Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    its really not that hard to ignore it and there are some addons that help. Would I prefer if it didnt exist, sure, but I would say it barely effects me. Not sure why someone would quit the game over some boost advertisements

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    This isn't even a game anymore.

https://ibb.co/PtvtzCJ

https://ibb.co/F75gMDJ
    Well you’ll especially like the change they’ve just made then. Should take out basically all of them

ah one of the many reasons i stopped playing this game...consider taking a break...the game sucks now

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    ah one of the many reasons i stopped playing this game...consider taking a break...the game sucks now
    The game sucks for a lot of reasons. People buying carries is not one of them

People should legitimate consider what the next decade of their life will look like.
    Whether they are playing games or not, does world of warcraft really deserve your attention?
    All things must end and i get that people have sunk 1000's of dollars into this game, but when the game dies you'll NEED to accept that its gone or you'll end up following suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smcz-6JxrNQ

This will help people understand why they havent quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    People should legitimate consider what the next decade of their life will look like.
    Whether they are playing games or not, does world of warcraft really deserve your attention?
    All things must end and i get that people have sunk 1000's of dollars into this game, but when the game dies you'll NEED to accept that its gone or you'll end up following suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smcz-6JxrNQ

This will help people understand why they havent quit.
    beyond actual addicts, the issue isn't that wow is dying per say. it's more of how it's dying that is the issue. it would be one thing to just see it fall out of relevance and see it go with nostalgia intact. seeing it torn to shreds by incompetence is a completely different thing. for a kind of bad analogy, it's equivalent to either leaving your childhood home because you're moving out to live on your own or leaving your childhood house because an arsonists decided that house looked rather flammable.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    beyond actual addicts, the issue isn't that wow is dying per say. it's more of how it's dying that is the issue. it would be one thing to just see it fall out of relevance and see it go with nostalgia intact. seeing it torn to shreds by incompetence is a completely different thing.
    I played WoW from around Naxxramas (vanilla) release until Firelands (cata), though i never reached level cap before TBC and my first level 70 wasnt until around patch 2.1 (Black Temple).
    Prior to WoW, i had played WC3 extensively, the story was excellent, most of my passion for WoW was to see these big name characters again.
    By the time i had killed the Lich King on 'the real difficulty' i was overinvested in the game, Cata was great on release and so i kept playing, but i had moved guild twice because i was trying to remedy my falling intrest in the game by being more hardcore.

(The biggest reason why subs dropped off after WotLK wasnt because cata was bad, but people realised that the story they knew and loved from WC3 had ended with the death of the Lich King)

After quitting early on in firelands (despite being 6/7 heroic on the 1st week and then never getting heroic ragnaros) i returned to the game for the first time for legion launch, it was pretty decent but the game never felt like home, i immediately identified all the daily/weekly tasks as little more than just engagement quotas and the artifact knowledge was okay at first, but got old real fast, not to mention the legendaries, i quit after Tomb of Sargeras released, the soak meta was just horrible and after witnessing the goblin reroll for mythic i knew the game was dead to me.

In retrospect i made peace with the game that ended with WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    I played WoW from around Naxxramas (vanilla) release until Firelands (cata), though i never reached level cap before TBC and my first level 70 wasnt until around patch 2.1 (Black Temple).
    Prior to WoW, i had played WC3 extensively, the story was excellent, most of my passion for WoW was to see these big name characters again.
    By the time i had killed the Lich King on 'the real difficulty' i was overinvested in the game, Cata was great on release and so i kept playing, but i had moved guild twice because i was trying to remedy my falling intrest in the game by being more hardcore.

(The biggest reason why subs dropped off after WotLK wasnt because cata was bad, but people realised that the story they knew and loved from WC3 had ended with the death of the Lich King)

After quitting early on in firelands (despite being 6/7 heroic on the 1st week and then never getting heroic ragnaros) i returned to the game for the first time for legion launch, it was pretty decent but the game never felt like home, i immediately identified all the daily/weekly tasks as little more than just engagement quotas and the artifact knowledge was okay at first, but got old real fast, not to mention the legendaries, i quit after Tomb of Sargeras released, the soak meta was just horrible and after witnessing the goblin reroll for mythic i knew the game was dead to me.

In retrospect i made peace with the game that ended with WotLK.
    Took a bit longer for me, I hit raiding burnout by MoP and quit 2 weeks into WoD launch. It ended for me when the people I had raided with all through TBC to Cata had quit. Lots of new people in the guild in MoP while I was burning out and I knew it was finished. No real reason to keep going as like you said, the lore characters I wanted to see from WC3 like Illidan and the LK were dead and gone.

I think I made peace at the end of Cata when all the people I had raided with over the years got together to raid 10 hc's mans separately away from our main guilds all started to quit the game after we cleared HC Deathwing.