to a slightly less upright primate. The Decepticon leader turns from a biped to a different biped. There's nothing personal about that, it's just redundant and nowhere near as cool as robots turning into cars and planes and stuff. And like I said the CGI was ugly and the voice acting pants.

    First of all, im not rly defending the new adventures, im saying its better than revelation for at least stick with the original main character. IT is a kid's show, unlike this one, Second, yes, i defend beast wars because it was awesome back in time, regardless of your taste, and saying the revelations is a "love letter to earlier interactions' almost make me stroke of laugh, i doubt you said that with a straight face knowing how they bait and switch and made dirt with He-man. But yeah, i still preffer the 2002 reboot.
    And I'm telling you that if you actually try watching New Adventures and Revelations, and look into the history of the franchise including all the weird idiosyncrasies between the toys, comics and cartoons, you'd see that the team behind Revelations had at least done their homework. New Adventures on the other hand had a bunch of generic characters, put Teela all in pink (because girl I assume) and gave He-Man blue jeans.

    BTW I also prefer the 2002 reboot and wish Revelations had been a continuation of that one, but I find it odd you're not crying about the fact Teela looks totally different and was changed from a young adult to a school girl.

    Now please, carry on trying to criticise the series based on a few memes and angry opinions you've seen rather than the show itself. Then mix in a love of shows that took far worse liberties with their source material, it makes it all the more hilarious.

  16. #256
    Elemental Lord KuerbisgeschmackShake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Messing with Texas
    Posts
    8,161
    There's a new rule for screenwriting:
    All movies now are about sad teens unearthing a vehicle that used to be a toy before they were born, thereby directly connecting them to an existing well-established IP.

    Transformers, Star Wars episode 7, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters reboot ...

    Really makes me pine for a reboot of Christine. Teens unearth a nostaglia car ... and it murders everyone. I am also a John Carpenter simp.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

    dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.
    He-Man is literally in every episode... Most of those also conveniently include Teela in her traditional white and gold costume because they're flashbacks. You would know this had you actually watched the series. Honestly, it's only been five ~25 minute episodes so far. If you want to pretend to be outraged about something, you could at least take the small amount of time required to know what the fuck you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up


    She does not look like her past self, she did in the beginning but they had to ruin it.
    Of all the ridiculous garbage I've seen you say, this probably takes the cake.

    Yo, who is this butch dude-bro?


    Like...humans aren't all that different from one another in the grand scheme of things. Especially when all you've got to work with is a handful of lines. Hell, take the hair off of pretty much any anime character and you'd probably be hard-pressed to tell if it's supposed to be a guy or a girl...

    Nevermind that a woman who has spent her entire life fighting is probably going to look more masculine by the simple fact of, you know, how muscles work.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This may be because of Hollywood and culture in general is really cashing hard on things we loved and altering them to fit social norms of today
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    The problem is that modern day creators think being "subversive" makes them geniuses. That's why the whole "subverting expectations" thing has become a meme.

    People don't want things they loved "subverted" and it's not clever or deep, it's actually completely hacky. Anybody can destroy.
    Basically these two points. And it's not really surprising, really.

  19. #259
    No, its the children that are wrong!

    Lets face it certain groups *cough* go around into hobbies looking to make them "more equal" aka "our turn" and want massive changes to a hobby or collecting thing' that they aren't very interested in.
    Its made Dc and Marvel comics massively unpopular its coming back for Disney's movies.. Warhammer.. people who don't care for the hobby want a job telling people what to do for a power trip, and HR departments with no clue hire these people who make stupid choices for everyone and lose companies money.

    There is zero gatekeeping if you come to enjoy the Tv show/Music/Game and don't actively want to change stuff for political reasons, its only when political bullshit gets mixed into it that the fans tell these leeches to get the f' out.
    Kevin smith didn't need to make it He-man to make a story about that Skank he could've wrote his own personal story about brand new characters.. but he wouldn't have the fanbase.. they're abusing old fans to launch bullshit that doesn't fit in the universe.. because companies will not let Kevin smith do anything that isn't branded.

    We've gotta just stop buying into it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He-Man is literally in every episode... Most of those also conveniently include Teela in her traditional white and gold costume because they're flashbacks. You would know this had you actually watched the series. Honestly, it's only been five ~25 minute episodes so far. If you want to pretend to be outraged about something, you could at least take the small amount of time required to know what the fuck you're talking about.


    Of all the ridiculous garbage I've seen you say, this probably takes the cake.

    Yo, who is this butch dude-bro?


    Like...humans aren't all that different from one another in the grand scheme of things. Especially when all you've got to work with is a handful of lines. Hell, take the hair off of pretty much any anime character and you'd probably be hard-pressed to tell if it's supposed to be a guy or a girl...

    Nevermind that a woman who has spent her entire life fighting is probably going to look more masculine by the simple fact of, you know, how muscles work.
    Nice slice there.. but if your picture had the body.. we'd know what gender it was.. because women aren't built like Teela.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman&#39;t...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

  20. #260
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,124
    You realize she's literally talking to Adam, directly, in that scene, right? That he's perfectly fine there in Preternia. "Dead" does not mean the same thing as it does in the real world. It means he's moved to a different "country" and is out of contact.

    Also, Adam literally comes back to life in Eternia a short while later, so "death" isn't even permanent.

    Adam dying does not mean that Teela wasn't treated badly by her friends lying to her and not trusting her. You keep trying to hand-wave that, but she has every reason to be pissed off.

    dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.
    Literally false. You didn't even watch the 5 episodes, did you?

    Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up
    Here we go with the Gamergate 2.0 culture war bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    No, its the children that are wrong!

    Lets face it certain groups *cough* go around into hobbies looking to make them "more equal" aka "our turn" and want massive changes to a hobby or collecting thing' that they aren't very interested in.
    More Gamergate 2.0 culture war nonsense.

    See what I mean, folks? Scratch the surface, and it isn't actually about these properties. It's about misogynist and anti-LGBT viewpoints being upset they're no longer catered to.

    Nice slice there.. but if your picture had the body.. we'd know what gender it was.. because women aren't built like Teela.
    Yet again, they'll expose their real motives if you let them speak long enough, as in here.

    And directly to Mayia; look at the figures of female MMA fighters some time. The closest analogue we've got to Teela, who's a trained fighter herself.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •