Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Primary issue is that just because it was intended for a child audience, at the end of the day it's for everyone. And when new creators don't show respect to the original, that's where the vitriol comes from.

Look at Star Wars. Look at the disrespect the sequels have for what came before, how the people who liked it acted against those who rightfully criticized them, and how the makers attacked fans? Bottom line - people are sick of this shit.
    Did it ever occur to you that JJ Abrams was genuinely 100% respectful to the original but he simply lacked the competence to deliver an adequate story? After watching Into Darkness I assumed that would be the case and was quickly confirmed to be true.

Furthermore, as someone who watched the prequel trilogy on their original opening weekends I remember a lot of criticism directed against Lucas for shitting on the originals. In fact they're a lot like the Abrams trilogy. Fancy FX and a good villain story covered up by a lot of superfluous trash. I think people wanted to see Darth Vader's story but after watching it, I just wanted to shout "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at the screen.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2021-08-24 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No full stop. Han returning is the character development, he abandons his selfish self to fight for a cause - he begins to believe in something and this is transparent. Especially since he becomes a top general. To abandon that for no reason is assassination.

And the entire point of Luke throwing away the saber in ROtJ is to say he rejects that potential - he's better than that since he's his own father's redemption. There is no falling anymore, he rose above that.

What we saw in TLJ was NOT in his character. Please.
    I mean, I shouldn't have to explain this. Not all character growth is positive, not all character growth is lasting. Regression is absolutely a thing, as are momentary slip-ups.

If you're writing character growth as a switch-flip where they completely change who they are from before to after, that's really shit writing. Character development is not unidirectional nor is it expected to be a new permanent state after occurrence.

The whole "there is no falling anymore"; that's directly against everything the films have told us about the Dark Side. Canonically false.

I have no idea where the hell these ideas you're presenting came from. It's not from an understanding of how character development functions in a narrative, or the canon of Star Wars specifically. It's just complaining that "happily ever after" turns out to be a childish notion and that characters you love might, sometimes, make bad choices and have to live with that.

Han tried to be a better person, a nobler person, and he failed. He couldn't hack it. It's not what he wanted.

Luke fought the temptations of the Dark Side, thought he'd won forever, and that hubris led to him falling to those temptations again, before he caught himself. That's why he went into exile next to a Dark Side nexus point, to continuously test himself. Like, that's literally why he's on that island; that nexus point isn't an accident, it's why Luke is there in the first place.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-08-24 at 07:19 PM.

The Star Wars prequels are appreciated now because the sequels set the bar so low. There was just no plan and episode 8&9 just tried to undo the previous movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree, but even with the issues that the prequels created because we let Lucas off the leash solo there's something crucially different between them and the sequels. The prequels still stay true to the most part for what came before. They do fuck with some things, but not in an absolutely destructive way - like rewriting our MC.

The prequels you can see the pieces of greatness and have good discussion on them - the sequels have none of that whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Well when you character assassinate multiple people that you never created (not that you can't do that if you did create them), break the rules of the universe, and rewrite history for your own fan-fiction then yes, you didn't show respect.

I also like how the distinction between like and dislike always puts those that dislike, or even critique it objectively, are "crying about it".
    Because most of the people whining about it wont shut the fuck up about it, so yea they are crying about it. The only people who dislike it and are not crying about it are those that dislike it and are not crying about it... I didn't like the MCU Spider-Man, I isn't creating 20 videos on YouTube about it. I say my piece and move on. And I am an old school Spider-Man fan who had been collecting Spdier-Man since 1988 (stopped around 2005) nothing about that movie ruined my childhood or I felt the characters I love feel assassinated because the source material still exists.

Nothing about the Master of the Universe cartoon has changed anything, there has been no assassination because the source material still exists. Its a fan made project from someone who loved the original show and it does may homage to a lot of things from that 80's show while also shooting a more adult tone to what was a very camp cartoon to begin with. Unless you are arguing that Masters of the Universe isn't gay enough, in which case I agree, Masters of the Universe needs more gay...

this is just hard for me to grasp. I just don't understand why everyone is so mad about a cartoon. That has no impact on anythign previous.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    this is just hard for me to grasp. I just don't understand why everyone is so mad about a cartoon. That has no impact on anythign previous.
    As near as I can tell, it's just Gamergate 2.0; it's a way for certain segments of society to push a culture war while not being honest about their real motives. You'll note the primary offenders are when female characters have strong agency, particularly if it's a reboot/sequel of some property where they weren't given such, originally, or properties which include LGBT representation. Sometimes, just non-white representation in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As near as I can tell, it's just Gamergate 2.0; it's a way for certain segments of society to push a culture war while not being honest about their real motives. You'll note the primary offenders are when female characters have strong agency, particularly if it's a reboot/sequel of some property where they weren't given such, originally, or properties which include LGBT representation. Sometimes, just non-white representation in general.
    I still never understood gamegate I missed all that stuff somehow lol. I remember there being that huge post on this forum but I got so confused by it I kind of avoided it... I understood the comicsgate stuff though. So if its anythign like comicsgate then yes I agree, it must be that :P

Although even with that said. they don't have the read or watch these subjects they don't like. Its incel like behaviour they just dwell and dwell in it... it sounds exhausting. I couldn't put so much energy into hating something this hard, it'll depress me lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-24 at 08:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Revelations does all revolve around He-Man and Skeletor though
    If you think "killing" the character 2 times and not revoling around the two, as being about the 2 that is up to you though

The new characters were boring, the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals
    Sounds just Like revelations

the "comedy" support that replaced Orko were pure cringe and they ignored all the loose ends that were left hanging by the original series like what powers did Teela inherit from her mother, what is the secret of Grayskull and how will people respond to Adam being He-Man? Okay they hurriedly gloss over the latter by having Randor say "I'm proud of you son," but instantly fuck it up when they forget that Marlena already knew the secret. Also they coloured her hair blue for some reason. Still it's a toss-up whether New Adventures of He-Man or Transformers: Beast Wars was a bigger disappointment for fans of the originals.
    It was a kid cartoon, of course it will be silly like the new one, just because the revelations is more "adult" isn't inherently better.

And beast wars, the first one was awesome

I mean, I shouldn't have to explain this. Not all character growth is positive, not all character growth is lasting. Regression is absolutely a thing, as are momentary slip-ups.

If you're writing character growth as a switch-flip where they completely change who they are from before to after, that's really shit writing. Character development is not unidirectional nor is it expected to be a new permanent state after occurrence.

The whole "there is no falling anymore"; that's directly against everything the films have told us about the Dark Side. Canonically false.

I have no idea where the hell these ideas you're presenting came from. It's not from an understanding of how character development functions in a narrative, or the canon of Star Wars specifically. It's just complaining that "happily ever after" turns out to be a childish notion and that characters you love might, sometimes, make bad choices and have to live with that.

Han tried to be a better person, a nobler person, and he failed. He couldn't hack it. It's not what he wanted.

Luke fought the temptations of the Dark Side, thought he'd won forever, and that hubris led to him falling to those temptations again, before he caught himself. That's why he went into exile next to a Dark Side nexus point, to continuously test himself. Like, that's literally why he's on that island; that nexus point isn't an accident, it's why Luke is there in the first place.
    No. You're writing for the people behind it at this point. A character switch? He didn't immediately become good guy Han, he still developed through Empire to become the man he became by the end of Jedi.

And that isn't canonically false at all. Plenty of Jedi have existed, within only the films context, without falling. Without even feeling the temptation. The idea that the characters can make bad choices isn't at all what I'm against, but the notion that the people they became even make sense within the world they inhabit post the OT, is nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah... I see. This explains a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Because most of the people whining about it wont shut the fuck up about it, so yea they are crying about it. The only people who dislike it and are not crying about it are those that dislike it and are not crying about it... I didn't like the MCU Spider-Man, I isn't creating 20 videos on YouTube about it. I say my piece and move on. And I am an old school Spider-Man fan who had been collecting Spdier-Man since 1988 (stopped around 2005) nothing about that movie ruined my childhood or I felt the characters I love feel assassinated because the source material still exists.

Nothing about the Master of the Universe cartoon has changed anything, there has been no assassination because the source material still exists. Its a fan made project from someone who loved the original show and it does may homage to a lot of things from that 80's show while also shooting a more adult tone to what was a very camp cartoon to begin with. Unless you are arguing that Masters of the Universe isn't gay enough, in which case I agree, Masters of the Universe needs more gay...

Are we referring to the new one Kevin Smith lead in which he lied to the fanbase? Cause that says it all right there honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If you think "killing" the character 2 times and not revoling around the two, as being about the 2 that is up to you though
    It starts off with a final clash between He-Man and Skeletor. We then get other characters reacting to the final clash. Then we fast forward and see how the world has changed as a direct consequence to that clash. The latter half of the series Adam is very much a part of, as well as exploring a little bit of the nature of champions. The lore might lack depth but compared to the original series this is like the Silmarillion for He-Man.

Sounds just Like revelations
    I'm pretty sure the number of new characters in Revelations was close to zero. Some of them are obscure and probably only known to the most obsessive He-Man geeks but as someone who had taken a few dives into YouTube and wiki holes about the Masters of the Universe franchise it was all pretty cool. And all of them take design notes from previous iterations, mostly the original comics, series and toys but with a nod to the 2000s series.

It was a kid cartoon, of course it will be silly like the new one, just because the revelations is more "adult" isn't inherently better.
    I'm not knocking it for being a kids' cartoon. I have huge tolerance for the kind of stuff you get in kids' cartoons that is only entertaining for kids. When they were available on Netflix I watched a good 30+ hours of the original He-Man and She-Ra. My 3 year old daughter mostly watches shows about anthropomorphic animals or vehicles carrying out rescues and basic maintenance work. I have a decent nose for when the "childish" entertainment is well made and performed, and even as a 9 year old I could smell the bullshit on the New Adventures of He-Man. That pile of crap offended me so much I wouldn't even get the toys.

And beast wars, the first one was awesome
    Same thing with Beast Wars. A robot turning into a truck or jet is cool. A robot turning into a gorilla is redundant. And the original Transformers characters look awesome, because a toy company bought the rights to some really cool Japanese stuff then handed them over to some guys at Marvel to draw nice pictures. With Beast Wars they just made the best dinosaur and gorilla they could with low-budget 90s CGI. Both are bad and stupid but Beast Wars is also ugly and the voice acting sucks.

No full stop. Han returning is the character development, he abandons his selfish self to fight for a cause - he begins to believe in something and this is transparent. Especially since he becomes a top general. To abandon that for no reason is assassination.

And the entire point of Luke throwing away the saber in ROtJ is to say he rejects that potential - he's better than that since he's his own father's redemption. There is no falling anymore, he rose above that.

What we saw in TLJ was NOT in his character. Please.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. And changes to the theatrical don't matter in this context. They still exist, they've been seen. They are the basis for the argument, to use the CGI filled versions is a strawman.
    TIL that you can never fall off the wagon again once you climb onto it.

10+ Year Old Account

Are we referring to the new one Kevin Smith lead in which he lied to the fanbase? Cause that says it all right there honestly.
    I don't know, I don't follow creators on social media as I don't use social media. My experience comes from watching the show not the creators. I hear a show is coming then I wait for the show to come out, then I base my opinion. So I am not sure what Kevin Smith lied about but it hasn't affected any of my enjoyment of watching the show.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-24 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TIL that you can never fall off the wagon again once you climb onto it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You're writing for the people behind it at this point. A character switch? He didn't immediately become good guy Han, he still developed through Empire to become the man he became by the end of Jedi.
    You have pretty much no way to know this. The only context we have for "the man he became after Jedi" is the sequel trilogy. You can't claim the canon is "wrong" because you wanted him to always be perfect and noble and giving up his entire life and concept of self to be with Leia forever and ever.

And that isn't canonically false at all. Plenty of Jedi have existed, within only the films context, without falling. Without even feeling the temptation. The idea that the characters can make bad choices isn't at all what I'm against, but the notion that the people they became even make sense within the world they inhabit post the OT, is nonsense.
    Are you seriously arguing that most Jedi never, ever feel attachment to people, ever feel anger, or hate, or passion, or fear? Not that they experience those emotions and work through them, literally are not able to feel those emotions at all?

Because if you are, that's crazy, and there is nothing in the canon to indicate that.

And if you aren't, you're ignoring the canon and how it describes the Dark Side's temptations.

