Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    So your interpretation is people who buy gold, want boosts?

    I have every character at max and I've never bought a boost with my gold for anything. What's the point, everything you're buying is irrelevant by the next tier. You're dealing with a lot of theoreticals here. There's no limit on spending but this is also true if you've earned the gold in game.
    What do you think people buy WoW tokens for? I know from experience that people buy them to get boosted (just like people previously spent a lot of real life money to get boosted).
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  2. #162
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What do you think people buy WoW tokens for? I know from experience that people buy them to get boosted (just like people previously spent a lot of real life money to get boosted).
    From what I've seen and know from other's who've bought them (and me personally buying them) I've used everything on rare mounts and the BMAH. My friends used them BMAH stuff and buying BoE items from the AH for alts.

    Clearly we travel in different circles but there's no fundamental requirement that says all tokens are for boosts. People could have just as easily earned the gold in game and bought a boost. Playing the AH is not that time consuming with addons.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Advertising in LFG is against the tos, just report them
    thats a losing battle. for every 1 account you get banned. 10 new ones enter to advertise

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/antiboostspam

    This wonderful addon got rid of all the wts boost spam nonsense. I recommend it if you're annoyed by such crap. Also...

    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/blockchinese

    Use this if you don't want to see chat posts from players in that place.
    "That place" is kind of an awful way to put that, because that place houses humans that are a product of their environment. Just like you.

  5. #165
    Scarab Lord Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Any posh place
    Posts
    4,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I mean, they recently connected a bunch of servers, so this is only true if you choose to ignore facts.
    The list of low pop servers proves you wrong. Just the facts please not the blizzard announcements I mean what good are they anyway they were also claiming to be equal opportunities employers.

    EU realms have like 10 full and the rest are dead smelly carcasses. Why would you think that I try to make an impression here? I mean let’s face it people don’t just complain because they have nothing better to do they complain because acti/blizzard took a godly game and turned it into a p2w shit.

    Next time you log please check the servers list and you will understand the problem.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    i outgrew the games playerbase.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.
    Btw iam multi glad so plz dont tell me how to play, kkthxbye

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    From what I've seen and know from other's who've bought them (and me personally buying them) I've used everything on rare mounts and the BMAH. My friends used them BMAH stuff and buying BoE items from the AH for alts.

    Clearly we travel in different circles but there's no fundamental requirement that says all tokens are for boosts. People could have just as easily earned the gold in game and bought a boost. Playing the AH is not that time consuming with addons.
    Yeah but there's the difference. They would have played the game to get ahead in the game instead of reaching for their credit card in real life.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  7. #167
    This is shame and the one major problem in the game. Communities are formed not to play the game anymore but for selling boosts to clueless noobs. They should make this their top priority if they ever want to fix the game.

    This is not even possible to have a fun chat in game anymore because everything is filled with spam.

  8. #168
    Works fine on my machine.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizzard is still working. The scandal isn't going to stop it as that is being undertaken by upper management and their legal team. The rest of the company continues business as usual. Those that take care of game reports aren't affacted by the scandal at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So you really want a system that will be continously abused by the top PvP'rs? Your idea is a great way to completely burn PvP to the ground. Templates were bad when Blizzard did then. Putting them in the hands of the players would be 1000 times worse.
    I can't see how blizzard can't balance pve much less PvP. I trust feedback from gladiator level players then blizz.

  10. #170
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah but there's the difference. They would have played the game to get ahead in the game instead of reaching for their credit card in real life.
    That's also an assumption with no supportable evidence. Playing the AH does not equal game ability. Who says they have the talent reach 1.8K RBG naturally without being boosted or support the ability to mechanically adjust on the fly to mythic raiding. There's no overlap in any of these fields to earning gold in game. The overlap is: People who have gold buy boosts. There's literally a 50/50 chance that they earned the gold as bought the gold in boosts.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah but there's the difference. They would have played the game to get ahead in the game instead of reaching for their credit card in real life.
    I admit in the past while boosts existed they were very rare compared to today... selling heroic ( back then normal) was nearly unheard of till mop. It used to be a few ah goblins every patch would buy a mythic mount it wouldn't be like today where we schedule in a dozen people for heroic.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Advertising in LFG is against the tos, just report them
    like that does anything.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    While I'm not sure about the discord link and despite being spamming idiots (seriously, 15 different characters advertising Huokan with no rest), the other person advertising in chat is advertising a RMT website and should also be reported.
    The advertisers can also be reported. If they're advertising on an advertising only account, that account may be banned.

