Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    It's sad that the Devs allow this kind of behaviour. I don't care if it's "technically" allowed to "trade" for a service and receive gold. This boosting culture is one big part of killing the game for many players. I have to use an actual addon to mute all these "services". I hate the sellers as much as the people actually buying it. But I hate Blizzard THE MOST for not doing anything against it.

But hey, with recent news about all that's going on internally, I am not surprised. These people working there have a toxic environment of fear and harassment, I can't blame the average Dev too much. The higher ups need to GTFO and leave the company and be replaced by people that care for their game(s) and values that modern society DEMANDS
    lol
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you could pay with real money for gold or boost before, without token... i should know, i earned more than my classmates with part time jobs by selling gold and items back around wrath
    that was actualy one of reasons they introduced token, to make it safer and get their cut of profit...
    Yes you COULD do this, but they started cracking down hard on real world trading AFTER the token was introduced and not before despite it being a bannable offense for a long time.
    Point is that they SHOULD have been hard cracking down RWT the entire time instead of waiting until after the WoW token was released to start banning top guilds who we all knew sold runs for currency to fund their ability to play WoW as much as they did.

But the point is that RWT before was SUPPOSED TO BE risky to do for both the buyer and seller whereas it's now literally sanctioned by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    But the point is that RWT before was SUPPOSED TO BE risky to do for both the buyer and seller whereas it's now literally sanctioned by Blizzard.
    risky and banable, yet people never gave a fuck, its like traffic laws, people dont really care there is a speed limit and when they get ticket its cops fault
    think about bans for example for repeating the wq in legion in suramar that gave a lot of artefact power, or the stacking of exp potions in bfa, people were wiling to break TOS for a little of ap, ofc they break it for other things too

about cracking down on traders, they still dont really do that, sometimes when its way too much on the eyes they do, otherwise they tolerate it, bcs they cant afford to ban so many players... why do you think they introduce token rather than ban people seling/buying gold, there were shitloads of them and baning them would be huge cut into blizz pocket...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    I honestly will never understand people like you.
    its ego defense, like people who cant stand their ex is doing great without them, so they have to shit talk them, shows how "mature" the person really is...

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Hence why I don't play anymore.
    You don't play because boosting services exist?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You don't play because boosting services exist?
    can't speak for him, but yes, for me this lack of action from Blizzard towards boosting is easily half of why I stop playing. I don't want to support anyone that thinks commercial (p2w) boosting is acceptable. Don't care if you boost your friend.

risky and banable, yet people never gave a fuck, its like traffic laws, people dont really care there is a speed limit and when they get ticket its cops fault
    think about bans for example for repeating the wq in legion in suramar that gave a lot of artefact power, or the stacking of exp potions in bfa, people were wiling to break TOS for a little of ap, ofc they break it for other things too

about cracking down on traders, they still dont really do that, sometimes when its way too much on the eyes they do, otherwise they tolerate it, bcs they cant afford to ban so many players... why do you think they introduce token rather than ban people seling/buying gold, there were shitloads of them and baning them would be huge cut into blizz pocket...

- - - Updated - - -

its ego defense, like people who cant stand their ex is doing great without them, so they have to shit talk them, shows how "mature" the person really is...
    There wasn't that much and it carried real risk. Why buying normal wasn't really a common thing till late mop aoe gold farming

10+ Year Old Account
    well then it must be really weird difference between realm groups bcs whatever i searched for in dungeon part of finder i never seen more than 2-3 booster groups there...
    raid part while searching for sylvanas only shortly after reset is different story, as most groups are not at her yet
    its worse on tuesdays.

generally after i report the first set, and search again ill get maybe one more than i missed or wasnt showing. But today, holy heck theres SO MANY.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

its really not that hard to ignore it and there are some addons that help. Would I prefer if it didnt exist, sure, but I would say it barely effects me. Not sure why someone would quit the game over some boost advertisements

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    This isn't even a game anymore.

https://ibb.co/PtvtzCJ

https://ibb.co/F75gMDJ
    Well you’ll especially like the change they’ve just made then. Should take out basically all of them

ah one of the many reasons i stopped playing this game...consider taking a break...the game sucks now

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    ah one of the many reasons i stopped playing this game...consider taking a break...the game sucks now
    The game sucks for a lot of reasons. People buying carries is not one of them

People should legitimate consider what the next decade of their life will look like.
    Whether they are playing games or not, does world of warcraft really deserve your attention?
    All things must end and i get that people have sunk 1000's of dollars into this game, but when the game dies you'll NEED to accept that its gone or you'll end up following suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smcz-6JxrNQ

This will help people understand why they havent quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    People should legitimate consider what the next decade of their life will look like.
    Whether they are playing games or not, does world of warcraft really deserve your attention?
    All things must end and i get that people have sunk 1000's of dollars into this game, but when the game dies you'll NEED to accept that its gone or you'll end up following suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smcz-6JxrNQ

This will help people understand why they havent quit.
    beyond actual addicts, the issue isn't that wow is dying per say. it's more of how it's dying that is the issue. it would be one thing to just see it fall out of relevance and see it go with nostalgia intact. seeing it torn to shreds by incompetence is a completely different thing. for a kind of bad analogy, it's equivalent to either leaving your childhood home because you're moving out to live on your own or leaving your childhood house because an arsonists decided that house looked rather flammable.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    beyond actual addicts, the issue isn't that wow is dying per say. it's more of how it's dying that is the issue. it would be one thing to just see it fall out of relevance and see it go with nostalgia intact. seeing it torn to shreds by incompetence is a completely different thing.
    I played WoW from around Naxxramas (vanilla) release until Firelands (cata), though i never reached level cap before TBC and my first level 70 wasnt until around patch 2.1 (Black Temple).
    Prior to WoW, i had played WC3 extensively, the story was excellent, most of my passion for WoW was to see these big name characters again.
    By the time i had killed the Lich King on 'the real difficulty' i was overinvested in the game, Cata was great on release and so i kept playing, but i had moved guild twice because i was trying to remedy my falling intrest in the game by being more hardcore.

(The biggest reason why subs dropped off after WotLK wasnt because cata was bad, but people realised that the story they knew and loved from WC3 had ended with the death of the Lich King)

After quitting early on in firelands (despite being 6/7 heroic on the 1st week and then never getting heroic ragnaros) i returned to the game for the first time for legion launch, it was pretty decent but the game never felt like home, i immediately identified all the daily/weekly tasks as little more than just engagement quotas and the artifact knowledge was okay at first, but got old real fast, not to mention the legendaries, i quit after Tomb of Sargeras released, the soak meta was just horrible and after witnessing the goblin reroll for mythic i knew the game was dead to me.

In retrospect i made peace with the game that ended with WotLK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    I played WoW from around Naxxramas (vanilla) release until Firelands (cata), though i never reached level cap before TBC and my first level 70 wasnt until around patch 2.1 (Black Temple).
    Prior to WoW, i had played WC3 extensively, the story was excellent, most of my passion for WoW was to see these big name characters again.
    By the time i had killed the Lich King on 'the real difficulty' i was overinvested in the game, Cata was great on release and so i kept playing, but i had moved guild twice because i was trying to remedy my falling intrest in the game by being more hardcore.

(The biggest reason why subs dropped off after WotLK wasnt because cata was bad, but people realised that the story they knew and loved from WC3 had ended with the death of the Lich King)

After quitting early on in firelands (despite being 6/7 heroic on the 1st week and then never getting heroic ragnaros) i returned to the game for the first time for legion launch, it was pretty decent but the game never felt like home, i immediately identified all the daily/weekly tasks as little more than just engagement quotas and the artifact knowledge was okay at first, but got old real fast, not to mention the legendaries, i quit after Tomb of Sargeras released, the soak meta was just horrible and after witnessing the goblin reroll for mythic i knew the game was dead to me.

In retrospect i made peace with the game that ended with WotLK.
    Took a bit longer for me, I hit raiding burnout by MoP and quit 2 weeks into WoD launch. It ended for me when the people I had raided with all through TBC to Cata had quit. Lots of new people in the guild in MoP while I was burning out and I knew it was finished. No real reason to keep going as like you said, the lore characters I wanted to see from WC3 like Illidan and the LK were dead and gone.

I think I made peace at the end of Cata when all the people I had raided with over the years got together to raid 10 hc's mans separately away from our main guilds all started to quit the game after we cleared HC Deathwing.