Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Maybe it should have.

Works on my Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I don't fault them for not working on the game when they face a disaster rn. Give them some weeks time and maybe see how it goes in Court and then afterwards they will get back into work load again on the game.
    I mean they can't use covid as a shield for delays anymore really even though people had no business erecting that shield for them to begin with so now they can say production was halted due to the lawsuit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remains to be seen how far this work stoppage will go.

But more interesting to me is how long and how deep the turmoil on the team goes. That is much more likely to affect 9.2, and 9.3, and 10.0. Especially if it gets bad enough heads start rolling.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    I am totally fine with what they are doing. But I do find it a little funny that they will likely have to work harder or "crunch" more to get all the work done.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    Jeff Hamilton (wow dev) says "Almost no work is being done on WoW"

https://twitter.com/JeffAHamilton/st...15702569472003

Will we even get a 9.2?
    this expansion, and retail wow in general, is on life support at this point. i doubt they have very many resources dedicated to it at all. this will likely be used as another excuse to have another extended content drought.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean they can't use covid as a shield for delays anymore really even though people had no business erecting that shield for them to begin with so now they can say production was halted due to the lawsuit.
    Plenty of companies are still having delays because of the pandemic. It wasn't a "shield" it was just accepting the reality of the situation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    His tweet refers to them not getting much done in the last week, as the storm raged on and outraged employees were protesting and organizing themselves.

You incorrectly make it sound like they've gone months without getting any work on 9.2 done, which simply is not true nor is it an accurate representation of what going on.
    Protests and organizing? I dont see anything about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty clear it means no work is being done at this current moment with all the drama going on not that no work has been done at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's the same position Ghostcrawler was in before he left for Riot.

"Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest or encounter design. My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that includes the game balance."
    low key rooting for this guy to get fired then. All of those things have been pretty shit for a while now
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Protests and organizing? I dont see anything about that
    There were a bunch of twitter posts from Blizzard employees condemning Activision-Blizzard for how the case got handled, and one of them was a long series of tweets from a single person that claimed active work on projects had essentially stopped as the workers were protesting.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the recent lawsuit I wouldn't expect a lot of work to be done in the last couple of days. I imagine starting Monday there will be meetings and things will start up again.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There were a bunch of twitter posts from Blizzard employees condemning Activision-Blizzard for how the case got handled, and one of them was a long series of tweets from a single person that claimed active work on projects had essentially stopped as the workers were protesting.
    Got a link for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    low key rooting for this guy to get fired then. All of those things have been pretty shit for a while now
    The guy who's the worst at his job except the story guys deciding not to do it can only be an improvement were he to be canned for going from mostly to entirely useless. Sadly I don't see it happening.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I don't think it's unhealthy at all to hope for the continued destruction of an awful company.
    it definitely is mentaly unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Got a link for this?
    https://www[DOT]wowhead[DOT]com/news/blizzard-employees-tweet-support-for-victims-and-condemnation-of-activision-323546

Not sure whether I am able to link websites, so not going to risk it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Ion already said that work was well along for 9.2, so I ain't worried.
    I hate to tell you this, but Ion lies like a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And the very next post...
    In theory, he is right. It is a dead game, but one that still has enough players to dig the grave anew every time. The game is neither new nor refreshing and is treated like a stuck pig. Blizzard plays with the hope of the players every time and always disappoints again.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Already impossible considering 9.1 vs 6.1, but hyperbole, amirite?

Jesus.
    Riiiight
    except 9.1 took about as long as 6.2 took to came out.
    With nothin in between aside 9.0.5
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    it definitely is mentaly unhealthy
    I'm sorry I don't take criticism from arm chair psychologists on a gaming forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    https://www[DOT]wowhead[DOT]com/news/blizzard-employees-tweet-support-for-victims-and-condemnation-of-activision-323546

Not sure whether I am able to link websites, so not going to risk it.
    I've got you

@ClassicPeon

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...rssTtFGSWHlBqQ
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..