  14. #174
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit in the past while boosts existed they were very rare compared to today... selling heroic ( back then normal) was nearly unheard of till mop. It used to be a few ah goblins every patch would buy a mythic mount it wouldn't be like today where we schedule in a dozen people for heroic.
    Idk about that. Boosting to get the Amani War Bear was fairly common on my server back in the day (Draenor EU). What you're seeing now with boosting is a direct consequence of cross realm linking allowing more than a couple of the top guilds on a server to have total control of the boosting scene, if they even did it.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Why you think Lego 5 and 6 are ridiculous expensive.
    You do realize the cost of trade items is entirely set by the playerbase, right?

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    whale Andys had raid cleared with boost YEARS before token, since vanila...
    Yes, except for the fact that you can literally purchase gold via the WoW token with real money thereby turning the game into a literal "pay real money to get carried to victory" adventure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    You do realize that the only reason this exists is because there are a shit-load of people actively buying services like these, right?
    You put the blame on people who literally only exist because the vast majority of the playerbase is so bad they actually need these boosters to feel better.
    Why don't you hate on those people as well?

    Also, as many said, LFG tool adverts are reportable.
    Also also, boosting for gold is okay.
    Boosting for gold isn't the issue that many people have with the game. It's the fact that you can directly PURCHASE IN GAME GOLD WITH REAL MONEY. Blizzard cracked down on spending real money for these services, but only if the real money you're spending on these kinds of services isn't going directly to them. If you're spending your money on the WoW token for gold to then buy these services, it's totally okay in their eyes.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Idk about that. Boosting to get the Amani War Bear was fairly common on my server back in the day (Draenor EU). What you're seeing now with boosting is a direct consequence of cross realm linking allowing more than a couple of the top guilds on a server to have total control of the boosting scene, if they even did it.
    I suppose that is true but I feel like the bear was an outliner.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's also an assumption with no supportable evidence. Playing the AH does not equal game ability. Who says they have the talent reach 1.8K RBG naturally without being boosted or support the ability to mechanically adjust on the fly to mythic raiding. There's no overlap in any of these fields to earning gold in game. The overlap is: People who have gold buy boosts. There's literally a 50/50 chance that they earned the gold as bought the gold in boosts.
    I don't even know what you're trying to communicate here. There's a difference between playing the actual game to get ahead in the game and paying real life money to get ahead in the game. Sure, they still might not be able to clear mythic but at least they worked towards something in the game to earn that achievement instead of getting an advantage over other players by spending real life money.

    Don't get me wrong. I still think boosts were silly back then and obviously no one thinks these people are actually on the same level as people who cleared the same content without getting boosted but at least it was accomplished by in game means to which everyone has access. Spending potentially hundreds of dollars on having nice things or better gear on the other hand is not within reach for many players.

    There's also the fact that this shit has gotten infinitely more prevalent since the introduction of the WoW token.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  19. #179
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I suppose that is true but I feel like the bear was an outliner.
    To be fair until WotLK the bear was the only rare raid mount with 100% drop chance. There wasn't much in the way of boosting back then because there wasn't much with a 100% drop chance which was rare in a raid. The first I noticed boost farming was 25HC LK for Invincible. Maybe they were doing it before that? Mim's head or Grand Crusader mounts but I always felt they were a bit harder to farm than LK's. Cata was pretty simple to sell 100% mounts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't even know what you're trying to communicate here. There's a difference between playing the actual game to get ahead in the game and paying real life money to get ahead in the game. Sure, they still might not be able to clear mythic but at least they worked towards something in the game to earn that achievement instead of getting an advantage over other players by spending real life money.

    Don't get me wrong. I still think boosts were silly back then and obviously no one thinks these people are actually on the same level as people who cleared the same content without getting boosted but at least it was accomplished by in game means to which everyone has access. Spending potentially hundreds of dollars on having nice things or better gear on the other hand is not within reach for many players.

    There's also the fact that this shit has gotten infinitely more prevalent since the introduction of the WoW token.
    OK, maybe we're just misunderstanding each other here. Let me boil my statement down to basics. Gold is gold. How they got is irrelevant. That they played the game to earn it via legit means and chose to use it to buy a boost doesn't give them any sort of moral high ground. As you say everyone can earn the gold so buying it is not a distinct advantage other than time spent.

    Personally I feel it wasn't tokens that sped up the boosting scene. People/guilds have always done it. Not every server supported it however in the past.

    I personally think it was the introduction of x realm linking which gave you access to a thousand times more methods of being boosted as well as a 1000 times more consumers that caused this. Sure tokens have exacerbated the situation but they weren't the major cause of it.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-07-26 at 07:01 PM.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    OK, maybe we're just misunderstanding each other here. Let me boil my statement down to basics. Gold is gold. How they got is irrelevant. That they played the game to earn it via legit means and chose to use it to buy a boost doesn't give them any sort of moral high ground. As you say everyone can earn the gold so buying it is not a distinct advantage other than time spent.
    Pay 2 skip is pay 2 win as it creates an unfair (albeit temporary) advantage for those willing to spend more money. So I disagree with you there.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •