Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I thought "I quit" threads, and promoting a YouTuber were against the rules? Because they're pointless threads?

  2. #42
    Let’s set this straight

    This guy is the opposite of toxic.

    Very thoughtful and detailed videos and it seems he straight up does it as a hobby. He could’ve monetized his popularity way more.

    On the topic at hand, it’s true Blizz targeted whales once again.

    It’s their IP, their property, so of course their are entitled to do whatever they want.

    On the other hand, it’s also the right of loyal players to feel let’s say “betrayed” by this behavior and thus exit the game.

  3. #43
    Honestly, I really don;t get this bullshit arguments over "Paid Boosting".

    You;re all looking at it the wrong way. It isn't there to skip content, but to allow players to play with their friends.
    Many people came back for TBC Classic. NOT Classic WoW.
    Imagine for a moment if you have 4 people who played Classic to 60, and went into TBC, and 2 friends joined them, and then had to level through to 60 from scratch? By the time they got to 60, their mates would have already been doing Heroics and raiding, and they might not get a spot, unless they specifically rolled Blood Elf or Draenai.

    The "Boost" is to get people to do the content they want to do, nothing more. It is entirely optional, has zero effect on gameplay.


    As for Cash Shop token? Again, you can buy an Epic flyer with it, and then...what else? Consumables? One shitty BoE that is replaced within a couple of tiers? Wow, game breaking.


    Stop acting like the sky is falling, and actually just look at it with a reasoned mentality and viewpoint. But that is the issue with this site, mainly full of gatekeepers, neckbeards and over-reacting people.

  4. #44
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipode View Post
    Convenient that he's quitting now that BC is on the downturn, and not when boosts were announced.
    You have to make sure to jump on the bandwagon when something is on the downturn. Theirs no reason to hate on something until everyone else thinks its cool

    I do actually like Madseason though, but tbh, I'm not quitting wow and I hope everyone quitting just quits and stops the whole "I SPENT MY LIFE ON THIS I HATE U BLIZZ" type stuff and just unsubs and leaves people that actually want to continue in peace. You dont see me on a forum in Shanghai trying to talk shit in Mandarin about FF14 right.. So again, I just hope everyone gets what they want

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    The "Boost" is to get people to do the content they want to do, nothing more. It is entirely optional, has zero effect on gameplay.
    You're just wrong. The boost depopulates the world and also massively supports gold farming bots that harm the ingame economy. That's not "zero effect on gameplay".
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  6. #46
    Pandaren Monk Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, I really don;t get this bullshit arguments over "Paid Boosting".

    You;re all looking at it the wrong way. It isn't there to skip content, but to allow players to play with their friends.
    Many people came back for TBC Classic. NOT Classic WoW.
    Imagine for a moment if you have 4 people who played Classic to 60, and went into TBC, and 2 friends joined them, and then had to level through to 60 from scratch? By the time they got to 60, their mates would have already been doing Heroics and raiding, and they might not get a spot, unless they specifically rolled Blood Elf or Draenai.

    The "Boost" is to get people to do the content they want to do, nothing more. It is entirely optional, has zero effect on gameplay.


    As for Cash Shop token? Again, you can buy an Epic flyer with it, and then...what else? Consumables? One shitty BoE that is replaced within a couple of tiers? Wow, game breaking.


    Stop acting like the sky is falling, and actually just look at it with a reasoned mentality and viewpoint. But that is the issue with this site, mainly full of gatekeepers, neckbeards and over-reacting people.
    People don't understand this. Without the boost i can guarantee there would of been a lot of players who would of never bothered coming back. Anecdotal, but my friend only came back for TBC (He tried classic and it didn't age well for him) so if it wasn't for the boost he would not have even been playing right now.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    So I already know that Blizzard is against players buying gold from 3rd parties, I'm just not sure if you are against it.
    Is this a serious question?
    Because that question feels downright disingenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    There are definitely players who buy boosts from Mages and Paladins who have to buy 3rd party gold in order to pay for those boosts. Others players who don't have to buy gold 'cause they got a lot of gold from GDKP runs, have gold from other players who were able to pay big gold for those raid epics by buying gold from 3rd parties.
    I'm not a fan boosting, either, but it's stupid to condemn something because people engage in RMT (which against the ToS) and thus one considers the entire transaction problematic.

    By that logic, trading between players is already problematic because one players might have purchased gold off some 3rd party website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    If Blizzard could take a magic wand and magically make all player cheating stop, that would be super awesome. World peace is also a worthy goal. In the meantime, since bad people still break the rules and cheat, Blizzard is trying alternatives, like boosts & tokens, to minimize the impact of the cheaters, while still actively trying to find these people and ban them.
    Yeah...because Retail the WoW Token for years and the issue of RMT has completely vanished...right?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Seems like the age old, "I think I'm so great because I invested an ungodly amount of time into getting something that someone else is now getting easily" whine.