Han and Luke in TFA and TLJ make complete sense given their arcs in the OT. You're having to ignore everything about who they were and what their struggles were, to imagine that they had completely changed forever by the ends of those films.

You're arguing that these characters became someone other than who they were, after the OT. I'm pointing out that they didn't. They evolved, but you don't just wake up one day and say "I don't want to have anger issues any more" and you're now zen forever. Which is what you're arguing should be true for Luke.

Ah... I see. This explains a lot.
    In what way? Are you seriously going to defend Gamergate? The misogynist and homophobic harassment that was the sole purpose and goal of the movement?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, I don't follow creators on social media as I don't use social media. My experience comes from watching the show not the creators. I hear a show is coming then I wait for the show to come out, then I base my opinion. So I am not sure what Kevin Smith lied about but it hasn't affected any of my enjoyment of watching the show.
    As near as I can tell, he said in an interview that the show was "all about He-Man". So because a few episodes in the first 5 follow Teela and Adam's sorta dead (hard to say it's real when they're running around with him in Preternia), it's "lying". Ignoring that "He-Man" is not Adam. It's the avatar Adam embodied, with the Power of Greyskull.

Which, at the end of Ep 5, Skeletor's now got. Skeletor is currently He-Man. That's what's going on. The show's digging right into what He-Man actually is and how it all works, but because the show focused on a girl character for a few episodes rather than Adam, RAGE.

and yes it is awful but I don't care because, first, the original still exists and second, this new one isnt for me.
    YES! Thank you. I got into a discussion with some friends a few weeks ago after one of them shared a video where some YouTuber was complaining about Disney - mostly in relation to Star Wars and the MCU, but they also brought up the live action Little Mermaid movie.

I suggested that it's a little odd that a middle aged man was saying that the casting of the live action Litter Mermaid movie "ruined" his childhood and started blaming "SJWs" and "wokeness" for ruining his favorite franchises.

Here's the thing: No matter how you feel about a reboot or a remake, you don't HAVE to watch it. If you don't like the animation style or the story, it's not for you. If you don't like the social messages that you think it sends, it's not for you. It's just that simple.

If you loved the original, great! Go watch it again. If you're right and a reboot is really bad, then it's not for anyone. The good news is that when that happens, companies no longer seem hesitant to reboot/retcon a franchise as many times as it takes to become profitable.

We have an overabundance of entertainment available to us these days, and we don't have to consume ANY of it, much less ALL of it. If you don't enjoy something, but other people do, go do something else. No need to shit on creators or fans because you don't enjoy the thing that they enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It starts off with a final clash between He-Man and Skeletor. We then get other characters reacting to the final clash. Then we fast forward and see how the world has changed as a direct consequence to that clash. The latter half of the series Adam is very much a part of, as well as exploring a little bit of the nature of champions. The lore might lack depth but compared to the original series this is like the Silmarillion for He-Man.
    yeah, no, the point is not that the story is good, the story can be a masterpiece(wich isn't) but if you fail to deliver what you proposed is a flop, the series was not about He-man, something everyone expected because it was what they sold, isntead, it was Teela show, who, would be fine if they didn't ruined her character.

Not just that, completely pissing on the fan-favorite protagonist to build your own "version" of protagonist, is a shit move, period.

I'm pretty sure the number of new characters in Revelations was close to zero. Some of them are obscure and probably only known to the most obsessive He-Man geeks but as someone who had taken a few dives into YouTube and wiki holes about the Masters of the Universe franchise it was all pretty cool. And all of them take design notes from previous iterations, mostly the original comics, series and toys but with a nod to the 2000s series.
    i mean in the part of the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals, as Teela, the main one, does not even look like her past self

I'm not knocking it for being a kids' cartoon. I have huge tolerance for the kind of stuff you get in kids' cartoons that is only entertaining for kids. When they were available on Netflix I watched a good 30+ hours of the original He-Man and She-Ra. My 3 year old daughter mostly watches shows about anthropomorphic animals or vehicles carrying out rescues and basic maintenance work. I have a decent nose for when the "childish" entertainment is well made and performed, and even as a 9 year old I could smell the bullshit on the New Adventures of He-Man. That pile of crap offended me so much I wouldn't even get the toys.
    Im gonan just say you probably don't have, and this is just your personal taste

Same thing with Beast Wars. A robot turning into a truck or jet is cool. A robot turning into a gorilla is redundant.
    And this where i know you don't have the right nose, beastwar was fucking awesome exactly because a rbot turned into a giant gorilla or a fucking t-rex. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, no, the point is not that the story is good, the story can be a masterpiece(wich isn't) but if you fail to deliver what you proposed is a flop, the series was not about He-man, something everyone expected because it was what they sold, isntead, it was Teela show, who, would be fine if they didn't ruined her character.
    It's all about He-Man. The entire show revolves around what He-Man actually is, what the Power of Greyskull means.

And Teela isn't "ruined" at all. Where the hell do you get that from? Because she dares to give a shit about herself?

Not just that, completely pissing on the fan-favorite protagonist to build your own "version" of protagonist, is a shit move, period.
    Hasn't happened at all. Adam hasn't been "pissed on".

You're seriously this angry because a character gets upset that everyone she cares about has been lying to her because they didn't trust her enough with a secret?

i mean in the part of the old ones had barely a passing resemblance for the originals, as Teela, the main one, does not even look like her past self
    Oh no, a character got a haircut.

The series is entirely about He-Man. The whole thing is about what He-Man did, finding He-Man's sword and bringing Adam (the person who transformed into He-Man) back to the land of the living. And they didn't ruin Teela or piss on Adam, that's just silly.

She absolutely does though. Teela in Revalations is very obviously based on the original toy, the 80s cartoon and the 2000s cartoon. Same colour palette, same design motifs (minus the snake-goddess features from the original comics) just made to look a bit more buff which is probably more suited to someone who managed to become Captain of the Palace Guard by the age of 19 (the original Teela was designed so the mould could be reused for girl's toys.) The New Adventures incarnation was blonde with pink armour - when I say the new characters looked nothing like the old I mean they could very easily be completely different characters designed for a different franchise.

Im gonan just say you probably don't have, and this is just your personal taste
    And I'm going to say that the stupid scientist dudes and weird robots were just annoying and completely lacked the charm of Orko. The original MotU series might have been an obvious commercial venture to sell toys to kids but at least there was a sense that the people working on the creative side wanted to do something cool and not pump out generic and cringey crap like the New Adventures.

And this where i know you don't have the right nose, beastwar was fucking awesome exactly because a rbot turned into a giant gorilla or a fucking t-rex. lol
    It's cool that you like the New Adventures and Beast Wars, but for people who were fans of the originals they are the worst examples imaginable of companies cashing in on the names and pissing all over the franchise to make a quick buck. Revelations isn't the best cartoon in the world but it is a clear love letter to the first generation of He-Man stuff. New Adventures could have been a completely different franchise.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's all about He-Man. The entire show revolves around what He-Man actually is, what the Power of Greyskull means.
    You can try argue that just because that is the concept, of "getting the sword back", its "his sword" is" "they killed him", all about him" but no, its not, if it was about him was him being the protagonist as the series was sold on.
    And Teela isn't "ruined" at all. Where the hell do you get that from? Because she dares to give a shit about herself?
    Because she does not even resemble her past self becoming like an angry teen, i hope you stop strawman-ing your way into this cause we both know we will not change opinions on this subject

Hasn't happened at all. Adam hasn't been "pissed on"

Well, for you of course not, but you already showed your colors and what you defend, so this isn't a surprise.
    You're seriously this angry because a character gets upset that everyone she cares about has been lying to her because they didn't trust her enough with a secret?
    Again with the strawman, like always unable to make a decent argument without either making up or using ad-hominen

Oh no, a character got a haircut.
    and a bitch angry teen atitute, unlike her old self, but again, if you think its fine that she act like she have 17, thts fine

- - - Updated - - -

The series is entirely about He-Man. The whole thing is about what He-Man did, finding He-Man's sword and bringing Adam (the person who transformed into He-Man) back to the land of the living. And they didn't ruin Teela or piss on Adam, that's just silly.
    Read my prior comment

She absolutely does though. Teela in Revalations is very obviously based on the original toy,

