Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I'm sorry I don't take criticism from arm chair psychologists on a gaming forum.
    Can't say they're wrong though in their assessment. I mean, you're only fueling exactly what they're pointing out. It's that obvious, whether you take the criticism or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Make WoW F2P already. Stop subbing to a dead game.
    Dead game, still the top MMO on twitch. Kappa.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Yeah it sucks, this comes at the worse possible timing. We are stuck at the same level of content ever since SL came out, this patch was, well, not really a patch, some minor content update.

This will really hurt the game, even more :/
    Not for nothing but this comment is asinine. You just got a patch with a raid, a megadungeon and a new zone with new systems and a new M+ affix. What the fuck more do you want to make it a "major" content update?

I love how all these devs are “making a stand” and walking out now, instead of standing up and saying something when this crap was actually happening to these people.

Making a stand after you get in trouble doesn’t really have the same weight to it, now does it?

It’s okay though, delay our game even more to make your statement. I’m sure people won’t mind.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's not surprising that MMO-C mods are part of the problem (being a part of the gaming community and all). This quote is spot on.

This thread is disgusting. Instead of locking it down, some dumb twat teenager mod gives this post an infraction? There are real people suffering in this situation, and it's not the self-centered little brats whining about 9.2 getting delayed.

There will never be healing in this community as long as gaming attracts the most bottom of the barrel, basement dwelling losers this planet has to offer.
    "Ugh I don't care if women are getting sexually harassed and the work environment is toxic. I don't want 9.2 to be delayed because my gaming is more important than the suffering of the people making the game I'm playing!" This is basically the mindset of everyone defending Blizzard and the mindset of people who make threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It's like they want all their players to move over to FF. Great business model.
    Sorry I don't play FOTM games with no endgame like FF.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Ion already said that work was well along for 9.2, so I ain't worried.
    Yeah about that. Considering all the shady info on the bros revealed, "Ion said" has about as much credibility as my farts. Especially since the WoW team was very specifically mentioned by the report.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean let's not get crazy calling Korthia a new zone. It's literally just an extension of the Maw.
    That's like saying Timeless Isle is "just an extension of Jade Forest."

It's attached to the Maw "continent" but it is absolutely a new, separate zone, and a fairly sizeable one, with plenty of new assets and creatures and frankly not much shared with the Maw besides the chains connecting the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean they can't use covid as a shield for delays anymore really even though people had no business erecting that shield for them to begin with so now they can say production was halted due to the lawsuit.
    True and True.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Ion already said that work was well along for 9.2, so I ain't worried.
    Ya so was 9.1 and look at how that turned out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Sorry I don't play FOTM games with no endgame like FF.
    Except FFXIV actually has an endgame and the game's developers aren't sexual predators

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Can't say they're wrong though in their assessment. I mean, you're only fueling exactly what they're pointing out. It's that obvious, whether you take the criticism or not.
    yeah I'm not the one calling other's mentally ill over their opinions of a fucking video game. and a video game made by a company run by a bunch of sex pests. maybe instead of making knee jerk insults you consult a mod or get the fuck over it?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-25 at 08:54 PM.

Lots of people just got major news about the company they work at. The "shock" will subside and It will calm down and they are back to work before you know it.

This entire case might be a blessing in disguise. Remove the trash and toxic shits from the company and get a better work moral and structure in the company going forward. Now with more competition, albeit temporary at best, from ffxiv. They have to stop thinking they are too big to fail and get their asses in gear and fix the issues and get the game back where its supposed to be

It's not surprising that MMO-C mods are part of the problem (being a part of the gaming community and all). This quote is spot on.

This thread is disgusting. Instead of locking it down, some dumb twat teenager mod gives this post an infraction? There are real people suffering in this situation, and it's not the self-centered little brats whining about 9.2 getting delayed.

There will never be healing in this community as long as gaming attracts the most bottom of the barrel, basement dwelling losers this planet has to offer.
    Look, you have to understand that it's possible to be critical and negative about the situation at Blizzard, which any decent person should be, and to want your favorite game to continue being developed at the same time. I know it might sound shocking to you, but that's just how it is. There are numerous reasons why people won't boycott WoW, and those people will want more content. It's understandable that they view unplanned hiatuses as a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I love how all these devs are “making a stand” and walking out now, instead of standing up and saying something when this crap was actually happening to these people.

Making a stand after you get in trouble doesn’t really have the same weight to it, now does it?

It’s okay though, delay our game even more to make your statement. I’m sure people won’t mind.
    It's quite likely that a lot of people were not aware of these events. And it's also possible that these people were afraid for their job and didn't speak up. Now when the milk is spilt it's good they are showing their support.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic moment View Post
    Except FFXIV actually has an endgame and the game's developers aren't sexual predators
    I used to say the same thing about Blizzard to my friends who played Ubisoft games, Riot games etc. Don't be surprised when a major sexual scandal about Square Enix surfaces in a couple years. It's the same in all big corporations and around the world. In fact, in Japan it might be much worse because the society is much more traditional there and equality between men and women is much behind the US. Treating women as second class citizens is prevalent as well. It's only been like 5 years since train molesters (very popular in Japan) are even seriously being punished, and this is only just one example. Chances are the exact same shit is happening there right now, but people aren't defiant enough to talk about it loudly like in the US now.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-07-25 at 09:05 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    To address the thread topic directly:

An alternative but I'm sure unpopular view would go something like this:

People log on to their workstations tomorrow or Tuesday (or come back into the office...I don't know where they are on this), attend a team meeting in which the events of the last few days are discussed, team leaders emphasize that whatever happens in the future there will be no more frat-boy atmosphere in the development offices, and reiterates that now is an important time to cut the crap and get to work.

It could go either way but I would be very surprised if an attempt at something like the above doesn't happen this week. When an office environment is in crisis this is a not-so-unusual reaction. Cut out the "frat-boy atmosphere", cull out the worst troublemakers, you might end up with a better result than you think. Time will tell.

Given how long everyone has been out of the office during the last 18 months, now is a good time to step back, do a reset on office policies and in one sense make a fresh start.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-25 at 09:19 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The fact that so many at Blizzard are "shocked" and "surprised" shows that this was probably not as bad as they are painting it.
    No, it means there's a lot of people lying

Amen.

And you never should have been infracted for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As expected, this thread has been derailed pretty severely. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead