Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    It's not like you're paying taxes to them dude. You're still buying their service here.
    actually I'm not

last time I bought anything was in 2019

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Alex Klontzas is a senior game producer at blizzard, he just posted "If your reaction to everything going on right now is to complain that the next patch is going to take longer to release, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. You value video game content more than human decency and respect."
    I never saw that amount of audacity, when bosses abuse their employees and try to blame the customer
    best opinion i read about this post:
    So... The problem of YOUR company is OUR fault as costumers... Yeah right.

I mean, I understand that right now there are more important things to focus for them, and this is fucking really big and hope most of them, if this is proven true, end up in jail for a long time.

But customers, the great majority of them, just play the game and don't even know what is happening on the company, they just want the content they are paying MONTHLY for. Of course they are going to complain about not getting something if they are paying 15€ a month
    I agree with him. It's a game at the end of the day and there is no obligation for them to release content to your schedule. If you're unhappy with the pace you're within you rights to cancel your sub and play something else until it does release. It's not your right to treat people as human trash because you're bored.

Well he's not wrong. If someone's takeaway from all of this is "these fuckers are delaying 9.2 I want my money back rabble rabble rabble", then they need to get the hell away from their PCs and do something else. Or, better yet, go play something else.

If people are bitching about paying a sub, here's a big spoiler for them: you are paying to play 9.1, not for them to develop 9.2. If you don't like it, feel free to unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Well he's not wrong. If someone's takeaway from all of this is "these fuckers are delaying 9.2 I want my money back rabble rabble rabble", then they need to get the hell away from their PCs and do something else. Or, better yet, go play something else.

If people are bitching about paying a sub, here's a big spoiler for them: you are paying to play 9.1, not for them to develop 9.2. If you don't like it, feel free to unsub.
    It's also more hilarious when the Asmongold fanboys come in and try to make everything about him.

"If your reaction to everything going on right now is to complain that the next patch is going to take longer to release, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. You value video game content more than human decency and respect."
    Yeah I care more for a product and the community/friends I have on there for 12+ years that this may well negatively impact more than I do for nameless faceless people on another continent that may or may not have contributed somehow to that product.

Pretty cringe, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Yeah I care more for a product and the community/friends I have on there for 12+ years that this may well negatively impact more than I do for nameless faceless people on another continent that may or may not have contributed somehow to that product.

Pretty cringe, Alex.
    "I don't care how many children are enslaved, I like my clothes cheap!"

It's a game, it has literally no priority over anything in life, much less the health and safety of its developers. Grow up and play something else in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's also more hilarious when the Asmongold fanboys come in and try to make everything about him.
    To be honest, I have no idea what Asmon's stance is on all of this. Nor do I really care. Can't stand the guy nor the people who follow him. Last I heard, he'd gone over to FF14. So those guys can put up with him now.

So, while the company sort things out we don't have to pay a sub? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    So, while the company sort things out we don't have to pay a sub? Right?
    You don't have to pay a sub. If someone is forcing you, tell them to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea what Asmon's stance is on all of this. Nor do I really care. Can't stand the guy nor the people who follow him. Last I heard, he'd gone over to FF14. So those guys can put up with him now.
    It's just pure cult of personality. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You don't have to pay a sub. If someone is forcing you, tell them to stop.
    Dont even need to pay even if you want to play, just use gold.

In my humble opinion, the responses in this topic explain perfectly how these people can get away with anything.. it seems people will eat like ice-scream any “empathetic” statement from someone “Senior”

So you guys/girls have no idea of scale?

In real life.. complex investigations.. into murders, drug cartels etc.. cost a tiny-tiny fraction of the resources a multi-billion dollar giant corporation like Acti/Bliz possesses...

So these multi-billion dollar resources are taken away from game development and are being put into the “investigations” and “uprooting harassment”...

literally 100x the resources any IRL investigation about cartels , drug lords, murders etc...

And all they have to show for it is 1000 word PR essays saying that “harassment is bad but I didn’t see anything” ?

And if you complain about game development.. YOU CONDONE HARASSMENT... but literally all the senior guys didn’t see anything... only YOU are the issue...

No wonder they always get away with stuff.. like the Hong Kong incident etc... seems it’s very easy to manipulate the masses by “empathetic statements”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Wow that is not even remotely what he was saying..... He says that right now there are very big issues in the company and that will take time and a lot of resources to fix. Obviously that can impact game development. And if you can't understand that, then that says a lot about the customer. He is 100% right about this.
    in that case they should reduce the cost a subscription to compensate for the extra time it takes, in no other industry would it be acceptable to gouge consumers while still being negligent and failing to produce the product that is being paid for, yet in the gaming industry we hail mediocrity and praise negligence, you need to step back here, 95% of the playerbase doesn't check fansites, doesn't engage with 'the company' on social media, so why should they care about a 'big issue' when they are paying full price for a sub par product?

So with his logic you could also say: We the subscribers are part of problem because we are paying $15 per month to play WoW and this money goes directly into the pockets of sexual predators and a company that enables those people.

I think its a bullshit statement that he made.

Weird thing to say. They are so controlling and precise in the development and marketing of their games, so it's weird to see a producer lash out at customers in general like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    These guys are always “projecting”..

Like blaming other people for “toxic masculinity” (e.g. Asmongold)...

While they and their company literary have blood on their hands via their conduct..

Another projection... trying to swift the discussion to customers..

So he says “We will either stop harassing/assaulting and also stop game development” or “if you want proper development times then we are going to continue the sexual assaults”

What a load of bullsh...
    You should take some reading comprehension classes.

The amount of mental gymnastics trying to re-interpret his statement is just as embarrassing as expected.
    "My narrative is: Everyone at blizzard is bad and they don't like us. That statement clearly reflects that."

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in that case they should reduce the cost a subscription to compensate for the extra time it takes, in no other industry would it be acceptable to gouge consumers while still being negligent and failing to produce the product that is being paid for, yet in the gaming industry we hail mediocrity and praise negligence, you need to step back here, 95% of the playerbase doesn't check fansites, doesn't engage with 'the company' on social media, so why should they care about a 'big issue' when they are paying full price for a sub par product?
    There is still plenty if stuff to do in game and if you don't like that you could always unsub until new content arrives. No one is forced to pay a dime. We all do so because we want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread has already been closed due to derailment, and this one appears to be on the same trajectory (in addition to being off-topic). This topic can be discussed here. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead