Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    <snip>https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ad8Wqvj_460s.jpg<snip>
    Aha, so you get your ideas from stupid memes rather than watching the series. Makes sense.

Yes, feelings of grief and betrayal can get really complicated when they're mixed together. What Teela is describing is exactly how I felt when a friend of mine took their own life, I struggled grieving properly because I was also angry with them for hurting me. It was confusing and it really screwed me up for a while which is why I think your idea that anyone 18 or over should be able to gloss over complex feelings of loss is complete horseshit. That scene in Preternia nearly had me in tears because it's almost the exact conversation I played over and over in my head as I started to come to terms with my feeling.

dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.
    Dude appears in more than one episode, watching the series is usually a key part of discussing it.

Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up
    No she's not, quite obviously to anyone who actually watches the series.

She does not look like her past self, she did barely in the beginning but they had to ruin it.
    She does, just improved as the design was no longer hampered by the needs for toy manufacturers and cheap outsourced animators.

And you are the only saying is shit because personal reasons, like "hur dur the robots turn into cars is ok, but animals is off-limits".
    No I'm saying it because it's a stupid idea. Oh look, the new Autobot leader transforms from an upright primate to a slightly less upright primate. The Decepticon leader turns from a biped to a different biped. There's nothing personal about that, it's just redundant and nowhere near as cool as robots turning into cars and planes and stuff. And like I said the CGI was ugly and the voice acting pants.

First of all, im not rly defending the new adventures, im saying its better than revelation for at least stick with the original main character. IT is a kid's show, unlike this one, Second, yes, i defend beast wars because it was awesome back in time, regardless of your taste, and saying the revelations is a "love letter to earlier interactions' almost make me stroke of laugh, i doubt you said that with a straight face knowing how they bait and switch and made dirt with He-man. But yeah, i still preffer the 2002 reboot.
    And I'm telling you that if you actually try watching New Adventures and Revelations, and look into the history of the franchise including all the weird idiosyncrasies between the toys, comics and cartoons, you'd see that the team behind Revelations had at least done their homework. New Adventures on the other hand had a bunch of generic characters, put Teela all in pink (because girl I assume) and gave He-Man blue jeans.

BTW I also prefer the 2002 reboot and wish Revelations had been a continuation of that one, but I find it odd you're not crying about the fact Teela looks totally different and was changed from a young adult to a school girl.

Now please, carry on trying to criticise the series based on a few memes and angry opinions you've seen rather than the show itself. Then mix in a love of shows that took far worse liberties with their source material, it makes it all the more hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a new rule for screenwriting:
    All movies now are about sad teens unearthing a vehicle that used to be a toy before they were born, thereby directly connecting them to an existing well-established IP.

Transformers, Star Wars episode 7, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters reboot ...

Really makes me pine for a reboot of Christine. Teens unearth a nostaglia car ... and it murders everyone. I am also a John Carpenter simp.

dude appear in one episode, is not the main character, has killed off and you want to pretende its ALL ABOUT HIM, its next level of projection.
    He-Man is literally in every episode... Most of those also conveniently include Teela in her traditional white and gold costume because they're flashbacks. You would know this had you actually watched the series. Honestly, it's only been five ~25 minute episodes so far. If you want to pretend to be outraged about something, you could at least take the small amount of time required to know what the fuck you're talking about.

Is your eyesight ok? Cause Revelations Teela is a man, straight up, with make up

She does not look like her past self, she did in the beginning but they had to ruin it.
    Of all the ridiculous garbage I've seen you say, this probably takes the cake.

Yo, who is this butch dude-bro?

Like...humans aren't all that different from one another in the grand scheme of things. Especially when all you've got to work with is a handful of lines. Hell, take the hair off of pretty much any anime character and you'd probably be hard-pressed to tell if it's supposed to be a guy or a girl...

Nevermind that a woman who has spent her entire life fighting is probably going to look more masculine by the simple fact of, you know, how muscles work.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This may be because of Hollywood and culture in general is really cashing hard on things we loved and altering them to fit social norms of today
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    The problem is that modern day creators think being "subversive" makes them geniuses. That's why the whole "subverting expectations" thing has become a meme.

People don't want things they loved "subverted" and it's not clever or deep, it's actually completely hacky. Anybody can destroy.
    Basically these two points. And it's not really surprising, really.

No, its the children that are wrong!

Lets face it certain groups *cough* go around into hobbies looking to make them "more equal" aka "our turn" and want massive changes to a hobby or collecting thing' that they aren't very interested in.
    Its made Dc and Marvel comics massively unpopular its coming back for Disney's movies.. Warhammer.. people who don't care for the hobby want a job telling people what to do for a power trip, and HR departments with no clue hire these people who make stupid choices for everyone and lose companies money.

There is zero gatekeeping if you come to enjoy the Tv show/Music/Game and don't actively want to change stuff for political reasons, its only when political bullshit gets mixed into it that the fans tell these leeches to get the f' out.
    Kevin smith didn't need to make it He-man to make a story about that Skank he could've wrote his own personal story about brand new characters.. but he wouldn't have the fanbase.. they're abusing old fans to launch bullshit that doesn't fit in the universe.. because companies will not let Kevin smith do anything that isn't branded.

We've gotta just stop buying into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He-Man is literally in every episode... Most of those also conveniently include Teela in her traditional white and gold costume because they're flashbacks. You would know this had you actually watched the series. Honestly, it's only been five ~25 minute episodes so far. If you want to pretend to be outraged about something, you could at least take the small amount of time required to know what the fuck you're talking about.

Of all the ridiculous garbage I've seen you say, this probably takes the cake.

Like...humans aren't all that different from one another in the grand scheme of things. Especially when all you've got to work with is a handful of lines. Hell, take the hair off of pretty much any anime character and you'd probably be hard-pressed to tell if it's supposed to be a guy or a girl...

Nevermind that a woman who has spent her entire life fighting is probably going to look more masculine by the simple fact of, you know, how muscles work.
    Nice slice there.. but if your picture had the body.. we'd know what gender it was.. because women aren't built like Teela.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize she's literally talking to Adam, directly, in that scene, right? That he's perfectly fine there in Preternia. "Dead" does not mean the same thing as it does in the real world. It means he's moved to a different "country" and is out of contact.

Also, Adam literally comes back to life in Eternia a short while later, so "death" isn't even permanent.

Adam dying does not mean that Teela wasn't treated badly by her friends lying to her and not trusting her. You keep trying to hand-wave that, but she has every reason to be pissed off.

Literally false. You didn't even watch the 5 episodes, did you?

Here we go with the Gamergate 2.0 culture war bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    No, its the children that are wrong!

Lets face it certain groups *cough* go around into hobbies looking to make them "more equal" aka "our turn" and want massive changes to a hobby or collecting thing' that they aren't very interested in.
    More Gamergate 2.0 culture war nonsense.

See what I mean, folks? Scratch the surface, and it isn't actually about these properties. It's about misogynist and anti-LGBT viewpoints being upset they're no longer catered to.

Nice slice there.. but if your picture had the body.. we'd know what gender it was.. because women aren't built like Teela.
    Yet again, they'll expose their real motives if you let them speak long enough, as in here.

And directly to Mayia; look at the figures of female MMA fighters some time. The closest analogue we've got to Teela, who's a trained fighter herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    I cropped it there because I couldn't be assed to erase all that hair and redraw half her chest just to prove a point to some idiot on the internet... Tits aren't everything, you know. And if you're wearing armor (at least armor that's more practical than ornamental), they're going to get covered up anyway.

But no, you're right. Women aren't built like Teela. Some are bigger.

this entire conversation reeks of "If I can't fap to it then I hate it!"

like, holy shit who cares about a character getting a hair cut...

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post

That's all it is. These people whine about everything being "feminized" while simultaneously whining that the female characters aren't hot enough. It's fucking pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account

Particularly when the original property was a show for children.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Aha, so you get your ideas from stupid memes rather than watching the series. Makes sense.
    you are assuming i didn't, because i used a meme to show what i mean?

Yes, feelings of grief and betrayal can get really complicated when they're mixed together.
    when you are a teenager and not a soldier, and an adult, like Teela was, sorry to break that for you.
    Dude appears in more than one episode, watching the series is usually a key part of discussing it.
    As flashbacks, waow, awesome,, oh wait he apepar in the last one to die again

No she's not, quite obviously to anyone who actually watches the series.
    Again, see the image without the hair, she is straight up a Man, totally different from the past, as even as a soldier she was more feminie, and not this trucker driver.

She does, just improved as the design was no longer hampered by the needs for toy manufacturers and cheap outsourced animators.
    HAHAHA are you for real?

No I'm saying it because it's a stupid idea.
    This and previous comments already me understand your personal taste, there is not much else to comment about this subject.

And I'm telling you that if you actually try watching New Adventures and Revelations,
    I watched revelations and the first one of new adventures, prefer New adventurers for the context alone
    BTW I also prefer the 2002 reboot and wish Revelations had been a continuation of that one, but I find it odd you're not crying about the fact Teela looks totally different and was changed from a young adult to a school girl.
    I dislike the show because, even if the idea was good, it was a lame ass bait and switch that totally shit on he-man and the past show, plus the characterization of Teela was garbage making her like a trucker driver bitch with the emotional of a teenager.

I amde that very clear, so don't try to project something else

Again, see the image without the hair, she is straight up a Man, totally different from the past, as even as a soldier she was more feminie, and not this trucker driver
    who
    the
    fuck
    cares!?

this is so pathetic dude. like you have the entire internet to fap to rule 34 Teela.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize she's literally talking to Adam, directly, in that scene, right?
    do you realize this is shit anyway? and that was my point? an angry teen talking shit. Anyone who watched the old cartoon would knew Teela would never act like that., especially because this is a continuation and not a prequel when she was younger.
    Also, Adam literally comes back to life in Eternia a short while later, so "death" isn't even permanent.
    And to come back to life you need what? die
    Here we go with the Gamergate 2.0 culture war bullshit.
    Is expected from you, completely ignore the point and focus on something else.

Teela was made a man with make-up, she is no even like the other girl that in fact, look like a woman

The shit haircut, that i don't even think is worth to mention of how bad it was, is just the icing on the cake

- - - Updated - - -

who
    the
    fuck
    cares!?

this is so pathetic dude. like you have the entire internet to fap to rule 34 Teela.
    Seems like you care enough to waste your time to respond to that. But hey you do you man, i don't "fap" to cartoons.

Seems like you care enough to waste your time to respond to that. But hey you do you man, i don't "fap" to cartoons.
    lol this isn't about how I feel since I'm not the one crying, bawling their eyes out over a cartoon characters design. no you clearly have some serious hang ups with women who don't fit a particular idea of what "feminine" is. which begs the question again, why do you care, what does it matter besides how it makes your private bits feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you realize this is shit anyway? and that was my point? an angry teen talking shit. Anyone who watched the old cartoon would knew Teela would never act like that., especially because this is a continuation and not a prequel when she was younger.
    Nothing about how she behaved was "teen-like". You're making shit up.

Getting angry about betrayals isn't unique to teenagers.

And to come back to life you need what? die
    In the real world, you don't "come back to life". Transposing our understanding of "death" into a world where an afterlife is verifiably true is invalid. It's more like D&D, where "death" is "dammit, now I have to spend a 3rd level slot on Raise Dead" levels of tragedy.

Is expected from you, completely ignore the point and focus on something else.
    It's entirely the point.

The arguments against Revelations, and a lot of other modern properties, isn't about those properties; it's pushback against positive female roles and LGBT representation.

Same as it was with Gamergate. Which was never about "ethics in game journalism". It's all a con to push an agenda of mysogyny, homophobia, and transphobia.

And for anyone who doesn't get what I'm talking about, here's a recent breakdown of exactly what went down with Gamergate, and you can see the direct comparisons to this stuff we're talking about here pretty easily; it's a different cover story for the same underlying movement. It's nearly an hour long, and I'm sorry for that, but there's a lot it needs to cover and it can't really be much shorter. I won't embed because it's not directly on-topic; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLYWHpgIoIw

Teela was made a man with make-up, she is no even like the other girl that in fact, look like a woman
    False. You're just lying. All this claim here is, is misogyny. Denying someone's womanhood because you think she's too "manly"? Get the fuck over yourself.

The shit haircut, that i don't even think is worth to mention of how bad it was, is just the icing on the cake
    Raging about a haircut is, like, super dumb. What's wrong with it, anyway?

And yet, you're super concerned that Teela look attractive and fuckable to you.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-08-25 at 04:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nothing about how she behaved was "teen-like". You're making shit up.

Getting angry about betrayals isn't unique to teenagers.
    betrayal by keeping a secret? like she is entitled to know? like she is supposed to know? and She, as a soldier and an adult, can't realize it was something necessary?

This shit is straight up coming from an shounen with angry teen, no matter how you try to cover up

In the real world, you don't "come back to life". Transposing our understanding of "death" into a world where an afterlife is verifiably true is invalid. It's more like D&D, where "death" is "dammit, now I have to spend a 3rd level slot on Raise Dead" levels of tragedy.
    you want to point that the death was not rly death, because they can undo it, despite being death:rolleyes

It's entirely the point.

The arguments against Revelations, and a lot of other modern properties, isn't about those properties; it's pushback against positive female roles and LGBT representation.
    No its not, you are making shit up

the argument is how they( and Kevin) sold this as a HE-MAN SHOW, and teased him in the trailer and artwork, to make a bait and switch on him, plus on how they shit on he-man to give her the spotlight when it was not necessary. Nobody gave two shits about her being a woman

You are making a strawman to shield the show from any criticism by simple saying is either misogyny or homophobia when we only wanted he-man, as the main protagonist with the cool new graphics because is what they told us.

IF, they, from the beginning, were open about what the series was about, and not made Teela such a pain, the series would went well.
    False. You're just lying. All this claim here is, is misogyny. Denying someone's womanhood because you think she's too "manly"? Get the fuck over yourself.
    of course you are so fragile to resort to this, as always, projecting and using of a strawman.

she straight up look like a man in the face, im not even talking about the muscles, cause anyone can get that big, but the face draw is clearly from a man, totally different from the other women in the show, but is funny how you think a woman can only be a soldier if she look like a trucker driver, and im the misogynist here.
    Raging about a haircut is, like, super dumb. What's wrong with it, anyway?
    who is ragging? im making fun of it because look awful, especially in the context of the series/place(like pretty sure KAren haircut should not be a thing in Eternia), her old look or at least with full hair looked much better

And yet, you're super concerned that Teela look attractive and fuckable to you.
    As always projecting and making a strawman, you must be rly fun at parties.

- - - Updated - - -

lol this isn't about how I feel since I'm not the one crying, bawling their eyes out over a cartoon characters design. no you clearly have some serious hang ups with women who don't fit a particular idea of what "feminine" is. which begs the question again, why do you care, what does it matter besides how it makes your private bits feel.
    are you having a concussion or something? i have no idea what you are trying to say dude.

are you having a concussion or something? i have no idea what you are trying to say dude.
    can you not answer a simple question? why does it matter if Teela isn't "feminine" looking?

you are assuming i didn't, because i used a meme to show what i mean?
    I'm assuming you didn't because you're clueless about what it contains.

when you are a teenager and not a soldier, and an adult, like Teela was, sorry to break that for you.
    Sorry to break it to you but having someone you care about kill themselves can mess you up whatever age you are. Grief isn't something that stops being a big deal when you pass the age of majority. This idea you have that adults aren't allowed emotions is just messed up.

As flashbacks, waow, awesome,, oh wait he apepar in the last one to die again
    Yeah, and to help Teela come to terms with her grief, reveal some of the mythos of the MotU (like I said earlier, practically the Silmarillion compared to the first series) help the heroes get back to Eternia and give up his life in heaven to go be a hero again.

Again, see the image without the hair, she is straight up a Man, totally different from the past, as even as a soldier she was more feminie, and not this trucker driver.
    "Look at this picture I photoshopped with traditionally male characteristics, see how it make a cartoon character appear more masculine." That's the worst argument for anything I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    HAHAHA are you for real?
    Yes. Again the adult MotU fans this series is aimed at would know this.

This and previous comments already me understand your personal taste, there is not much else to comment about this subject.
    I watched revelations and the first one of new adventures, prefer New adventurers for the context alone
    I dislike the show because, even if the idea was good, it was a lame ass bait and switch that totally shit on he-man and the past show, plus the characterization of Teela was garbage making her like a trucker driver bitch with the emotional of a teenager. I amde that very clear, so don't try to project something else
    So you hate it because you don't understand how He-Man stories work, believe adults shouldn't have emotions and think women can't grow muscles.

And can we all just take a moment to appreciate the irony of you claiming this series "shit on He-Man" while showing a preference for a series that dressed him in blue jeans, another series that decided Teela should be a younger girl and the god awfulness that is Beast Wars.

I know it's off-topic at this point but why Adam or He-Man is a hero and what he sacrificed exactly if death is irrelevant in this universe?

Teela wouldn't act like that in the original series because they never dealt with complex emotions as it was primarily and almost purely an extended toy advert.

Also anyone who watched the original series would know Teela was a teenager then anyway...