Yeah dude, exactly the same, our trucker drive teela

It's cool that you like the New Adventures and Beast Wars, but for people who were fans of the originals they are the worst examples imaginable of companies cashing in on the names and pissing all over the franchise to make a quick buck. Revelations isn't the best cartoon in the world but it is a clear love letter to the first generation of He-Man stuff. New Adventures could have been a completely different franchise.
    Its cool that you don't like though, but this double standard rly say much of you not having the right move, beast wars was a fan-favorite of many people for years even with the shit graphics

Because she does not even resemble her past self becoming like an angry teen, i hope you stop strawman-ing your way into this cause we both know we will not change opinions on this subject
    I don't know where you picked up the "angry teen" meme but it really doesn't represent Teela's arc through the series.

and a bitch angry teen atitute, unlike her old self, but again, if you think its fine that she act like she have 17, thts fine
    You really should try watching the series before you talk about it because your current argument is "only 17-year-olds struggle with feelings of betrayal and grief" which is utter nonsense.

Read my prior comment
    I did, but as your comment boils down to "a series about the actions, consequences and nature of He-Man isn't about He-Man" I feel happy ignoring it.

<snip>https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hECTXf2yvjo/maxresdefault.jpg<snip>

<snip>https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/LHEMxfG_pxXOmwPebu5mvUN8Os4=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/22728496/MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Episode5_00_19_39_05.jpg<snip>

Yeah dude, exactly the same, our trucker drive teela
    Is your browser working okay? You seemed to have missed the part where I explained how the original toys came with "snake goddess" accessories that never made it into the cartoon from the original comics, and also that the mould for Teela was designed to be reused for girls' toys so she didn't have a body that would match a soldier who became the Captain of the Palace Guard by the age of 19. Other than that there are very similar design motifs and colours used in the original toy, the 80s cartoon, the 2000s cartoon and Revelations.

Also the toy you're highlighting isn't an original action figure, it's one of the various remakes. I think the original is the one on the left.

Here this might help, from left to right we have the original toy, the 80s cartoon, the 90s cartoon, the 2000s cartoon and Revelations.

Note that four of the designs have obvious similarities like white clothing with bronze metal parts including rings on the upper arms and a band holding back red hair. There's also a spiral design particularly notable around the breasts and a flared collar. Now notice that one character has none of these features and it isn't the one from Revelations.

Its cool that you don't like though, but this double standard rly say much of you not having the right move, beast wars was a fan-favorite of many people for years even with the shit graphics
    Being a fan favourite doesn't stop it from sucking, kids have pretty bad taste. Also it's not a double standard as I'm not saying the crap Transformers and He-Mans shouldn't have been made (though the fact subsequent reboots have mostly ignored them shows they're probably not that well regarded,) I just find it entertaining that you're defending things like New Adventures and Beast Wars that had almost zero resemblance to the original while criticising a series that is a very obvious love letter to earlier iterations.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2021-08-25 at 10:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where you picked up the "angry teen" meme but it really doesn't represent Teela's arc through the series.

You really should try watching the series before you talk about it because your current argument is "only 17-year-olds struggle with feelings of betrayal and grief" which is utter nonsense.
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...55/225/220.png

I did, but as your comment boils down to "a series about the actions, consequences and nature of He-Man isn't about He-Man" I feel happy ignoring it.
    dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.

Is your browser working okay?
    Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up

She does not look like her past self, she did in the beginning but they had to ruin it.

Being a fan favourite doesn't stop it from sucking, kids have pretty bad taste. Also it's not a double standard as I'm not saying the crap Transformers and He-Mans shouldn't have been made (though the fact subsequent reboots have mostly ignored them shows they're probably not that well regarded,) I just find it entertaining that you're defending things like New Adventures and Beast Wars that had almost zero resemblance to the original while criticising a series that is a very obvious love letter to earlier iterations.
    And you are the only saying is shit because personal reasons, like "hur dur the robots turn into cars is ok, but animals is off-limits".

First of all, im not rly defending the new adventures, im saying its better than revelation for at least stick with the original main character. IT is a kid's show, unlike this one, Second, yes, i defend beast wars because it was awesome back in time, regardless of your taste, and saying the revelations is a "love letter to earlier interactions' almost make me stroke of laugh, i doubt you said that with a straight face knowing how they bait and switch and made dirt with He-man. But yeah, i still preffer the 2002 reboot.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-25 at 10:25 AM.