    You know, you can just totally insulate yourself from these people if you have sufficient social skills to make friends, but streamers like this don't make friends, they make hangers-on, orbiters, bloodsuckers. So I can see why this is challenging for people like him.

    Oh well, quit. The game is less toxic without people like him.
    "He doesn't like the things I do, therefore, toxic."
    No wonder why this forum has gone to the gutter with Taliesin levels of delusion

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.
    This was also true in real TBC, back in 07-08. It may not have been as quick, but when the dark portal opened, classic zones became ghost towns. You can't blame this on a paid boost because it happened on the real servers.

    [Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

  10. #50
    Dudes got 400k subs and a decent amount of views and that is purely doing WoW videos. So I doubt he is actually quitting, he will be back at latest when a new expac is about to hit and its way easier to get high views again.

    He just made the video for attention.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    "He doesn't like the things I do, therefore, toxic."
    No wonder why this forum has gone to the gutter with Taliesin levels of delusion
    "These people that have been playing since the start of the game want Blizzard to stick to their word and make their old version of the game like it used to be back in the day? Get this toxic, gatekeeping scum out of here."

    You cannot reason with these people.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Let’s set this straight

    This guy is the opposite of toxic.

    Very thoughtful and detailed videos and it seems he straight up does it as a hobby. He could’ve monetized his popularity way more.

    On the topic at hand, it’s true Blizz targeted whales once again.

    It’s their IP, their property, so of course their are entitled to do whatever they want.

    On the other hand, it’s also the right of loyal players to feel let’s say “betrayed” by this behavior and thus exit the game.
    What exactly did they do to target whales? Nothing, literally nothing can be bought more than once. The boost is literally the equivalent of buying an actual expansion, which in a normal situation you’d have done anyway.

    There is no recurring item that allows targets big spenders.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    This was also true in real TBC, back in 07-08. It may not have been as quick, but when the dark portal opened, classic zones became ghost towns. You can't blame this on a paid boost because it happened on the real servers.
    I disagree, I started early TBC around 2.1 and saw plenty of people around. WAY more than I see now.

  14. #54
    Merely a Setback SensationalBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sweden. We eat a LOT of bananas here.
    Posts
    28,678
    Manchildren whinging about shit they could just easily ignore whilst being wholly ignorant as to what it could look like if Blizzard truly wanted to go ham with the cash shop.

    Not sure I see the tragedy here.

    RMT buying gold to buy boosts only became a Blizzard-sanctioned thing because of player behaviour, buying from (and getting scammed by) 3rd party websites. Also, players wanting to pay their sub/store items with gold. I looooove the token, haven't paid actual money for the game or services or store stuff since WoD.

    RMT as in paying real cash for boosts/items (see my sig) and selling gold for real money is still against the TOS. If those 2 ever got the greenlight, I'd start to worry for real.
    Last edited by SensationalBanana; 2021-07-26 at 04:17 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿U´ᴥ`U✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  15. #55
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Seems like the age old, "I think I'm so great because I invested an ungodly amount of time into getting something that someone else is now getting easily" whine.

    You know, you can just totally insulate yourself from these people if you have sufficient social skills to make friends, but streamers like this don't make friends, they make hangers-on, orbiters, bloodsuckers. So I can see why this is challenging for people like him.

    Oh well, quit. The game is less toxic without people like him.
    Fighting toxicity with toxicity hey?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Dudes got 400k subs and a decent amount of views and that is purely doing WoW videos. So I doubt he is actually quitting, he will be back at latest when a new expac is about to hit and its way easier to get high views again.

    OP falling for the easiest marketing ever.
    Maybe, maybe not. But he did also note wanting to stop doing content as he wanted to be a private individual, so it's due to personal reasons as well. He truly might just wanna move on instead of being stuck making content and go through the ordeals that many youtubers and streamers have to go through.

  17. #57
    I find it mildly hilarious some people find madseason to be "toxic" in anyway. Disagree with his takes? Not like his taste in games? I can see that. But toxic. Man.. that term basically is used for anything that "isn't all about me, my greatness, and the way I think" anymore isn't it?

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,375
    Activision puts the squeeze on everything they touch, their greed knows no ends, more wants more regardless if they ruin the product every now and then in that pursuit.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Imagine for a moment if you have 4 people who played Classic to 60, and went into TBC, and 2 friends joined them, and then had to level through to 60 from scratch? By the time they got to 60, their mates would have already been doing Heroics and raiding, and they might not get a spot, unless they specifically rolled Blood Elf or Draenai.
    I'd say "It mumst suck to want to play with people who don't want to play with you back"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

  20. #60
    He was among the people who influenced a lot of people to at least try Classic which was a massive success, i was very pumped watching his videos before Classic it was even announced, i did not play Classic because i was too bored to do so but i was very happy seeing him enjoying it and getting his Rank 14. He clearly says that the reason he leaves is Life not the cash shop, i hope he gets his thing together and get back to w/e game he enjoys, because i found him entertaining to watch every once in a while.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •