How hard is SoD for small groups?

By now we only head into SoD normal with a bigger group (20-25 raiders), but a small part of us wants to try heroic. It appears we will only be 10-12 raiders. If I remember if correctly, the last raids were always harder to beat with smaller groups.
    Does this also apply to SoD? From what I see, the first bosses seem not THAT hard with smaller groups except the four soak patches @nine.

Thanks in advance.

Not that hard before later bosses. Like Guardian damage taken with a small group is probably going to be a problem if you are undergeared. The orb going around just doesn't seem to scale all that much at all. Plus you always get 3 neutralization circles so with 10 man it's 30% where with 20 man it's 15% of raiders get it. Am sure there are other bosses that work like that as well.

I think difficulty is similar

Soulrender has turned out to be quite the shit fest with a group of 12-13.
    There are not a lot of mechanics, but the constant overlaps and spreading out of mechanics onto just this few people increase the damage taken immensely. According to Details we had almost or even over 2k DTS by everyone and that became almost impossible to heal very quickly, especially with all the movement making you run all over the place.

I don't know why this keeps happening, everytime a new raid comes out the tuning for small raid groups is terrible, then after weeks it gets tuned. Why doesn't that happen immediatedly...